Thailand agrees to British police help over murders

Lite Beer

This must mean that the PM believes that the Burmese guys are guilty and they the Thai police have done a competent investigation otherwise there is no way he could he silly enough to let the UK come and do their own investigation, unless he thinks the UK are too stupid to find out the truth or that the case has been so corrupted that the UK cannot get to the truth i.e. If the original DNA from the victims has been replaced

This must mean ...

Nope

May be the PM now understands that he (and Thailand) has no future when he continues to back the Thai police

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reactions on this site get even more hilarious. Firstly British involvement wont make a blind bit of difference. And secondly the rumour mongerers, amateur sleuths and know it alls of TV can never be satisfied. Many, rather scandalously, will not be happy until they see a Thai up for the crime. Then they can say I told you so and return to looking at the workd through the bottom of their lager glasses. However, i believe that day will not come for this crime, so get used to it.

In one paragraph you have managed to put down Thailand more than those that have posted thousands of posts.

This must mean that the PM believes that the Burmese guys are guilty and they the Thai police have done a competent investigation otherwise there is no way he could he silly enough to let the UK come and do their own investigation, unless he thinks the UK are too stupid to find out the truth or that the case has been so corrupted that the UK cannot get to the truth i.e. If the original DNA from the victims has been replaced

This must mean ...

Nope

May be the PM now understands that he (and Thailand) has no future when he continues to back the Thai police

its NOT going to be pretty......

The reactions on this site get even more hilarious. Firstly British involvement wont make a blind bit of difference. And secondly the rumour mongerers, amateur sleuths and know it alls of TV can never be satisfied. Many, rather scandalously, will not be happy until they see a Thai up for the crime. Then they can say I told you so and return to looking at the workd through the bottom of their lager glasses. However, i believe that day will not come for this crime, so get used to it.

You haven't been in Thailand long have you?

Their only option now is to concede to international law or opt out of the United Nations & begin an era of isolation like North Korea.

I already hear the buzz of telephone wires between China & the PM.

Europe has cut all high level diplomacy. The US has pulled it's ambassador out with no replacement.

Read between the lines people.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

Thank you Mr. PM I knew in my heart Your a man of Honor, What you did to allow this to happen Has Shown The world Thailand is working toward the goal of an open Honest and relationship with the global community. Words alone can't say how this made me feel. No matter the results at least you opened the door. Then all this can stop. Also sends message to those that are corrupt no place to run no place to hide your days of same old same old have come to an end.

Don't count your chickens, we haven't heard his own "Thai" version of what was said yet... Wait till he lands in BKK... I'm sure it will be completely different once the Police Chief tells him his "share" will be void if he let's the British get involved.

Even though this is a good sign, showing that people and social media can make a difference, reading between the lines tells me they only want to check the DNA match and do a flimsy check on mistreatment. Firstly, 5 weeks or so should have been enough time to mess about with the samples and swap them to get a match; secondly, the rape could have happened post mortem what means the killer and the rapists are two pair of shoes. The article does not mention the shallow stab wounds on David's body, Sean with the bloody guitar and similar stab wounds is not mentioned, the fat bloke with the shark tooth ring is not mentioned, etc... I fear the case will continue to go south, because the questions that should have ben asked were not asked by the "diplomatic source" whoever that is... sad.png

I don't get it Catweazle. You pushed harder than most to get this result and now you've got it you don't think it's good. By the way I salute you for your efforts.

I agreed with a lot of your'e posts but there were many I felt were relying on so called evidence from a certain faceache page. We will now get the real evidence checked by very professional police officers. It will either be verified as real or thrown out. If the latter it will open the door to search for more real evidence.

I'm sure the British police will be working from a pathologists report made in the UK. if it conflicts with what weapon was used they will look at other weapons IE dagger blades and shark tooth rings etc.

I find it very hard to believe that the Thai pathologist's statement that a blunt instrument was used to make the skin split open in such a way on David's injuries could have been false as he knew within a matter of a few days a pathologist in UK would be checking his results.

We will know soon.

I agree with you that it seems they will only initially look at DNA and as to whether their admit ion of guilt was forced, realistically that is all that is needed at present. If either is found to be false they can go further.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if this comes across in anyway insensitive, but I cannot understand how the police force of a foreign country can be involved in ANY way in an investigation in Thailand. This is not a third world country. If this horrible event had happened in say AU, I cannot imagine the Australian govt saying to UK government "your welcome to give us a hand...."

what they will sure find (just assuming it happened) are the plenty of ways evidence has been tempered with...

