TAT launches campaign to promote family-friendly Thai destinations

webfact

The TAT is preparing to launch another campaign called '24 Hours Enjoy Thailand' to attract foreigners to visit the country under martial law. According to the agency, martial law actually benefits tourism because it ensures that foreigners are safe round-the-clock.

Has it stopped scams? NO.

Has it stopped violence against foreigners? NO

Has it stopped foreigners from being murdered? NO

Yes Thai logic .... Ignore the truth and bury your head in the sand and just keep getting the press releases out there saying all is rosy.

Family Holidays .... Where the dickens are they going to go without being subjected to prostitution - deep within the National Parks where they are charged 5 or 10 times more than a Thai? Sure I'd want to bring my family to Thailand - in fact left a couple of weeks ago and oh and I so much happier.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are these families to come from? Local Thai? Fine. Surrounding Asian countries? Possibly. Europe? Forget about it. The cost of flying a family of four to Thailand and back would pay for two or three far superior family holidays nearer home.

There's nothing for kids to do in Thailand that's can't be found cheaper and better elsewhere anyway.

"martial law actually benefits tourism because it ensures that foreigners are safe round-the-clock." Once you move from close proximity to the clock is when safety is compromised.

Jomtien isn't on the list, but we still have tons of Thais on weekends (which is just fine. Do wish they would not spread there picnic mats in middle of sidewalk, but what the heck).

Mean while, in various parts of the globe a film staring Pierce Brosman and Owen Wilson shot partially in Chiang Mai called..The Coup is due to hit the big screens! Which is about an American family trapped in Thailand and trying to flee when a Military Coup occurs!

You just can´t make this Sh*t up!

Edited by DerekMarshall

"Bring your family on holiday to Thailand..............as long as it's a Quality Family"

"Family members can visit the Sea Turtles Conservation Center and scuba dive in Chonburi and can take an agro tour around the Thai-Danish dairy farm and join a walk rally in Khao Yai."

that should tire them out.....sure to sleep well after a day like that.

Edited by bangon04

According to the agency, martial law actually benefits tourism because it ensures that foreigners are safe round-the-clock.

Words rarely fail me .

(Too bad the same can't be said for TAT. Take a holiday, fellows.)

safe round the clock!!!!! what a load of rubbish...this is the same tat leader who wants to install lighting and cameras on koh tao?...you know the cameras that can be deleted or changed to suit the occasion?

which part of "Thailand is corrupt" and " the police are corrupt" does she not understand? if she is a mother living in England today, would she agree to her children going to stay on kho tao?

I don't think so!!!!

From sattahip to khao yai?

Via 304? Truly a life shortening experience for the uninitiated.

I am not sure of your point. Can think of nothing attractive on that journey; perhaps your point. Khao Yai the Pattaya of "natural beauty"!

I think the point is that the number of tourists exiting the country may be less than those arriving due to attrition in the form of the odd road accident, or two, or three. Definitely no more than three. In fact, perhaps there are no road accidents in Thailand, no prostitution in Pattaya and no mafia in Koh Tao.

To say it, is to believe it.

Where are these families to come from? Local Thai? Fine. Surrounding Asian countries? Possibly. Europe? Forget about it. The cost of flying a family of four to Thailand and back would pay for two or three far superior family holidays nearer home.

There's nothing for kids to do in Thailand that's can't be found cheaper and better elsewhere anyway.

Have to disagree withn you there, I spend a lot of time in both Bangkok and Pattaya and have seen surprisingly quite a few Europeans/Russians with 1 or 2 teen or pre-teen kids with them at various malls.

I'll never forget the time I saw a young farang family, with two kiddies, go into a strip club on Walking St.

How's that for family entertainment?

This is what the outside of a bar on Walking street looks like. Forgive me if I don't believe you.

post-187908-0-51469600-1413383715_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

Mommy mommy... Why are all of these girls standing on walking street ?

Mommy Mommy .... Is that young girl holding his hand his daughter ?

Mommy Mommy ..... Why does that man dress like a woman ?

Family destination smile.png really ???

Mommy mommy... Why is that policeman drinking beer in uniform? Is that a gun he's carrying?

• Like 1

i wonder how many new tourism campaigns TAT launches per year? Seems like I see a new one announced around once a week. And then I wonder how many are considered successful and how many are failures? TAT probably don't even know although I'm sure they will say the great, great majority are successful.

It's almost like during the Gulf War when a rocket launching or artillery unit would shoot their weapons and then get the heck out of that firing location...many times not knowing if their weapons hit the intended target...Shoot and Scoot tactic they called it....TAT seems to use such a tactic with their very frequent new campaigns. Probably some retired general running TAT like most every other govt/semi-govt agency in Thaland.

The new tourism minister, is the wife of one of the 1000 plus generals

No really ? i'm shocked.... and there I was thinking it was some marketing doctorate or tourism PHd or some high flying career proven wizzo. wink.png

Edited by englishoak

According to the agency, martial law actually benefits tourism because it ensures that foreigners are safe round-the-clock.

Words rarely fail me ….

(Too bad the same can't be said for TAT. Take a holiday, fellows.)

Can't get travel insurance for Martial Law countries
Yes you can. In fact I have with Virgin. They state that the policy only becomes invalid if I become injured as a result of being involved in a protest type event. Ergo if I'm chilling on a beach (as many would) I'm sorted.

Mommy mommy... Why are all of these girls standing on walking street ?

Mommy Mommy .... Is that young girl holding his hand his daughter ?

Mommy Mommy ..... Why does that man dress like a woman ?

Family destination smile.png really ???

Mommy mommy... Why is that policeman drinking beer in uniform? Is that a gun he's carrying?

Mommy mommy... Why are all of these girls saying Hunsum man to Daddy?

Mother: They must be blind.

• Like 1