Weather Samui End August/september

Apologies if this has already been asked, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

What is the weather usually like at the end of August/beginning of September. I've been to Thailand many times but usually during the peak seasons Jan/Feb. Last time I was in Samui it was during Feb so just wondered what its usually like in Aug/Sept - I've seen that the rainfall is alot heavier at this time of year - does it normally persist down all day long or is it a quick deluge followed by some sun?

• 1 month later...

Hi you lucky island dwellers!

I live in BKK and venture down to your neck-of-the-woods whenever work permits (not often enough!). I have a friend in the UK who is planning to honeymoon in Samui/Koh Phangan sometime next year. She doesn't have any dates set in stone yet and has asked me what would be the best time of year to come.

I know the weather is pretty unpredictable but, if you had to hedge your bets, when would you suggest would be best?

Cheers! x :o

Just make sure to come well after New Year, otherwise it is too crowded. But yes, generally, the weather is quite fine in Jan and Feb (I'd go for Feb myself as then you are sure to be out of the rainy season). But it is warm in the day, cooler at night and as John says, not so humid.

comes this song to mind..."if it's rainin' it's rainin'...

But really unless it rains or it's night, weather is usually pretty good anywhere!

August/Sept. should be safe.

the rest has been said already...to Satellite Pic:

Forget the forecast's, they are most of the time looking in a crystalball (it seems)..

Edited by Samuian