Bangladeshi slaves rescued from jungle in Thailand

stevehaigh

This week we had a garden company doing some tree works. Normally the workers come from Burma or Laos and only the foreman is Thai. But this time the workers were Bangladeshi.

The foreman told me their good burmese workers gone home already. So this is your answer. Bangladeshi are the new cheaper Burmese free will or not.

Many rubberland owners can not get people to work for them so they are finding solutions now this way.

Burmese I just tried to hire won't work less than 500 baht a day.

They said it's expensive here and they are always getting scorned for a baht by the cops.

What on Earth is the World coming to, eh.

One of our nannies is Burmese, nice young woman, think we pay 12k p/m to their agency. If they suddenly left I don't think I'd be happy if a pair of Bangladeshis came in.

Nothing against Bangladeshis of course. :D

Yesterday morning I also saw the article the OP linked to, when looking at Google News. Surprises me that this didn't make it into the thaivisa.com newsfeed.

So Bangladeshi's will replace the Burmese eh? Similarly in the Netherlands they are hiring like Romanians now, because Polish have become too expensive.

Whatever happened to the navy officers that allegedly sold Rohingyas on to human traffickers in Malaysia about a year ago?

I know the journalists that reported on it are being done legally for making Thais look bad, or whatever the crime is.