Prayut's approval rating rises to 93.3 per cent

Lite Beer

The approval rating for the government rose to 93.3 per cent after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha attended the Asia-Europe Meeting in Italy, a survey by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found.

Of course this could mean that the approval rating for the government soared when O'cha left the country..........................coffee1.gif

You are really getting desperate now. What is the problem. I assure you times they are a changing for the betterment of Thailand. Maybe not people involved in corruption.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand's "leaders" have a long tradition of creating their own propaganda. Their reports from Milan will all be fawning over how the 'PM' is (1) accepted, and (2) improving Thailand's image on the world stage.

And polls like this will continue - there is no end in sight.

As long as Prayut's is in power there will be no end in sight. Things will just continue to get better and better.

You have hit the nail right on the head.wai2.gif

I am a little dissapointed should have been 98% but very understandable why it is this high and there will always be a small minority that wont approve .

Like he really has 93% in the first place. such BS.The sort you would expect from a junta.

• Like 2

"

Do you know for a fact that the opinion poll is dodgy?

I do remember the comments that no coup was planned. He was trying to get the two sides together to work it out in meetings, and as I recall and neither side was giving an inch. The military always has a plan you know. They just don't always execute it.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh sometimes and thank you for your reasoned response. I'll leave you to your research...

Cheers, L.D.

A poll suggesting 93.3% of Thais approve of Prayuth is beyond dodgy, it's ridiculous.

Only 0.01% (pretty much just you) of educated Westerners could ever buy it.

What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?

I do remember comments (from Suthep) that planning for the coup began way back in 2010.

No need to apologise.

It's not that you sound harsh, it's more that you sound.......well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity.

How is the poll absurd? Like I said... get the demographics.

"What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?"

Tarit tried to push those charges as well when he was in charge of DSI and the pressure from Suthep was on. He got nowhere in the courts or in the opinion of the Thai public.

I don't remember a coup being planned in 2010... I was here then just as I am now. Give us a fact!

"well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity."

Hmmm... I didn't ask for your forgiveness and I doubt that you have pity for anyone but yourself.

By the way... Who is us?

There was a coup planned in 2010. It was planned and funded from Dubai. As any thing else the idiot did it was doomed to failure from the start.

The approval rating for the government rose to 93.3 per cent after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha attended the Asia-Europe Meeting in Italy, a survey by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found.

Of course this could mean that the approval rating for the government soared when O'cha left the country..........................coffee1.gif

You are really getting desperate now. What is the problem. I assure you times they are a changing for the betterment of Thailand. Maybe not people involved in corruption.

I assure you times they are a changing for the betterment of Thailand.

I assure you they are not. it all same same, the only thing that changed is the guy giving the orders!

Edited by ggold
  • Like 2

Your assurance is based on the assumption the people in charge* are not corrupt. In any way, shape or form. I am at a loss to understand how you could possibly know this as fact.

*I'm not sure the general is at the helm TBH

That is not a fact,It's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? People here were posting it as fact. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

The Bangkok Post, as it is in English, is not a widely read paper in Thailand so just because the story appeared in the Bangkok Post does not mean the story will be widely read. However, multiple papers have picked up on the story citing the Bangkok Post including Thai Post, Post Today, Prachachat, Khao Sod, ASTV Manager, Thai Rath, Channel 3 (although that was focused on the military denial) and Matichon amongst others.

It should be noted that Wassana of the Bangkok Post has confirmed that the Post sent a reporter to listen to Suthep speak and it was not based on some report or second hand).

The question I asked was do you believe either Suthep or the BP. That's a yes or no question with the facts that should follow. I'll give you a much larger example of a senior reporter for the most prestigious newspaper in the world gone bad. She never bothered to get the facts either. If she had there might never have been a war in Iraq.

http://www.salon.com/2010/12/30/judy_miller_newsmax/

Edited by Local Drunk

Prayut's approval rating rises to 93.3 per cent

BANGKOK: -- The approval rating for the government rose to 93.3 per cent after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha attended the Asia-Europe Meeting in Italy, a survey by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found.

The rating rose from 77.2 per cent late September and 89.0 per cent early October, the pollster announced Sunday.

The opinion survey was carried out among leaders of 608 communities nationwide on Friday and Saturday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayuts-approval-rating-rises-to-93-3-per-cent-30245775.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-10-19

please look closer to this article.."The opinion survey was carried out among leaders of 608 communities nationwide on Friday and Saturday." This is a "servey" not a ""poll" carried out among his own staff, what did you expect? I am surprised it is not 100%. The 54 leaders who voted against will probably have to look for another job on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well I am not big on Thai poll's or survey's what ever you wish to call them. But if he has a staff that big spread throughout Thailand I for one would take it to be Gospel.

The fact that it is leaders of the communities would surely be a depressing thing to the Thaksin lovers. Lets face it they were the people who managed the pay offs for him. How ever I don't believe he has a staff that big. If you do I have some water front property in Florida I can let you have cheap.

