Thai Police: Flaws in Koh Tao murder case now fixed

webfact

I was going through the news after being away for a few days and after following a story ended up

watching Sondhi Limthongkul the Thai media mogul and elected leader of the new politics party

confirming what most people on here think that the two Myanmar boys are scapegoats and the

real perpetrators are known to most people on the island of koh tao.

before last night I didn't have a clue who he was but although in the video he spoke thai there

was a transcript of his main accusations in English.

I searched other news outlets and not one word of this anywhere I looked, the site I accessed

is open but I think not mentionable on here?

I would think this would be a big story so why not one word in the media/press/tv .

I tried to start a new topic in the general forum but got this topic locked by the mods

and told to post in the news section in any koh tao topic's

as I can't start a new topic in the news section this effectively means a lot less members

will see and be aware of the contents of my post.

what was my closing question again?

I thought Sondhi was put in jail for twenty years for fraud.

We want the truth!

Until then BOYCOT KOH TAO!!

I think we should all take this boycott idea seriously.

At first thought, it may not sound like much, but boycotting Koh Tao through a big social media campaign may be the only reasonable thing we can do to keep this issue alive and help put pressure on those who benefiting from this sham.

We all know that this issue is wider than Koh Tao, but if we raised a social media awareness campaign through travel sites and blogs and facebook and twitter and ??? we could get tourists to boycott Thailand in general and the island in particular and it would hit these pathetic clowns in their pockets where it would hurt most. I'm not talking about a few weeks, I'm talking about an extended period of time...

Imagine if the number of tourists to Koh Tao was hit by even 50% through the entire high season....

Empty hotels, empty restaurants, empty bars, empty shops, no farangs around for the police to "tax"...

Everyone on here keeps saying that the only thing they care about is that the tourist dollars keep flowing... Well, let's STOP THE DOLLARS.

Prior to these terrible murders, Koh Tao was one of the places I was considering for a holiday in November. Ironically, because I was looking for someplace less messed up than Phuket...

I am officially declaring my boycott of Koh Tao. I will not spend my money to support these corrupt thugs.

My boycott will remain in effect until and unless:

1) The two Burmese men are released and the actual murderer is brought to justice.

or

2) The evidence proving the guilt of the two Burmese men is corroborated by a reliable and independent third party.

(And in my opinion, the combination of incompetence and corruption by the RTP has already made it impossible for this to ever happen, even if they allowed an independent investigation / lab tests, which they won't do.)

• Like 1

We want the truth!

At first thought, it may not sound like much, but boycotting Koh Tao through a big social media campaign may be the only reasonable thing we can do to keep this issue alive and help put pressure on those who benefiting from this sham.

We all know that this issue is wider than Koh Tao, but if we raised a social media awareness campaign through travel sites and blogs and facebook and twitter and ??? we could get tourists to boycott Thailand in general and the island in particular and it would hit these pathetic clowns in their pockets where it would hurt most. I'm not talking about a few weeks, I'm talking about an extended period of time...

Imagine if the number of tourists to Koh Tao was hit by even 50% through the entire high season....

Empty hotels, empty restaurants, empty bars, empty shops, no farangs around for the police to "tax"...

Everyone on here keeps saying that the only thing they care about is that the tourist dollars keep flowing... Well, let's STOP THE DOLLARS.

Prior to these terrible murders, Koh Tao was one of the places I was considering for a holiday in November. Ironically, because I was looking for someplace less messed up than Phuket...

I am officially declaring my boycott of Koh Tao. I will not spend my money to support these corrupt thugs.

1) The two Burmese men are released and the actual murderer is brought to justice.

or

2) The evidence proving the guilt of the two Burmese men is corroborated by a reliable and independent third party.

(And in my opinion, the combination of incompetence and corruption by the RTP has already made it impossible for this to ever happen, even if they allowed an independent investigation / lab tests, which they won't do.)

Agree with the boycott but it must involve the cluster of islands as these families and police operate as a single organism. If one island is boycotted then the focus will simply shift to the other two. To have any effect on the structure and function of their stinking system it is essential to involve all three islands They are one of the same

organism. They supply each other with slaves money arms drugs speedboats alibis . It is impossible for Koh Tao to exist like this in it's own bubble.