It's like accounting fraud in a large organisation... it is impossible to do that without leaving tons of traces... the only "line of defence" is trying to prevent people to start digging... once experienced and determined people start digging the house of cards inevitably comes down, 100%, no chance... so, tempering will be easily detected if it happened, and that in itself could be HUGELY damaging for Thailand, again, if it happened....

IF however the FULL TRUTH can be found out after the tempering, well, that I agree, is unfortunately not quite so certain... But let's not rule that out quite yet !

Edited by TTom911

Thank you Mr. PM I knew in my heart Your a man of Honor, What you did to allow this to happen Has Shown The world Thailand is working toward the goal of an open Honest and relationship with the global community. Words alone can't say how this made me feel. No matter the results at least you opened the door. Then all this can stop. Also sends message to those that are corrupt no place to run no place to hide your days of same old same old have come to an end.

Don't count your chickens, we haven't heard his own "Thai" version of what was said yet... Wait till he lands in BKK... I'm sure it will be completely different once the Police Chief tells him his "share" will be void if he let's the British get involved.

What share?

Of the pay off money????

He has probably already lined himself up at the trough for billions.

This isn't going to risk that for his chief and a cut of this paltry few baht.

• Like 1

All nice and good.. but lets wait what happens. Remember these are people who don't speak Thai, I wonder if they take an independent translator with them.

If they are being stonewalled still nothing will happen.

Of course they will have their own translators, the British Embassy has its own team of translators, they will provide them.

If they are being stonewalled, then Thailand will learn very fast that Brits are not Thais and they don't do Thainess. If you piss them off, they are likely to get very frustrated and lay into the RTP.

Brits speak their minds, and they will surely be touched by these horrific murders, and any funny business from the RTP is not going to be met with very well.

To the poster who said, the British police will go along with the cover up to save face for Thailand...... You want your head examined.

UK police are pretty tough. no nonsense types... They are professional, but they don't take no shit. I have been on the wrong side of them in the past.... Trust me. They won't take shit from the RTP. They are on the high ground.

A British policeman has just as much authority in Thailand as I or you do. It's cute that you think they will be able to dictate the course of the investigation over here.

Clearly the RTP is not to be trusted in Koh Tao or anywhere, at the risk of sounding like an RTP apologist the RTP are not the power on the Island and are as terrified of that power as the other locals are.

The true Koh Tao power can only be taken down by political will and the Army.

I look forward to the comments or report by the British Police.

I wonder what Cameron said to Prayuth

" I wonder what Cameron said to Prayuth", "Lets get it sorted now - or else".

• Like 1

I'm sorry if this comes across in anyway insensitive, but I cannot understand how the police force of a foreign country can be involved in ANY way in an investigation in Thailand. This is not a third world country. If this horrible event had happened in say AU, I cannot imagine the Australian govt saying to UK government "your welcome to give us a hand...."

They will be here as observers, more or less. It's not unheard of, other countries have done the same to appease strained diplomatic relations

You're wrong, many countries help each other. Take the Maddie McCann case for example

True. It could be the other way round though, he could be using the UK cops to throw dirst at his own cops and then use that as an excuse to sack the cops that were involved then say he was lied to

There is only "some" justification to your assessment. Only in that the RTP wants to become an independent police force unanswerable to the Thai gov as stated a few months ago.

But i do no think this is the reason simply because the corruption is throughout the police farce and an action like this would undermine the gov ability to maintain a semi-sense of order in the Kingdom

I am not sure but have the bodies been sent back to UK or are they still in Thailand.

The UK police/authorities need to do a full post mort on the bodies and get some new DNA samples unless the Thai police have had the victims cleaned.

The also need to take there own translator.

I can see the UK police will have their hands tied, with firm instructions from the UK government to not upset the Thai Police.

I personally think this will be a waste of time, they will not have freedom to do their own thing.

Wow you are behind on the news!

Mind you..... There is still this difference of opinion between Prayuth and Somyat, because The Nation is spinning the opposite story.

Foreign investigators barred from Thailand: police chief

"No matter what laws are taken into account, be it Britain's laws or those of other countries, foreign investigators cannot take part in cases that take place in Thailand as this would violate the Kingdom's sovereignty," the police chief insisted.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Foreign-investigators-barred-from-Thailand-police--30245741.html

So Prayuth is saying Yes, and his mate is saying no..... Are they still connected on LINE or what?

Unless Prayuth has been stupidly trusting Somyat all this time and the latter obviously knowing a bit more of what is actually going on.

The King can allow this. Prayuth will not have offered this without having talked to him first. What would be more difficult is for final trial of this case occur elsewhere. That, yes, would be an encroachment to sovereignty, but not the assistance