Phuket: Surin Beach Update (Video)

webfact

I used to like having a ride down to Surin, nice bit of food on the beach, have a dip, everyone was happy it always seemed lots of people enjoying the same sort of thing too... some nice bars and seated areas to shoot the breeze etc had something for everyone.

Looking at that VT it looks like a right dump now, but hey all the 'Public land has been returned' NOT and all the crappy bean bags, thats better is it?

Jet ski's lol... thats funny really, if anything should have been done then that is the first thing that should have went. Hope all you who think this has improved Phuket (and is legal of course) are happy now.. me, well it looks like a $hit hole (OMO) then again I went to Bondi once, what a let down that was...?

• Like 2

I used to like having a ride down to Surin, nice bit of food on the beach, have a dip, everyone was happy it always seemed lots of people enjoying the same sort of thing too... some nice bars and seated areas to shoot the breeze etc had something for everyone.

Looking at that VT it looks like a right dump now, but hey all the 'Public land has been returned' NOT and all the crappy bean bags, thats better is it?

Jet ski's lol... thats funny really, if anything should have been done then that is the first thing that should have went. Hope all you who think this has improved Phuket (and is legal of course) are happy now.. me, well it looks like a $hit hole (OMO) then again I went to Bondi once, what a let down that was...?

sounds like your the kind of person that want instant change for you not the Thai people. It's not about you or me or anything this is the Kings land that was being used without proper permits. I'm sure if everyone is patient the job will get done.

I for whatever it's worth this will be the best thing to happen I over 15 years. IMHO

sounds like your the kind of person that want instant change for you not the Thai people. It's not about you or me or anything this is the Kings land that was being used without proper permits. I'm sure if everyone is patient the job will get done.

I for whatever it's worth this will be the best thing to happen I over 15 years. IMHO

On the contrary pal, and if you believe its got anything to do with the Thai people then you are smoking a few too many DooBies! The place was nice that was a fact, it is now a dump, should have legalised the establishments and controlled them correctly but then this is Thailand and hell will freeze over before a fair system is put in place for the 'Thai people' but you believe your dream of utopia, as I said IMO it is not progress, I don't want no beach chairs, a place to eat and sit and relax, I come to enjoy myself and have drinks on hand... Most pro rip down the illegal set ups on here, probably have not been down the beaches in years they just enjoy moaning about it... surin is now a dump all the same - FACT

• Like 1

On the contrary pal, and if you believe its got anything to do with the Thai people then you are smoking a few too many DooBies! The place was nice that was a fact, it is now a dump, should have legalised the establishments and controlled them correctly but then this is Thailand and hell will freeze over before a fair system is put in place for the 'Thai people' but you believe your dream of utopia, as I said IMO it is not progress, I don't want no beach chairs, a place to eat and sit and relax, I come to enjoy myself and have drinks on hand... Most pro rip down the illegal set ups on here, probably have not been down the beaches in years they just enjoy moaning about it... surin is now a dump all the same - FACT

Doobies man / just a few this morning man.

Regardless of your rant. The beaches are for all Thais not the handful that have decided they own them and ou they can work on them.

Doobies man / just a few this morning man.

Regardless of your rant. The beaches are for all Thais not the handful that have decided they own them and ou they can work on them.

Not a rant Bro, I just expressed my feelings in my 1st post on this thread, I used to enjoy a ride over to Surin and spend a few hours there it was pleasant, won't be bothering now as is a dump. As to the legalities, well obviously every one here in LOS is squeaky clean and have never done a dastardly deed ehh? I aint condoning illegal land grabbing, just think they should have made them legal, compensated any obvious losers who had legal claims. As for the Thai people? Well they mostly want to make money, I have never met a Thai yet who don't want to make money. Only difference with the people who have legal land is the money they used to buy it with was probably from illegal gains... Uhh, what a vicious circle life in LOS can be... And while we are at it I wonder how many on here own illegal homes?? dodgy Thai Co's fronting property ownership and they feel they have the right to bash the Thais beach traders for illegal doings... all a matter of values, or maybe Those who throw stones...

Anyway, peace out Peeps