Thailand agrees to British police help over murders

Lite Beer

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear some cops will get heavy sick very soon and not available for questioning,

On main paint i would put also forensic investigation on the weapon's used !

Where they are ? sure not only a hoe were used,

Where is this special single sided condom ?

And homework for the british cops : Where is Sean Mcanna ?

Start to clean up first in own house before you start your

vacation trip on Koh Tao;

Take your own translater, or better use the Village Head man as Guide !!

The only question is : did the British perform such a sampling or did the body of this poor girl go untouched after entering British soil ? I don't recall reading anywhere, clearly, that British authorities had made such a move after recovering the body.

Of course they did. They are complete pro's, just like American cops, German cops, etc. Just because they didn't inform you or anyone else in the media - they always do their job.

Knock the Brits, the Americans, the Aussies, etc. all you want. But one thing for sure, they all have well-trained professional cops.

When was her body repatriated to the UK? Was there enough time for her corpse to be 'cleaned' and then inseminated with the Burmese guys's DNA? Just saying ...

Not sure about the insemination bit of course, but I did hear that the bodies were "cleaned" in Thailand prior to repatriation.early on the public was advised that the bodies were immediately taken to a local temple but later we were advised that they had been frozen somewhere before arriving at the police forensic department. Freezing distorted the ability to determine the time of death. In short - who knows until the REAL cops get here.

• Like 1

OH YEAA

This is what we wanted all along, objective reached.

BIG thanks to everyone who made a fuss and helped get the word out.

For once its one up to the good guys. clap2.gif

It's not over till the fat lady sings!

Well, the mother in law was singing this morning!

the UK police are to arrive within weeks...may all be too late by then!

If I know Britain.. & I do..

It won't be 'weeks' wherever you've got that idea from, they'll be in thailand within the next few days.

The UK foreign office stated 'UK police stand ready' & the FCO does not piss about.

But they need the approval from Thailand to enter the country and I would say some sort of MOU...facepalm.gif

If this report is true, it appears there may be some divisions forming between the police and the military government as both the Nation and BP report that Somyot will "bar" investigators (in one report) and that allowing foreign investigators to become involved is "tantamount to a breach of Thailand's sovereignty" (in the other report). Pretty strong words. Wondering if Prayut and Co. have decided to break ranks with the RTP to avoid committing political suicide domestically and save what's left of Thailand's reputation internationally?

Edited by docshock13

I fear some cops will get heavy sick very soon and not available for questioning,

On main paint i would put also forensic investigation on the weapon's used !

Where they are ? sure not only a hoe were used,

Where is this special single sided condom ?

And homework for the british cops : Where is Sean Mcanna ?

Start to clean up first in own house before you start your

vacation trip on Koh Tao;

Take your own translater, or better use the Village Head man as Guide !!

What a stupid post. The cops don't need to do homework, they have been watching him all along - listening to his conversations, reading his email.... They are not going on vacation, they are coming to work. Some of the detectives will be fluent. Next?

• Like 2

Good at sniffing out porkie pies is the plod.

Indeed they are. And very good, usually, at digging out all the detail and evidence. It's the detail that often catches the criminals.

The British police won't normally allow the media or social media to influence them. They won't come with pre-decided opinions of guilt and innocence based on the wild speculations on social media sites, hearsay, and contradictory press reports allegedly based on "police sources".

I would imagine the chubby footballer with the shark tooth ring, photographed close to Hannah in a group photo on the night might be a witness they'd like to question. Along with some people on the island or those who have since moved to other parts of Thailand. The independent DNA tests will provide an answer on the 2 current suspects. Hopefully they have their own DNA samples from the victim, can confirm if there was a third sample as a Thai forensics person said on TV, and can take samples from the suspects themselves.

I'm sure the team sent will be selected very carefully.

You should look at a few details too.

The Thai forensic person said there was DNA from 2 people not 3. Sorry to repeat myself but I think a false piece of information like that can dramatically influence a persons view.

Maybe you should practice what you preach!

On a TV interview a Thai forensic's person, sitting with a policeman, said that 3 DNA samples where detected on the victim's nipple. 2 matched the suspects. The third was not identified but did not match David's. This does not seem to have been pursued by the RTP. This was also posted on ThaiVisa.

You can repeat yourself as much as you want - still be wrong though.

