A PR and Marketing Coup

Konini

Some brilliant soul in Athens should be getting a huge pay rise this morning; the return (or non-return) of the Elgin Marbles has made headlines around the world - even my local radio station, BBC Tees have been talking about it this morning. And how was this masterpiece of publicity obtained? By asking legal advise from George Clooney's new wife.

While I'm sure that the Greeks have a very valid case for getting their relics back, the new Mrs C must surely have known that the first new case she took on would make world headlines and that it would have been more appropriate for it to have been a case in her chosen field of speciality: Human rights. More succinctly, why didn't the people handling things for the hapless duo currently incarcerated at Koh Tao think of getting to her before someone who's only concern is a few bits of marble, pretty and historic as they might be?

Just sayin'.

Were the Marbles made in Thailand?

Nah, but the laws that will quite likely see those two poor buggers sentenced to death were. sad.png It was an opportunity, a situation just waiting to be manipulated.

DISCLAIMER: If they are truly guilty, lock them up and throw the key away (sorry, can't agree with execution). What I've seen and read about this particular case gives me a big case of the sads.