Hong Kong expats are more beautiful

JohnnyJazz

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, the expats that you have seen must have been in the business district.

Try going to Silvermine Bay on Lantau island or Llama Island, where a lot of the long term ex-pats live and you will see a totally different picture.

Or if that doesn't open your eyes, book to stay in Chungking Mansions for a couple of nights.

It's the lap of luxury that Chungking Mansions place.

Ah the deluxe suite (seriously).

Yeah looks like they've given it a facelift. Used to be full of scum and junkies and they used to throw their trash into the inner quadrangle. It was a real rat's nest.

OP, the expats that you have seen must have been in the business district.

Try going to Silvermine Bay on Lantau island or Llama Island, where a lot of the long term ex-pats live and you will see a totally different picture.

Or if that doesn't open your eyes, book to stay in Chungking Mansions for a couple of nights.

It's the lap of luxury that Chungking Mansions place.

Ah the deluxe suite (seriously).

Yeah looks like they've given it a facelift. Used to be full of scum and junkies and they used to throw their trash into the inner quadrangle. It was a real rat's nest.

Pikey Central if I recall.

• Like 1

As a professional who has done quite a bit of business in Thailand and in HK over the years, I can't see a single reason I would want to relocate to either place. Visit yes but live, no way. Even my wife who is Thai has no desire to live in Thailand anymore after a few years in the US.

Maybe you should just cut & paste that into every post you make

You could change the record to

As a professional who has done quite a bit of business in Thailand and in HK over the years, I can't see a single reason I would want to relocate to either place. Visit yes but live, no way. Even my wife who is Thai has no desire to live in Thailand anymore after a few years in the US.

Maybe you should just cut & paste that into every post you make

Oh there you are Yeahsiam.

The last time that I saw you was when you left me at the Telephone Bar with those 2 strapping Chippendale look-alikes.

Darling, you should have hung around, they were great fun and speaking of hung, they were really great fun.

Are we still on for boyztown tonite sugarplum?

If so I have a lovely figure hugging one piece sequined number that you can borrow.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm? Because bangkok has millions of expats who are on holiday to drag the average down. HK is populated with higher level expat management because more companies have their offices there because the tax regime is better .

HK is just richer in general than bangkok.bangkok is basically a hovel in comparison.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm? Because bangkok has millions of expats who are on holiday to drag the average down. HK is populated with higher level expat management because more companies have their offices there because the tax regime is better .

HK is just richer in general than bangkok.bangkok is basically a hovel in comparison.

If you went for SEA postings the top two are Singapore and Hong Kong. Bangkok would be third really.

Hmmm Thai at heart, we have a full house today.

Well aren’t you the butch one.

Darling, if we get any more in this room it is going to be a great party.

Hugs and kisses darling.

• Like 1

If you went for SEA postings the top two are Singapore and Hong Kong. Bangkok would be third really.

Exactly. Singapore and HK have the highest level of management because the system encourages companies to put their offices there.

Bangkok may be even below kl in terms of high quality expat postings.

• Like 1

Didn't know beer swilling overweight wearing a chang vest would be considered an expat.

I've had this conversation before and although I agree with you apparently they are or like to be known as expats not retirees.

Exactly. Singapore and HK have the highest level of management because the system encourages companies to put their offices there.

Bangkok may be even below kl in terms of high quality expat postings.

Yeah KL and BKK are a close match.

Didn't know beer swilling overweight wearing a chang vest would be considered an expat.

I've had this conversation before and although I agree with you apparently they are or like to be known as expats not retirees.

Ex Pats are working , the others aren't.

We could even look at what is really an expat?

Is a pikey in a grind house really an expat??

There is a legal definition. I don't think it varies if the income is from present or past. I think income is income. Except for the country of the expat's residence and in that case there is not tax on income earned previously depending on treaties.

Worked in both.

Hong Kong is for professionals on much bigger scale than Bangkok. It has a history if attracting good caliber candidates for decades.

There have always been professionals here , some big American companies have been here since the late seventies , some large Thai corporations had qualifies expats . It was easy to get a job if you had the right qualification because there were so few here.

Now it's predominately old men.

Expat residential communities in HK remind me of the Stepford Wives. Maybe people in Bangkok look a little more dishevelled because of the heat and humidity; it's not quite so bad in HK.

That's <deleted>. U ever been in HK in summer?