Equality

keithkarmann

Is it normal in a Thai family with son and daughter of working age to expect the daughter to support the family while the father lays in a hammock all day and the working age son takes the piss and wants to carry on with the father's tradition and let his sister support him as well. Just Asking.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unless they can find a stupid Falung to support them all.

It must go against the grain if you are the falang doing the supporting

It all starts with the selection process, the wheat is very easily sorted from the chaff.

• Like 1

Pretty much, yes.

But where I live in Rhek Thum, they haven't discovered hammocks yet, so they ride three physically grown men to one 110cc scooter (that's 36cc per male--doesn't seem like much …. what? … no, not brain pan size, cylinder size!) holding bird cages headed for an empty lot to have a day of drinking and listening to their birds sing while the women cut rubber trees and cook food.

• Like 1

Keith ... can I call you Keith?

Are you inquiring for ALL of Thailand, your specific area in Thailand (isaan etc), your City/Village ... or simply your immediate Family ... or someone's Family who you know?

Details please ... we need details ... rolleyes.gif

So how many posters and ex-pats in Thailand wouldn't jump at the opportunity to sit around all day at a beach, at a pub, on the porch taking the piss all day IF only they had someone to mooch off of? How many ex-pats are here right now living off the tit of their social welfare programs back home?

I have met many farang in the CM/CR region that don't do diddly all day while their Thai wife works to support them.

To answer the OP's query. I suppose its as common here amongst Thais as it is amongst farang to exploit.

Cheers

Unfortunately, round where I live in Issan, yes.

Why do you think, so many girls from around here, land in Pattaya or BKK to become prostitutes?

I know it's a disgrace, but I'm told many times not to bash the Thais but adjust to their way of living.

I will never......but that's another story.

and typically you confuse the exception for the rule. but that is normal for dedicated thai bashers.

• Like 2

So how many posters and ex-pats in Thailand wouldn't jump at the opportunity to sit around all day at a beach, at a pub, on the porch taking the piss all day IF only they had someone to mooch off of? How many ex-pats are here right now living off the tit of their social welfare programs back home?

I have met many farang in the CM/CR region that don't do diddly all day while their Thai wife works to support them.

To answer the OP's query. I suppose its as common here amongst Thais as it is amongst farang to exploit.

Cheers

what country in the west gives social WELFARE benefits to folks living out of country?

I was asking questions. If you don't have any answers then start your own post like a grown-up.

Cheers

what country in the west gives social WELFARE benefits to folks living out of country?
I was asking questions. If you don't have any answers then start your own post like a grown-up.

then the answer to your question is zero.

Zero posters and expats would sit around and get pissed all day IF they could?

You and I live in such different worlds that it would be a waste of my time to hold any attempt at further discussion with you.

Cheers

You and I live in such different worlds that it would be a waste of my time to hold any attempt at further discussion with you.

Cheers

zero expats live on western social welfare. nice dodge!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers

zero expats live on western social welfare. nice dodge!

Have you ever heard of that place they call Ulop in Thailand?

Cheers

Birds of a feather flock together.

Nice to hear your experience

Yeh, I left myself open for that but I was pretty certain jaydee wasn't clever enough to exploit it.

I am not much of a drinker...maybe a pint every month or two.

And i live off my own blood & sweat FWIW...but then on this board I am sure everybody would swear the same. Yourself included.

But if you are of the same mindset as our comanion jaydee that no farang expat would ever dream of a taking advantage of a free ride IF only they could, then you aren't as clever as I give you credit for.

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers

Yeh, I left myself open for that but I was pretty certain jaydee wasn't clever enough to exploit it.

And i live off my own blood & sweat FWIW...but then on this board I am sure everybody would swear the same. Yourself included.

But if you are of the same mindset as our comanion jaydee that no farang expat would ever dream of a taking advantage of a free ride IF only they could, then you aren't as clever as I give you credit for.

Cheers

still trying to dodge my original point I see. C'mon pal, give us examples of western countries that allow expats to collect SOCIAL WELFARE!! don't try and deflect it with an IF, you insinuated that its happening and I checked you up on it and so far you got nothing!

• Like 1

Boys here are treated with more leniency and given more freedom. Remember there is no social welfare system here, which means that all Thais must make their own way in life financially. Some will become entrepreneurs, others will be management, workers, etc etc. A portion will become freeloaders (only if they are allowed to) and just like a child, will exploit that as far as possible.Those who allow the free ride are more responsible than the free rider IMHO.

Boys here are treated with more leniency and given more freedom. Remember there is no social welfare system here, which means that all Thais must make their own way in life financially. Some will become entrepreneurs, others will be management, workers, etc etc. A portion will become freeloaders (only if they are allowed to) and just like a child, will exploit that as far as possible.Those who allow the free ride are more responsible than the free rider IMHO.

more responsible? lol

Cheers

Cheers

still trying to dodge my original point I see. C'mon pal, give us examples of western countries that allow expats to collect SOCIAL WELFARE!! don't try and deflect it with an IF, you insinuated that its happening and I checked you up on it and so far you got nothing!

You appear to have tremendous difficulty seeing the forest through the trees. In fact, you are completely entangled in just one tree--try stepping back and getting a more full perspective.

more responsible? lol

Being as it begins at infancy yes.

more responsible? lol

Being as it begins at infancy yes.

lol! heaven forbid an infant refuses to make its own way financially!!

You appear to have tremendous difficulty seeing the forest through the trees. In fact, you are completely entangled in just one tree--try stepping back and getting a more full perspective.

i really have no interest in your forest pal. its the individual deformed tree that piques my curiosity. I'm kind of a detail guy ! lol

Unfortunately, round where I live in Issan, yes.

Why do you think, so many girls from around here, land in Pattaya or BKK to become prostitutes?

I know it's a disgrace, but I'm told many times not to bash the Thais but adjust to their way of living.

I will never......but that's another story.

This is the "Amazing Truth"....

What do they do all day?... " Kin, noon...kohok"..."Eating (and drinking lao as from early morning), sleeping, ...and telling lies". Whilst the ladies work and try to take care...