I have watched that interview 3 times. I speak good Thai but on the 3rd occasion I got 2 Thais to clarify. The Thai man in white coat says there were 3 types of DNA at the wider area of the crime scene. 2 types were found on the cigarette butt and 2 types on Hannah one type was duplicated on the cigarette butt and Hannah thus there was one type on her upper body and two types on her lower body. one of these was also duplicated hence 2 types of DNA on Hannah' body.The presenter also clarifies this with the policeman at the end of the interview.

Go and check. Perhaps you should get someone with an understanding of the Thai language to watch with you.

So much for Local Drunk and his entire day of trying to convince everyone that the petition was useless and wouldn't make any difference here..... Lol

I suspect large servings of 'humble pie' for breakfast now that Koh Tao will soon have 'The Plod' sniffing around.

I would call that a massive difference.

I bet certain bums are going to be squeaking on that island when they read this.

I suspect certain people will be on the first boat off and onto the first plane to Cambodia.

The British police will quickly eliminate the two young lads, and then make a list of suspects. They will surely be picking up Mr McCanna to find out what he knows.

This is going to be like peeling a banana.

Yes 'Local Drunk', you can just go sit back on your barstool & shut your big mouth over this matter

Quote: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Foreign-investigators-barred-from-Thailand-police--30245741.html

"The British law stipulates that an e-petition with at least 100,000 signatures can be brought to and debated in the House of Commons."

Unquote:

The British law stipulates that a House of Commons debate can occur IF the petition was properly structured on the UK Government http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk website.

My Prediction: The DNA results will match. Some will then claim the results were somehow rigged by the Thai police. The two will be convicted anyway. And so it goes..

And my prediction: The DNA results will match. The Police rigged them. The British Police will independently verify everything. The RTP will then be caught out for being the thieving, corrupt, disgusting, nasty, lying, scum they really are (yes I'm generalizing). They will also ask for the "mafia" families to supply DNA for testing. That will be refused. The suspects will "commit suicide" or simply be convicted anyway regardless of what the British Police do or say. Everyone forgets and life goes back to how it was. Welcome to Thailand - the Land of (fake) Smiles.

You can't compare this to the Blue Diamond issue. It's night and day. The only people here that will suffer in reality are a few cops and the killers (hopefully)

If you know about the blue diamond case, well...... you'll know who is allegedly involved, that's why people were bumped off.

Not so sure. Remember the KT influential persons connections go high, at least to the venerable Suthep, allegedly.

Also suggestions Head Man`s grandmother is bff with the Leader`s mum, allegedly

As to higher, that would be the succession question and unthinkable.

And junta Leader and his own appointed top cop already signed off on perfect investigation.

Absolute power, anything possible

OH YEAA

This is what we wanted all along, objective reached.

BIG thanks to everyone who made a fuss and helped get the word out.

For once its one up to the good guys. clap2.gif

It's not over till the fat lady sings!

It feels like a first step to me. Important, perhaps the most important, but only a step in a journey.

That journey is not to find the Myanmar guys innocent, it's to reconstruct a botched investigation and follow every lead, wherever it might go, and resolve the issue of who did the crimes.

The obstacles are clear. Evidence missing or tampered with, Thai police doing everything they can to confuse and mislead! real witnesses missing! fake witnesses bought. But I assume it will be a high quality team sent by the UK, so I expect they will still do a half decent job.

I can think of only one reason why the Thais agreed. the British PM told the Thai PM that they hold some evidence that is in some way conclusive.

After 15 pages of prejudice, maybes and ifs, you posted the first likeable post, so kudos for underlining my point wai.gif

#86 wackybacy.

I agree there's so much room for a diplomatic incident over this and it's a big test for the PM so will international diplomacy trump Thainess, loss of face. etc.

He's already praised the BIB and indicated he will reward the investigators so if he needs to do a 180 degrees he's going to have to throw a lot of people including at very senior level to the wolves to save his own reputation.

I'd hate to guess how he will handle that other than make sure it doesn't reach that situation.

The PM praised the BIB / RTP based on advice and information he received from Somyut, the man in charge of the police. General Prayuth was not personally involved in this investigation and it's not his job to be involved, that's why he has people in charge of different government departments. They are ultimately responsible for the performance, actions, competence and professionalism of their respective departments.

I do agree the buck does stop with him to a certain degree, but if he has been mistakenly advised, I can see that person being removed from their position. Like a few other posters have stated, General Prayuth really can't loose on this issue, so long as he plays his cards right...

So much for Local Drunk and his entire day of trying to convince everyone that the petition was useless and wouldn't make any difference here..... Lol

I suspect large servings of 'humble pie' for breakfast now that Koh Tao will soon have 'The Plod' sniffing around.