• Like 1

We want the truth!

or

Agree with the boycott but it must involve the cluster of islands as these families and police operate as a single organism. If one island is boycotted then the focus will simply shift to the other two. To have any effect on the structure and function of their stinking system it is essential to involve all three islands They are one of the same

organism. They supply each other with slaves money arms drugs speedboats alibis . It is impossible for Koh Tao to exist like this in it's own bubble.

Agree totally...

How could we create a campaign to encourage a boycott on a large scale?

• Like 1

We want the truth!

or

Agree totally...

How could we create a campaign to encourage a boycott on a large scale?

This mate is the million dollar question.

Other than hacking into the TAT run 'amazing thailand' website...suspect you witnessed the CSI LA countdown to virally attacking a selection of bars and guest houses on Koh Tao via trip advisor ?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/10/17/prayuth-mila?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BKK%20Newsletter

Criminal dictator of Thailand!

Regardless of your own political issues, thank you Italy for your recognition of this farce of a self-imposed government in Thailand.

And this is why Thailand has no interest in teaching the citizens to speak English. They could not control all the information and put their insane alternate universe spin on everything.

• Like 2

Anybody able to make sense of the new "person of interest" on CSI LA? I assume they are saying his ring could have made the wounds to David (and Sean)?

Correct. The young lady that also came forward on CSI regarding his attempted rape of her two years ago also illustrating the stitches that were originally used to repair the deep cuts on her thighs, allegedly from his ring.

He also left the island after the murders and returned once the Burmese were arrested. AD had a picture of him on his blog whereby he was posing rather menacingly with a hoe, although this is of course not a crime.

He is part of the mon and big ears posey.

Anybody able to make sense of the new "person of interest" on CSI LA? I assume they are saying his ring could have made the wounds to David (and Sean)?

Correct. The young lady that also came forward on CSI regarding his attempted rape of her two years ago also illustrating the stitches that were originally used to repair the deep cuts on her thighs, allegedly from his ring.

He also left the island after the murders and returned once the Burmese were arrested. AD had a picture of him on his blog whereby he was posing rather menacingly with a hoe, although this is of course not a crime.

The THIRD MAN? Remember the Chief Pathologist (white lab coat) with high ranker police on Thai TV saying DNA material of third male found on poor Hannah`s body. See Dogmatrix #276 p12 link below.

A 45 CALIBER PISTOL and HAND GRENADE found in accused`s house during police search. Gun registered to....... Who do you get a grenade from on Koh Tao?. See Dogmatrix #291 p12, link below.

Planted with phone maybe.

Police translator/interrogator said in interview, poor David KILLED with WINE BOTTLE not hoe.

http://thaivisa.com/forum/topic/766048

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 1

There is still the question of the third DNA trace found on the female victim's torso. This was confirmed during an interview with police representatives on Channel 3 news - is this not pertinent to the case??

JDinasia this is directed at you: please give a one sentence answer to my question above.

Hopefully your reply will make it clear to everyone how single-minded and delusional you really are. Avoidance is your specialty it seems.

Your devils advocate act is getting really boring; if you believe what you write you should seek some help. If you have some police buddies and think you are in some bizarre way helping, or believe you make a difference here, then you are just as dumb as you accuse others of being.

To all other posters, use ignore - half the posts here are from this person and they are all the same.

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 2

A little off topic I know, but I just got to think about it.

Whatever happened to the size 40 footprint, that in the beginning of the "investigation" was considered an important clue?

None of the almost "petite" suspects seem to macth a 40 shoesize!whistling.gif

Size 40 is quite small for a man. Something like Size 6 UK.

???

I wear a size 43 wich is a 10 1/2 USA size.... rethink your size 40 blunder!

Let's make some noise people.

BOYCOTT THAILANDS ISLANDS....

At least the rotten stinking Samui archipelago

Why not then just BOYCOTT LOSt completely inc all products, fruit fish etc?

Difficult for those resident in TH or with family, kids in school, jobs, houses and any assets Maybe invested all in TH, now OAPs, too old to start again, capital invested/lost in TH, no well funded plan B.