I hope the embassies in Bkk include this in their regular report back to their respective Foreign Ministries and especially the British Embassy so the FCO and Cameron start to really understand who and what they are dealing with.

Ha! You seriously underestimate them. The already know that with which they are dealing, and the ramifications of overstepping the line. However, I do believe they take diplomacy (read trade relations and cushy postings) way too far.

I had plans to return, but I don't really want to move to N.Korea MKII. Sad and worrying times for Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413698448

it made my day

Best quote I've seen in a long time:

"I want all Thais to return home," Gen. Prayuth said yesterday after returning from an international summit in Italy. "All of those who are facing charges should return home. If you are not guilty, no one can punish you."

I'm sure the two Myanmar suspects in the Koh Samui jail will find comfort in this.

this was not bad too

"Please come home,” Gen. Prayuth said in his plea yesterday. “Living abroad is not comfortable at all, unlike living in Thailand.”

he lived abroad 30 years so he can talk(cheap sarcasm)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am a little dissapointed should have been 98% but very understandable why it is this high and there will always be a small minority that wont approve .

Like maybe the 4 million Muslims living in Southern Thailand?

Doesn't quite beat the 30 million Muslims living in the UK now, does it, who all approve of non-christian education but not British rule? giggle.gif

I had plans to return, but I don't really want to move to N.Korea MKII. Sad and worrying times for Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413698448

it made my day

Best quote I've seen in a long time:

"I want all Thais to return home," Gen. Prayuth said yesterday after returning from an international summit in Italy. "All of those who are facing charges should return home. If you are not guilty, no one can punish you."

I'm sure the two Myanmar suspects in the Koh Samui jail will find comfort in this.

this was not bad too

"Please come home,” Gen. Prayuth said in his plea yesterday. “Living abroad is not comfortable at all, unlike living in Thailand.”

he lived abroad 30 years so he can talk(cheap sarcasm)

Another gem from that article:

Nevertheless, Gen. Prayuth said he informed other foreign delegates at the summit in Milan that despite the current restrictions on free speech and the lack of an elected government, Thailand is still a functioning democracy.

He forgot to mention the rubber stamp assembly...

That is not a fact,It's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? People here were posting it as fact. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

The Bangkok Post, as it is in English, is not a widely read paper in Thailand so just because the story appeared in the Bangkok Post does not mean the story will be widely read. However, multiple papers have picked up on the story citing the Bangkok Post including Thai Post, Post Today, Prachachat, Khao Sod, ASTV Manager, Thai Rath, Channel 3 (although that was focused on the military denial) and Matichon amongst others.

It should be noted that Wassana of the Bangkok Post has confirmed that the Post sent a reporter to listen to Suthep speak and it was not based on some report or second hand).

The question I asked was do you believe either Suthep or the BP. That's a yes or no question with the facts that should follow. I'll give you a much larger example of a senior reporter for the most prestigious newspaper in the world gone bad. She never bothered to get the facts either. If she had there might never have been a war in Iraq.

http://www.salon.com/2010/12/30/judy_miller_newsmax/

Many on TVF (mostly the diehard yellows) remind of a quote from Sam Harris.

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”

That's a good quote. I like it, but it's not evidence. You cant present it in a court of law.

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”

That's a good quote. I like it, but it's not evidence. You cant present it in a court of law.

Heres another interesting pair of quotes, (purportedly) from the contributing editor to The Nation newspaper

David Simmons One of the below-the-line commenters says: "Does the Editor realise that by repeatedly publishing the results of farcical polls like this, he is seriously lowering the image of the Bangkok Post?" I suspect the Editor does indeed, but is hoping to salvage the paper's credibility later. Might be a faint hope; probably the Post and The Nation, my employer, should have thought of that while they were supporting Suthep's anti-democracy movement that caused this situation.

David Simmons I don't think the right wing or our advertisers wanted another military dictator, at least not one like Prayut who wants to "reform" everything in sight, and is shoring up his image with populist programs almost indistinguishable from Yingluck's, with only vague ideas how they will be paid for after Suthep and the Democrats nearly destroyed the economy. Big business was hoping for another judicial coup, with the Democrats installed like last time. Our paper has been more critical of the junta than it was of Suthep, even though the generals have guns (some of which were on display in our parking lot right after the coup; I think they've slunk back into the Army Club now).

First point: David Simmons has presented no evidence to dispute these polls.

Second point: "I don't think the right wing or our advertisers wanted another military dictator, at least not one like Prayut who wants to "reform" everything in sight" Thing is every thing in sight here needs to be reformed especially the press.

Heres another interesting pair of quotes, (purportedly) from the contributing editor to The Nation newspaper

David Simmons One of the below-the-line commenters says: "Does the Editor realise that by repeatedly publishing the results of farcical polls like this, he is seriously lowering the image of the Bangkok Post?" I suspect the Editor does indeed, but is hoping to salvage the paper's credibility later. Might be a faint hope; probably the Post and The Nation, my employer, should have thought of that while they were supporting Suthep's anti-democracy movement that caused this situation.