I bet certain bums are going to be squeaking on that island when they read this.

I suspect certain people will be on the first boat off and onto the first plane to Cambodia.

The British police will quickly eliminate the two young lads, and then make a list of suspects. They will surely be picking up Mr McCanna to find out what he knows.

Yes 'Local Drunk', you can just go sit back on your barstool & shut your big mouth over this matter

Quote: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Foreign-investigators-barred-from-Thailand-police--30245741.html

"The British law stipulates that an e-petition with at least 100,000 signatures can be brought to and debated in the House of Commons."

Unquote:

The British law stipulates that a House of Commons debate can occur IF the petition was properly structured on the UK Government http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk website.

I wondered how long it would be until you popped in with your fascinating points of law that we are all so thrilled to read about. I guess your latest contribution will make all the difference in this yea? Things have moved on mate the British police are coming, whether it is or is not discussed in the House of Commons is now irrelevant

• Like 1

I don't think the thai police have the brains to play this game with the British. They will shoot themselves in the foot with every answer they give, every excuse/piece of evidence they produce & they won't even know they've done it until the British inquest is complete.

I hope the THAI authorities have access to cable television. Then they can watch CSI and actually LEARN that in other nations we do things with PROPER evidence and science and not a thump in the head and a gun in the face.

The boom gates of their incompetence are about to be revealed.

CSI ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And don't forget the work of the illegal, no official documentation, no visa, no work permit banana pancake man. I believe he ran the re enactment. Fancy the police allowing an illegal alien to run the show. Something not right about that. Especially being allowed to make pancakes. That's a job reserved for Thais only.

If this report is true, it appears there may be some divisions forming between the police and the military government as both the Nation and BP report that Somyot will "bar" investigators (in one report) and that allowing foreign investigators to become involved is "tantamount to a breach of Thailand's sovereignty" (in the other report). Pretty strong words. Wondering if Prayut and Co. have decided to break ranks with the RTP to avoid committing political suicide domestically and save what's left of Thailand's reputation internationally?

Yes, it is very interesting.

I guess the General will sit down with Khun Somyot once he gets back and explain why the change of heart, whether it will be a "sorry, I caved in but they have a piece of evidence that proves your investigation result wrong" , or a " what the heck are you doing you moron, the Brits have evidence that the botched things....you're fired", I would be intrigued to know.

The General is going to need the police to help him run the country, whether he needs Somyot I have no idea.

Unquote:

I wondered how long it would be until you popped in with your fascinating points of law that we are all so thrilled to read about. I guess your latest contribution will make all the difference in this yea? Things have moved on mate the British police are coming, whether it is or is not discussed in the House of Commons is now irrelevant

Well I didn't feel like creating a Nation login address to tell them they were misquoting British law and was just waiting until someone quoted the inaccurate Nation article before I popped in. But thanks for your concern.

I'm really amazed at the reception of this news item - what the hell people - first REAL advancement to the story, and sign that the (social) media and requests/demandmends for transparency have been heard high up, and most of the comments go to Thai bashing and further conspiracy theories of how the case will evolve?

What the hell people... When WILL you be satisfied of the inquiry?

Are you looking for a specific outcome perhaps? Even if the investigators are ONLY allowed access to the evidence at hand, as it's still the only "concrete evidence" holding the case up(, and of which the sentencing will be based on), the processing of such evidence by a third party(the investigators) most certainly will moot a batch of issues already risen.

Sometimes I just don't get what people are after, but I'd like to know what the bashers are expecting of this... rolleyes.gif

What are you ranting about, ,one thing is clear, the UK police are professionals, they only need to prove one out of the numerous flaws in this case , for example the doctored cctv footage, the suspects were tortured, to mention a few.

Then we will see the outcome, that 99 % of us are waiting for !

• Like 2

I'm sorry if this comes across in anyway insensitive, but I cannot understand how the police force of a foreign country can be involved in ANY way in an investigation in Thailand. This is not a third world country. If this horrible event had happened in say AU, I cannot imagine the Australian govt saying to UK government "your welcome to give us a hand...."

Wrong, wrong & wrong again.

Do some research on international law then realise that no country in this modern world is capable of complete independent authority.

Honestly... I feel like I'm dealing with children here.

In many cases, kindergarten kinder.

Where did the DNA samples go that proved the dna inside Hanna was from Asian men?

I am certain in went to a different lab than the Burmese samples

Nice turn of phrase - "inside", very sensitive - not.

And thank you for POINTING IT OUT!!