Soton 8 Sunderland 0 - Holy Caroly

mxyzptlk

I had that one a 1-1 draw.w00t.gif I expected more from Poyet and Sunderland. Looks like no spillover from their great end to last season.

It was always going to be a hard game based on Soton's current form...looks like the bubble has burst...still it could have been worse..we could have been playing a local team.....

Stoke at St Mary's today but not expecting goal blitz this week. Could be a banana skin so they need to play well.

Another 3 points today, from what was a potentially tricky game against Stoke. Happy to take 1 - 0 although to be honest we should have been out of sight at half time, hit the post 3 times, one way traffic for most of the game. Another clean sheet as well, still only 5 goals conceded, by far the best in the football league. Up to second now, these are heady days for Saints fans, especially after the shenanigans of the summer. The true test will come in the near future when we have Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U in the space of a few weeks, but whatever happens there we shall enjoy the moment now. Ronald Koeman is doing a magnificent job at St Mary's, assisted by his brother and Sammy Lee. The players brought in to replace the summer departures are more than adequate replacements, i would take Tadic over Lallana any day and he cost less than half the money we got for Lallana. Pelle looks the real deal, as does Mane, and Alderweireld looks far superior to Lovren this season, again for half the money. Lets see where we are at Christmas, if the current team can stay fit, who knows what is possible.

• 3 weeks later...