Hong Kong expats are more beautiful

JohnnyJazz

I liked the f-stop in LKF , they had rock'n bands and good tunes on the jukebox. On saturday night it was Watering Hole on Mody,taxi to f-stop in LKF, taxi to Big Apple in Wanchai and breakfast in the China Hand.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the f-stop in LKF , they had rock'n bands and good tunes on the jukebox. On saturday night it was Watering Hole on Mody,taxi to f-stop in LKF, taxi to Big Apple in Wanchai and breakfast in the China Hand.

I did the Big Apple and China Hand runs often enough.

Usually the Big Apple was preceded with The Wanch or The Flying Pig.

I remember the Watering Hole in TST but I used to prefer the Some Place Else in the basement of the Sheraton hotel and later in the night Rick's Cafe. There was also a bar on Canton Road always crowded with foreign flight attendants unfortunately I can't remember the name, the place closed in the early 90s. The Catwalk was also a good place to meet the Cathay girls when the airport was still in Kai Tak.

Well speaking as an expat working in Thailand I am off to HK tomorrow so will report back my findings. Personally I think Bangkok is an excellent place to live and work. For sure it is not squeaky clean like for instance Singapore but then who wants a sterilised life with picture postcard pretty people surely a melting pot of various misfits and miscreants adds a certain frisson to the mix!

Maybe Detroit would be a better fit for you then?

It's not only the expats that are more beautiful in HK. I left the city last night, it was a clear night, we flew above the haven and the skyscrappers. All these lights, it was kind of magical. What an amazing city !!!

On the other hand the landing in Bangkok was rather dull.