Seizure of British/western assets by the back door: Every time someone is denied an extension of stay, work permit etc or has serious problem with Thai partner Thais possess/steal the assets.

What realistic recourse would you have right now, military regime etc? HMG and other govts have to consider the safety and interests of their citizens in TH. Hence no gun-boat diplomacy. All expats are hostages in a way. This regime is all powerful, unpredictable and accountable to no one.

"Beware of tyrants, fools and desperate men."

Edited by heyexile

The person who did the English translation of this article is doing a disservice to the readers. The case was turned away because it was "incomplete". The Thai word for "complete" can also be translated as "perfect". In this case the word should be translated as the case is now "complete". Doesn't that sound much more logical?

No.

Because, before the case was ever presented to the prosecutors (the First Time) Pol.Maj.Gen. Paween Pongsirin, deputy commander of Region 8 Police, and the Dictator, said it was a "perfect" case.

That's when the file was 850 pages.

When the prosecutors sent it back, saying it lacked enough information, the revised file that came back was 300 pages.

Figure that one out... blink.png

But as a previous poster said, now "Perfecter"... wai2.gif wai.gif

Edited by iReason
  • Like 1

Number 3, on 17 Oct 2014 - 12:55, said:Number 3, on 17 Oct 2014 - 12:55, said:
phuketandsee, on 17 Oct 2014 - 12:49, said:phuketandsee, on 17 Oct 2014 - 12:49, said:

Do you mean the man in these photos? If so, I don’t think it’s the same person. The person shown on CSILA has a distinctive birthmark across his forehead.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/401913/Holiday-Brit-murders-mocked-Thai-social-media-police-investigation

I know the Daily Star is a tabloid rag, but honestly, the article shows the mentality of the people on Koh Tao. Sick b*****ds!

Edited by IslandLover

UK police have been cleared to travel to Thailand to investigate the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller after the country's military ruler dropped his objections.

Miss Witheridge, 23, from Great Yarmouth, and 24-year-old Mr Miller, from Jersey, were brutally murdered on the holiday island of Koh Tao in September. Two men have been charged with their murders.

UK police to travel to Thailand to probe tourist murders

UK police have been cleared to travel to Thailand to investigate the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller after the country's military ruler dropped his objections.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-10-17/uk-police-to-travel-to-thailand-to-probe-tourist-murders/

Police to examine DNA and duress claims in Thai case

British detectives travelling to investigate the backpacker murders in Thailand are expected to focus on independent checks of DNA samples central to the case against two Burmese men accused of the crime and their claims to have been mistreated.

Diplomatic sources said Thailand's military ruler accepted the sending of a delegation to investigate the killing of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller when pressed on the issue by David Cameron during their summit meeting.

Obviously it is for the Thai authorities to lead and carry out that judicial process. But it is important that it is fair and transparent and that both of the families can be reassured that it is the murderers that have been brought to justice.

There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification. And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects. What the PM secured this morning was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Kho Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this.

– DIPLOMATIC SOURCE

Police to examine DNA and duress claims in Thai case

British detectives travelling to investigate the backpacker murders in Thailand are expected to focus on independent checks of DNA samples central to the case against two Burmese men accused of the crime and their claims to have been mistreated.

Diplomatic sources said Thailand's military ruler accepted the sending of a delegation to investigate the killing of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller when pressed on the issue by David Cameron during their summit meeting.

Obviously it is for the Thai authorities to lead and carry out that judicial process. But it is important that it is fair and transparent and that both of the families can be reassured that it is the murderers that have been brought to justice.

There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification. And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects. What the PM secured this morning was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Kho Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this.

– DIPLOMATIC SOURCE

i would like to see the face of that police head right now..Somyot or whatever is the name

"Foreign countries are not permitted to have investigators look into crimes that occur in Thailand, as that would be considered a violation of the country's sovereignty, Police chief Pol General Somyot Pumpunmuang said yesterday. "

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 2

the trash man, on 17 Oct 2014 - 22:36, said:

I want everybody to take a look at my profile picture...... This face is the last thing a innocent unarmed girl saw before she had he face hacked by this man.... I want you all to share this picture..... This is the face of the devil..... This is the man used a garden hoe on a girl half his size....

Troll Alert!!!