Soldiers Accused Of Appropriating Drug Suspect's Car, Amulet

Lite Beer

"When we begged them to return the belongings to us, they refused," Suphee told reporters after submitting a petition to the headquarters of Surat Thani Military District calling for justice."

Well they wouldn't would they. Aren't they evidence or considered proceeds of criminal activity?

Should get them back if found not guilty, but not before I'd have thought.

"Instead of storing the confiscated items in a state agency, the soldiers retained them for personal use, Suphee said."

wai2.gif wai.gif

Tell us again about the baggage handlers, Schappelle.

Do some research. The baggage handler conspiracy is a myth made up by her then lawyer. It never happened - he has admitted it.

Welcome to the new order its called military rule and marshal law.wink.png

So you have evidence that the families claims are true?

They will be pleased, you should pass it on to them.

And do you have evidence that the "evidence" has been filed and stored correctly and is not being miss-appropriated by the soldiers?

Never said they hadn't. Just that I doubt the word of a scumbag drug dealers family. Especially where money is concerned. I could be wrong but....

"When we begged them to return the belongings to us, they refused," Suphee told reporters after submitting a petition to the headquarters of Surat Thani Military District calling for justice."

Well they wouldn't would they. Aren't they evidence or considered proceeds of criminal activity?

"Instead of storing the confiscated items in a state agency, the soldiers retained them for personal use, Suphee said."

wai2.gif wai.gif

Yep, that's what she said. Doesn't make it true though.

And do you have evidence that the "evidence" has been filed and stored correctly and is not being miss-appropriated by the soldiers?

Evidence? Not tainted or manipulated in Thailand?

Such childish demands from the newly emerging army apologists in TV are an exercise in futility.

For the information of the army apologists (Amazing Farangs in Thailand) the dozens of Bangladeshis who were recently freed from the army traffickers are retained in Thailand and the District commissioner is demanding of the central government that the army brass doing the trafficking be punished.

Want evidence? Search for it and do not take the easy, lazy way of putting the onus on other people's shoulders.

Where's the evidence that what this scumbag drug dealers family allege has happened is the truth?

It's not that I believe the army, just that I wouldn't believe anything a drug dealer piece of faeces, and those benefiting from their dealing, says without evidence.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did you miss the part that reads, "Instead of storing the confiscated items in a state agency, the soldiers retained them for personal use," ? You cite procedures common to Western criminal proceedings but you know Thailand has its own "unique" process of law.

Did you miss the bit where it said this scumbags family "claimed" this happened. Show me the evidence and I'll believe them. Until then....

Never said they hadn't. Just that I doubt the word of a scumbag drug dealers family. Especially where money is concerned. I could be wrong but....

I agree that drug dealers probably aren't the most honest and trustworthy citizens but I don't know this guy or his family. I don't know their history and as far as i'm aware he hasn't been convicted yet. I'm going to view each sides story with a level of distrust. Plenty of dishonest folks out there. Some of them in positions of authority and some of them in uniform.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, the evidence should be stored . . . until the trial . . . but what they are claiming is that the "evidence" is not being securely stored, but rather being used (appropriated) by the very soldiers that made the arrest making that evidence invalid and inadmissible one would think.

She would be better off to keep quiet, as that is evidence against her husband, if he cant prove where all the money, gold, truck etc came from, and as far as the amulet goes let them keep it, as it surely is a copy and does not work,

wai2.gif wai.gif

Yep, that's what she said. Doesn't make it true though.

blink.png

"Based on the evidence provided by the family, such as photographs and videos, I believe there's truth in their complaint," Maj.Gen. Kriangkrai said.

"We will not tolerate the soldiers to perform their duty in an unlawful way."

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did you miss the part that reads, "Instead of storing the confiscated items in a state agency, the soldiers retained them for personal use," ? You cite procedures common to Western criminal proceedings but you know Thailand has its own "unique" process of law.

Did you miss the bit where it said this scumbags family "claimed" this happened. Show me the evidence and I'll believe them. Until then....

Apparently, you missed this “bit”:

"Based on the evidence provided by the family, such as photographs and videos, I believe there's truth in their complaint," Maj.Gen. Kriangkrai said.

"We will not tolerate the soldiers to perform their duty in an unlawful way." wai2.gifwai.gif

Did you bother to read the whole article?

facepalm.gif facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

If he is innocent, and only confessed under torture, where did the 42kg of marijuana come from? Does his family want that back too?

the soldiers are still high on it...

so, the family cant have it. nor can be that stupid to ask, but TiT, so, one never knows, lol.

if there ever was any.

would be interesting to see that evidence store and weight it again before the sentence...maybe there will be still 2-3 grams in the bottom of the box to support the case.

Apparently, you missed this bit:

"We will not tolerate the soldiers to perform their duty in an unlawful way." wai2.gifwai.gif

Did you bother to read the whole article?

facepalm.gif facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

It's khaosod, of course I didn't. But I will.

Thai police are perhaps following the American police example where in the USA they can seize money, cars and other property even without a suspect being charged with a crime.

As reported on the Daily Show recently, A Washington Post investigation previously revealed that law enforcement had taken away more than a billion dollars in property and cash from individuals under a federal forfeiture program that was originally set up to help cripple drug lords.

It turns out that police have spent large sums of the forfeited money to purchase weapons, armored cars and even entertainment. The list of purchases includes Humvees, a helicopter, automatic weapons, gas grenades, night-vision scopes, sniper gear, a coffee pot and the booking of at least one clown. More than 80% of the nearly $2.5 billion spent by police involved in the program “came from cash and property seizures in which no indictment was filed.”

What you fail to mention is that those persons whose property has been seized have only to prove the legal source of the funds/property to have it returned. For legitimate owners, not using criminally acquired funding, this is rarely difficult.

I know one drug dealer who had been on social security all his life and who had acquired nearly a million dollars in assets. When finally busted, he claimed his mother had given him the money from her business, which led to a forensic accounting, loss of all his assets, and BOTH of them going to jail as mum had been practicing creative accounting.

For more information google USA highway police robbery thumbsup.gif

edit: sorry, looks like pisico already covered this one

Edited by longtom

"scumbag"? Good to see somebody with such an open mind and not "judge & jury" the defendant.

In the USA things are much simpler. Just Google "civil forfeiture" The police pull you over for a minor traffic offence. Ask how how

much cash you are carrying. You tell them. If it is higher than what they think a regular person should be carrying 2000-3000 dollars

they can and will confiscate it. Almost impossible to get back and those that confiscate the assets are the people you appeal to. The

assets are kept by the individual police departments to spend how they wish with no restrictions. Billions and billions legally but

unethically confiscated. Makes the Thai police departments look like complete amateurs. tongue.png

Mario Ballotelli might get a shock after he eventually signs for New York Cosmos.