Udon Thani...advice for single bloke

jacksam

Spot on Kinmaew. Just took the Thai gf there for a month. Out for meals, drinks, took her up to gold coast. ..etc etc. Cost megga bucks, compared to our lives here.

Don't even want to talk about council rates, gas and electric. I had a caradic arrest.

Having said that au bloody nice place.

Get your ass back here, life too short.

A good night could start at a beer bar to warm up and eat... then head to mr. Thongs/model 59 (not sure if still there as the owner was murdered)..or maybe tawan daeng/yellow bird etc... then finish in the wee hours of the morning at a karaoke bar... such as sisters or the one next to it. Then stumble home at 0800.

I quite like the Tawandaeng pubs, both in Udon and its sister locations in BKK. The Udon location is one block up the side street alongside the mall.

But for the uninitiated, IMHO, they're not really places a single farang guy is best to go by himself. They're Thai pubs with live music and table dancing, and beer and food. Thais go there in groups. So for farangs, I'd suggest to go there with some mates, or, find a Thai girl ahead of time and go together as a couple. A very fun night to be had.

I'm an old guy and have often gone to the Tawan Daeng in Kalasin, by myself, always had a good time and enjoyed the music, and always felt if I was inclined I would be welcome to join in with the Thais. For a young guy if you spoke Thai, I think it would be a great place to meet girls, there are always lots there, with no guys around. Go around midnight.

Thai cathouses, in Udon. You would have to look hard, or go with somebody you know. Lao girls abound in them. Walk past the front of Central Mall and turn right on Adulyadet. Go way, way down...I think almost a kilometer, and turn right on a very small street (Soi 2..I think) and you will see several houses with christmas lights twinkling. There should be a Thai man out front. Wave at him and he will let you in. Nobody will believe me, but I just drank a beer and left. Not my thing, and the girls looked young.

Thank you everyone. Have found this particular forum so helpfull ....not sure how to close this . but anyway thank you. Some members gave so much good advice and not ONE of calling me a sexpat. BTW what's wrong with having few beers with xpats and maybe buying a girl a drink and maybe more. I never advise people how to live their lives. Wish it was a 2 way street.

While I'm on a roll .....if I see one more post referring to girls in bars as basically scum bags. Give me a ring and we can sort out you issues.

• Like 1

Udon has something for everyone , whatever your taste ,

just avoid the the know all and boring foreigners living there ,

indeed not a easy task . coffee1.gif

soi 2 and soi 3 , are now history , not have .

wai2.gif

At present it's very quiet in the beer bars and not cheap either. As previously mentioned you can get an equivalent priced beer in the back street's of Patters but a large one instead of a small one. Tourist attractions are few and far between so unless you just want to chill by a swimming pool or play Golf, avoid the tumbleweed bar areas and stay where you are.

• Like 1

Don't follow you Socks......I'm one of those blokes who goes to a bar...has a yack with owner or other farang. Sometimes give a girl drink or two....maybe some 8 ball.

Stay in cheap hotel that's clean. Find some nice street food.....I only eat Asian and that was before I lived in Thailand.

What do you mean by bar "ain't cheap either...." You had a bottle of beer in farang world of later or bacon eggs on toast in cafe? ....take your efpos.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Have found this particular forum so helpfull ....not sure how to close this . but anyway thank you. Some members gave so much good advice and not ONE of calling me a sexpat. BTW what's wrong with having few beers with xpats and maybe buying a girl a drink and maybe more. I never advise people how to live their lives. Wish it was a 2 way street.

While I'm on a roll .....if I see one more post referring to girls in bars as basically scum bags. Give me a ring and we can sort out you issues.

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.

Nice one.

Hey David, yes we went to AU. She loved it. Who wouldn't. Took her to historic country towns in Vic. Took her to final football , about 100k plus people. Went up to gold coast for few days (loved that the most)

Going back DEC 30 ,for new year fireworks in melb CBD and stay for 4 weeks. Will apply for next visa soon and put effort into detail again and hopefully no problems.

Good luck with your wife's app to AU. LONG process but things come to those that wait. We are off to koh samed soonish for loy kartong.

• Like 1