What exercise did you do today?

eeeya

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 64 and I usually run about one mile every day. I also made a weight set out of cinder blocks, bamboo poles, and bricks, ropes and pulleys. I use an old bench I salvaged from the dumper for my presses and the like. I do about forty reps each on ten different lifts every day. It's primitive but it works. When we can afford it, I want to get a multi-station weight machine I have my eye on at one of the local super centers.

• Like 1

At 65 I still bicycle a lot--in fact, more than ever. Today I biked 56 kms, but last week was a record of sorts. Over 6 days I biked 405 kms, all on flat ground. I'm not into proving myself on Doi Suthep or anything. I just enjoy getting out in the countryside, and seeing what's happening.

Here are a few memes:

post-55993-0-97470900-1413816725_thumb.j

post-55993-0-26315600-1413816645_thumb.j

post-55993-0-56775000-1413817180_thumb.j

Edited by MrBrad

Ran 45 minutes / 30 minutes weights... in the aircon at the gym

9 hours a day, 7 days a week jumping to conclusions, dodging, skipping, evading Honeydo's, chasing a hyper 4 y.o. girl that thinks she.s as capable as boys and monkeys, while repeating over and over, I.m retired dammit.

• Like 1

I'm 64 and I usually run about one mile every day. I also made a weight set out of cinder blocks, bamboo poles, and bricks, ropes and pulleys. I use an old bench I salvaged from the dumper for my presses and the like. I do about forty reps each on ten different lifts every day. It's primitive but it works. When we can afford it, I want to get a multi-station weight machine I have my eye on at one of the local super centers.

I bet you will be disappointed in a machine. Youre doing it right this way. Dad always said, ''K.I.S.S. principle'' and ''if aint broke, and it works, dont fix it, dont change a thing''

Free weights will always be superior to over priced machines.

• Like 1

I bet you will be disappointed in a machine. Youre doing it right this way. Dad always said, ''K.I.S.S. principle'' and ''if aint broke, and it works, dont fix it, dont change a thing''

You know, featography.....you're probably right, and being on a fixed income not spending the cash will keep my wallet in good shape as well! Thanks for the reminder.

Age 44 - I did 60 push ups and sit ups in three sets - Find it easier and more fun this way than all at once. Stretches, few punches, lunges, dancing a bit to the music to loosen up, then 30 mins run, then about 25 mins weights while my PC loads up and check mail and start work for the day. Do this 5 days a week and loving it my problem is SERVING SIZE they are too big, need to cut down and also eat too much full cream yoghurt. Been doing this all year and want to keep this regular routine for the rest of my life really feel great. In the event of an operation a fitter stronger body will always come out better. If I drink beer, it has to be the best quality, micro brew type no way any commercial lager as it just tastes crap and makes me want to vomit.

• Like 1

Sex intercourse.

Will probably do that again later in the evening, provided that the missus does not object or that my wrist doesn't hurt. tongue.png

Yes, I see, talking about sex.

You might think that I am older than I really am. I am in my mid-forties and my wife is still very hot in her early thirties, so, nothing unusual at our ages in having sex together more than once a day.

I am age 72. Yesterday I awoke, made love to the wife, got up at 6:30, a couple of hours on the internet exercising my brain and manual dexterity then to my personal gym for a hard workout on the weights and machines for an hour followed by fifteen minutes of floor exercises. During the day I did a few kms on the bicycle to do some errands. This is a normal three to five times a week routine. Except for the making love to the wife. At age 72nd 52 we are both happy with 2-4 times a month.

I have always been a gym rat and exercise nut and want to stay in good health and good shape until I fall over dead of a heart attack. Don't smoke, average a few beers a week and watch what and how much I eat. 5'10" (178cm), 188 lbs (86 kgs), about 10 lbs over my ideal weight. The wife is going back to the farm for 2-3 weeks and I will lose a couple of kgs and drink a few more beers while she is gone.

You know, featography.....you're probably right, and being on a fixed income not spending the cash will keep my wallet in good shape as well! Thanks for the reminder.

If you ever get something get a power rack and a multibench (that is if you can spend around 30-40k and have room for it. Those multi gyms (i owned one) are crap. I got my own home gym, with all the things I need took me a while but I am happy with it. But now they have gyms here.. they did not before.

For some going to a gym is good for others doing the exercise at home is.

Every evening, 20-30 after dinner, I do a brisk power walking for one hour. 30 min that way, 30 min back.

I walk at a speed of 6.5 - 7.0km/h.

Sometimes, just as a challenge, I hold in each hand one bottle of 1.5 litres of water.

When walking I try to swing my trunk side to side as dynamic as possible and I visualize my abdominal muscles working.

I end my evening with a half water melon, 20-30 min after finishing my walking.

Wait till Rob gets to 75, and see if hes just as cherpy then. My Rowing Machine is more of a Towel Rack these days.Im still 6.2 and 200 lbs. same as when i was 20, but its just no fun anymore.thumbsup.gif

Sure but there are good examples of people who are 75 and in great shape they are rare but they are available. A friend of mind really opened my eyes the weights he did made me cry and he is quite a bit older as me. Before I thought 30 was the end of the line for weight lifting and such. It is not, as long as you do it safely and watch out for injuries.

Plus currently you got HRT and that is real promising.

But in the end of course I can't beat aging but i can gracefully age. The guy below is 80

80-year-old-bodybuilder.jpg

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

Feeling motivated today, I have just returned from a 72 km mountain bike ride.

Whoa, that's a long one!

I did another 40Km today, but my knees are wobbly if I go any further, hoping I can build them up a bit.

Somehow I have gotten this ridiculous notion that I would like to try for a 100 km ride this winter. I don’t think I could make it in the heat. A silly goal and completely arbitrary but it serves as a motivator.

It was overcast again and I was feeling okay at 50 km today so I stitched together two routes not knowing exactly how far it would be. It ended up 72.44 km which is my longest ride to date. I am feeling very mellow right now. This is how I used to feel after playing squash for a couple of hours, many years ago. I guess it is the endorphins.
  • Like 1

There is a guy in Bangkok, nearly seventy,entertains at least 3-4 girl friends per week. I believe a statue is being erected in Soi Seven in appreciation of his custom over the last 30 years.

He walked to Chiang Mai from Bangkok, cycles about 400-500 km every year in a single journey. e.g BKK-PhnomPen-BKK, Everest Base Camp by bike, not sure starting point,but never sits astride a bike in the rest of the year.

Did a 24 hour organised walk a few years ago and told me he removed the sole of a foot like a flapping flip flop at the end.

Edited by mandee