Extension of retirement visa

A friend of mine is holed up in hospital with his yearly retirement visa about to run out (26th Oct) He plans to fly back home in 2 or 3:weeks anyway so only needs a month.

What are the extension possibilities? Can he extend 30 days 'easily'?

Is it easy to get an extension based on him in hospital?

He can get an extension for medical treatment up to 90 days at a time. It will require a letter from the doctor stating he cannot travel. Some immigration offices have there own forms that they want to be signed by the doctor.

Many large hospitals that treat foreigners have staff that handle the extensions.

Like I thought, not so easy. The hospital does not treat many foreigners. Its hard enough getting anyone that can speak English. I doubt they have a visa person.

So how to check the extension requirements of nakhon pathoms office without the 60km round trip?

Even just 7 days might be enough.

I don't want/need rigmarole. :-)

Either a phone call for a trip there to get the info.

Perhaps just by trying to get the letter from the hospital/doctor and consent from him for you do the extension for him.

Download a TM7 form (http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf) and have him complete it and sign it.

From clause 2.25 of immigration order 327/2557.

" (1) Must have been confirmed and requested by a physician of the hospital or state medical institution providing said treatment with full explanation about the illness, period of treatment, and the physician's opinion that the illness is an impediment to travel."

Clause 2.25 of 138/2557 Documents required for extensions.

"3. Letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by a physician of the hospital or government medical institute providing said treatment"

• Like 1