Clexane

mizztraveller

I need a shot of Clexane to fly long haul after previously having a dvt after a flight. We're on our way to Chiang Mai at the end of the month and whilst I have one shot to get me there, I'll need another for the return flight.

Can anyone advise if this is available over the counter in a pharmacy or will I need to go to the hospital? If available, can anyone give an indication of the price.

Thanks

It does not require a prescrioption in Thailand, but it can be hard to source. Your best bet is at Facsino's, on Suthep Road

Tel: 053 278 259

If they do not have it then you may have to go to one of the private hospitals, but try there first.

I have no idea re the price. It is imported, so will cost a little more than in Europe or Australia as there is a tariff on imported medications.

Just a thought . I am using Pradaxa now for Aterial Fibulation but have needed to have Clexane before surgery recently. Three things to consider from my limited experience is it needs to be refrigerated .and it also has a limited shelf life ( check the use by dates) and because it is in pre-loaded syringes i definitely would have a doctors prescription especially if i was flying internationally.

I also found it was only available in a packet of ten in Australia , single shots were unavailable . It may be different in Thailand though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP.....

I'll need to pick some up for a long haul flight (having suffered a DVT & P.E. a few years ago).

Twice a year for the past 5 years I've been picking up Clexane from Samitivej, but feel its unnecessary to go to a hospital and pay their fees just to tell the Dr. what I need for a flight. I understand thats the way the hospitals work, but in my case, its a pointless and more expensive exercise than simply purchasing some over the counter if possible..

Thus: Where ? anyone had success at a (non hospital pharmacy ?)

People have found it in pharmacies but I do not know exactly which ones.

best to contact the distributor and ask them what pharmacies in you area they have supplied to:

DKSH

2106 Sukhumvit RdTel: (+66) 2220 9000 , 1364 (Call Center) email.png Email: [email protected]
Needs some patience dealing with them io nthe phone, they are a large and very busy company

best to contact the distributor and ask them what pharmacies in you area they have supplied to:

DKSH

2106 Sukhumvit RdTel: (+66) 2220 9000 , 1364 (Call Center) email.png Email: [email protected]
Needs some patience dealing with them io nthe phone, they are a large and very busy company

Update:

We gave DKSH a call - My Wife was told they would only supply directly to a Pharmacy and do not involve themselves with individual sales.

I also tried another 'bulk' Pharmacy I know on Sukhumvit 77 (Between Big C and Sukhumvit) - They don't cary stock, but can take an order with a deposit - I was uncomfortable doing this as the flight is on Monday (4 days from now).

Petcharat Pharmacy - Opposite Siriraj Hospital (Phone: 087-191-1917 / 081-250-2662) - I've been told they have stock : Clexane 40mg = 650 baht.

I'll pick some up tomorrow... (1300 baht is a lot cheaper than the 3500 baht (approx) that I'm charged at Samitivej for the Clexane and Dr's appointment).

DKSH

Update:

We gave DKSH a call - My Wife was told they would only supply directly to a Pharmacy and do not involve themselves with individual sales.

I also tried another 'bulk' Pharmacy I know on Sukhumvit 77 (Between Big C and Sukhumvit) - They don't cary stock, but can take an order with a deposit - I was uncomfortable doing this as the flight is on Monday (4 days from now).

Petcharat Pharmacy - Opposite Siriraj Hospital (Phone: 087-191-1917 / 081-250-2662) - I've been told they have stock : Clexane 40mg = 650 baht.

I'll pick some up tomorrow... (1300 baht is a lot cheaper than the 3500 baht (approx) that I'm charged at Samitivej for the Clexane and Dr's appointment).

Update: 650 baht for 1 box (containing 2x 40mg syringes)

Petcharat Pharmacy had stock which had been kept chilled. They issued the syringes packed with ice.

• 4 months later...
On 7/12/2016 at 3:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

BUMP.....

I'll need to pick some up for a long haul flight (having suffered a DVT & P.E. a few years ago).

Twice a year for the past 5 years I've been picking up Clexane from Samitivej, but feel its unnecessary to go to a hospital and pay their fees just to tell the Dr. what I need for a flight. I understand thats the way the hospitals work, but in my case, its a pointless and more expensive exercise than simply purchasing some over the counter if possible..

Thus: Where ? anyone had success at a (non hospital pharmacy ?)

Hi mizztraveller

I have a personal stock of Cloxane (sanofi aventis  france- 2 x 40mg pre filled syringes, well within expiry date). I have surplus, more than I am probably going to use,  If youve not gone yet and are still having problems getting hold of some I would be more than happy to let you have some. Not sure what price they are here but you can have these ast 500baht a box. Let me know and we can arrange to meet. (I travel daily from south of Jontiem up Sukhumvit to Chonburi so no problem  anywhere along that route.

Happy to help fellow sufferer

Regards

Bill Francis

11 hours ago, william francis said:

Hi mizztraveller

I have a personal stock of Cloxane (sanofi aventis  france- 2 x 40mg pre filled syringes, well within expiry date). I have surplus, more than I am probably going to use,  If youve not gone yet and are still having problems getting hold of some I would be more than happy to let you have some. Not sure what price they are here but you can have these ast 500baht a box. Let me know and we can arrange to meet. (I travel daily from south of Jontiem up Sukhumvit to Chonburi so no problem  anywhere along that route.

Happy to help fellow sufferer

Regards

Bill Francis

Thanks... I've been getting the Clexane at Patcharat Pharmacy in Bangkok (near Siriraj) for 650 baht for 1 box (containing 2x 40mg syringes)... I'm travelling long haul twice monthly - Although this pharmacy never answers its phone, it always seems open. 

Archived