David Simmons I don't think the right wing or our advertisers wanted another military dictator, at least not one like Prayut who wants to "reform" everything in sight, and is shoring up his image with populist programs almost indistinguishable from Yingluck's, with only vague ideas how they will be paid for after Suthep and the Democrats nearly destroyed the economy. Big business was hoping for another judicial coup, with the Democrats installed like last time. Our paper has been more critical of the junta than it was of Suthep, even though the generals have guns (some of which were on display in our parking lot right after the coup; I think they've slunk back into the Army Club now).

First point: David Simmons has presented no evidence to dispute these polls.

Second point: "I don't think the right wing or our advertisers wanted another military dictator, at least not one like Prayut who wants to "reform" everything in sight" Thing is every thing in sight here needs to be reformed especially the press.

Not all of the intended reforms you so desire are aimed at moving things forward. Many of the reforms are to return things to how they were before Thaksin, back to the good old days when the elites did as they pleased and took more than their fair share unquestioned.

• Like 2

Trending towards 100%, well done General.

I can't help but think that the bozos who fabricate such figures are self deluded enough to believe "if we say Prayuths approval is 100% no one will believe us, 93.3% on the other hand...

In 2005, with the economy booming and Thaksin at the peak of his powers and popularity, he only managed 60% approval.

Even at the best of times, this is a divided land.

Only gullible fools could buy this 93.3% crapola.

My question is : for whose benefit is this story being published?

I mean it can't be for the Junta, they already know they're on thin ice, and it can't be for the Thai population, they're a cynical bunch at the best of times.

So who?

Oh wait, maybe it's the Yellow flag wavers on TV?

• Like 1

OK if its so high... make a political party and have an election asap... landslide victory 4 years legit rule, done............ go for it if you have this 93.3 %

Personally im calling BS on this figure yet again smile.png

silly little people

Would be interesting to see a free vote with parties from the left, centre and far right.

Come on, General. Put your money where your mouth is. If you've got over 90% of the people 'approving' of you, call free and fair elections.

• Like 1

OK if its so high... make a political party and have an election asap... landslide victory 4 years legit rule, done............ go for it if you have this 93.3 %

Personally im calling BS on this figure yet again smile.png

silly little people

Would be interesting to see a free vote with parties from the left, centre and far right.

Come on, General. Put your money where your mouth is. If you've got over 90% of the people 'approving' of you, call free and fair elections.

Even tho 93.3 % of the people approve of the PM, happiness is here they all love him but................Martial law is still needed .... hmmm .......................

Maybe the 93.3% was a military poll ? whistling.gif

A poll suggesting 93.3% of Thais approve of Prayuth is beyond dodgy, it's ridiculous.

Only 0.01% (pretty much just you) of educated Westerners could ever buy it.

What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?

I do remember comments (from Suthep) that planning for the coup began way back in 2010.

No need to apologise.

It's not that you sound harsh, it's more that you sound.......well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity.

How is the poll absurd? Like I said... get the demographics.

"What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?"

Tarit tried to push those charges as well when he was in charge of DSI and the pressure from Suthep was on. He got nowhere in the courts or in the opinion of the Thai public.

I don't remember a coup being planned in 2010... I was here then just as I am now. Give us a fact!

"well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity."

Hmmm... I didn't ask for your forgiveness and I doubt that you have pity for anyone but yourself.

By the way... Who is us?

Suthep let the cat out of the bag at the weekend. The Bangkok Post with the headline “Suthep in talks with Prayuth ‘since 2010’”

Mr Suthep broke his silence at a fund-raising dinner on Saturday night at the Pacific Club in Bangkok.

He said he chats regularly to Gen Prayuth and his team via the Line chat app.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me ‘Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It’s now the duty of the army to take over the task’, ” Mr Suthep said.

He had consulted Gen Prayuth since the 2010 political unrest on how to root out the so-called Thaksin regime and join hands to reform the country, fight corruption and dissolve colour-coded politics that divided Thais.

That is not a fact, it's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? He said he had no interest in the position here were posting it as fact with lots of references to Hitler an Mussolini. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

The bangkok post reporter was at the event so it is a first-hand report.

You are correct that Suthep is not to be trusted. But he also has always been a self-promoter.

The visible coordination between the Suthep and his protest and the military/anti-democratic elites could not have been overlooked. That supports Suthep's boasting.

Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining

Seems about right. That would fall in line with the figures that show a 7% fanatical group that embrace terrorism.

Good to see that 93% of the population are looking at a brighter, peaceful future where their voices will be heard post ballot box. Unless of course we will be referring to an election over 3 years ago to discredit this poll conducted 24 hours ago.

Gobbledigook.

• Like 2