Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Insult away r2d2....we're doing just fine and money is not and has not been an issue for a long time at WHL.

Meanwhile we will be following Winks rise to the first team....funny I'm just wondering who will be next to rise to our first team from our ranks.

Not many teams can say that in the Premiership....far less in the top end of the table.

So you admit you were once an arsenal fan. Fair play ronnie you got some testicles.

No matter anyway. Kane is an arsenal fan too.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

So you admit you were once an arsenal fan. Fair play ronnie you got some testicles.

No matter anyway. Kane is an arsenal fan too.

I'll assume you're drunk as usual.

Well I am and I've not accused you of being a closet granny shagging Evertonian but the night is young.

• Haha 2

I'll assume you're drunk as usual.

Well I am and I've not accused you of being a closet granny shagging Evertonian but the night is young.

I'm on this U beer at present I'm not sure if my taste has deteriorated but I just can't face my Leo since I been sipping this U beer.

What park you in?  Comfy bench?

Just now, Rc2702 said:

I'm on this U beer at present I'm not sure if my taste has deteriorated but I just can't face my Leo since I been sipping this U beer.

What park you in?  Comfy bench?

This is more like it mate....I'm sitting on the terrace at the Peninsula wondering if I should have another bottle of the excellent Barossa recommended by evenstevens.

Funny old game it is...I think if we lose a player it will be Delle Alli but I'd rather it was Rose...he's a noisy little bastid.

Who would you lose from your band of mercenaries?

This is more like it mate....I'm sitting on the terrace at the Peninsula wondering if I should have another bottle of the excellent Barossa recommended by evenstevens.

Funny old game it is...I think if we lose a player it will be Delle Alli but I'd rather it was Rose...he's a noisy little bastid.

Who would you lose from your band of mercenaries?

Nah alli is not calm enough yet he needs a year or a really grounded bird. Kids got baggage but bags of potential. I'd tell Can to sling it. I'd get rid of Moreno regardless of how well he plays and if the dyke can't be done I'd go for some burnley lads for defence and grab lanzini and say bye to coutinho.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah alli is not calm enough yet he needs a year or a really grounded bird. Kids got baggage but bags of potential. I'd tell Can to sling it. I'd get rid of Moreno regardless of how well he plays and if the dyke can't be done I'd go for some burnley lads for defence and grab lanzini and say bye to coutinho.

Good call that....if the deal had been decent from Barca i reckon your chairman would have sold Coutinho in the summer but its questionable as to whether Barca could even mak the payments.

That;s why I wonder if even Madrid can afford 200m for a player now....Spain is well in recession.

Could be the premiership sees more coming in rather than going out the next few years which is great for our viewing pleasure.

Your dfence there I'd be surprised if Burnley sold in Jan but you never know.

Good call that....if the deal had been decent from Barca i reckon your chairman would have sold Coutinho in the summer but its questionable as to whether Barca could even mak the payments.

That;s why I wonder if even Madrid can afford 200m for a player now....Spain is well in recession.

Could be the premiership sees more coming in rather than going out the next few years which is great for our viewing pleasure.

Your dfence there I'd be surprised if Burnley sold in Jan but you never know.

I heard a 75m down payet me toned in the boardroom the other day so 50m over 5 years and 75 immediately  is sound. The dyke aint worth more than 40 though. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I heard a 75m down payet me toned in the boardroom the other day so 50m over 5 years and 75 immediately  is sound. The dyke aint worth more than 40 though. 

Much better than was offered in the summer by a long way.

The question is who can you buy in Jan?

A defence obviously since you seem to have few issues up fromt.

I'd buy Salah in a heartbeat btw.

11 hours ago, evenstevens said:

lets face the truth  , after 11 matchs   who is in fine fettle   to challenge M/city   for  the  EPL title ???

my answer is no one , lets go through the contenders for a  major upset, in any order

1/ Arsenal   have Wenger in charge   so that takes care of them

2/ Totts  do not have the bottle  or experience ,and if Kane  is missing ,  enuff said

3/L/pool has massive defensive problems, and overall the squad is very thin on classy players,Countino is the only exception,and he is not happy under the present cicumstances

4/ M/U  appears to be labouring  under Mou,s  play through a brick wall game plan or  mentality if one prefers ,  and  Pepe has got him over a barrell bigtime

5/ C/sea  are far from being a settled squad   this season   for 101 reasons,    its there for everyone to see  

in summing up , M/City can have several blips,which will come, but the above teams will experience the same,the biggest assett is their attacking footy a joy to watch ,there will be no bottle job with Pepe at the helm,   this season he has  proved to me   he can cut it   day in and day out   in the Premier League, where i had previous reservations about that  ,who will run second is anyones guess , anyway they  can please themselves  ,Winners are the only grinners and M/City will win by panels , a nice evening to all:smile:

Yep, Spurs sure did bottle it taking 39 of their last 42 points....another excellent point made by E/S!!:smile:

14 hours ago, evenstevens said:

lets face the truth  , after 11 matchs   who is in fine fettle   to challenge M/city   for  the  EPL title ???

my post above clearly says 11 matches

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yep, Spurs sure did bottle it taking 39 of their last 42 points....another excellent point made by E/S!!:smile:

39 out of  the last 42   points  uhhhh  where are u coming  from ???

Spuds   have dropped    10 points  in those  11 matchs,  played to date    or taken  23 points from a possible  33

39 out of 42  ???   The  Totts Troll    is in Ga  Ga  Land   , poor lost fool

8 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

my post above clearly says 11 matches

39 out of  the last 42   points  uhhhh  where are u coming  from ???

Spuds   have dropped    10 points  in those  11 matchs,  played to date    or taken  23 points from a possible  33

39 out of 42  ???   The  Totts Troll    is in Ga  Ga  Land   , poor lost fool

Last season, chasing Chelsea we took 39 of the last 42 points available.  Bottle jobs don't achieve that.

Thats where i'm coming from.  Theres also nothing to suggest we'll bottle this season.  Just wishful thinking on the part of direct rivals.  

Before plowing on with the usual old cobblers check out the "facts" please.

Edited by carmine

52 minutes ago, carmine said:

Last season, chasing Chelsea we took 39 of the last 42 points available.  Bottle jobs don't achieve that.

Thats where i'm coming from.  Theres also nothing to suggest we'll bottle this season.  Just wishful thinking on the part of direct rivals.  

Before plowing on with the usual old cobblers check out the "facts" please.

last season chasing C/sea you took 36 of the last 42 points available, you were beaten  by L/pool and W/ham

you have already bottled it this season taking 23 out of a possible 33 points available

suggest you be the one and check the facts out  before plowing on with your Trolling Posts

a nice early arvo to all

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 stated about City (took me a while to remember this IS the City forum after the crap above): "gate attendances are down". I didn't know that and I would be surprised if that was true so where are you getting that from?

With the exception of 2015 when we were expanding the stadium and an area had to be closed off, our gate attendances have been rising year on year. Our average now is just over 54,000 compared with 40,000 10 years ago (2007). That's about an increase of 36%

Just now, mrbojangles said:

With the exception of 2015 when we were expanding the stadium and an area had to be closed off, our gate attendances have been rising year on year. Our average now is just over 54,000 compared with 40,000 10 years ago (2007). That's about an increase of 36%

The ticket prices have hampered local supporters and the spike is more of a result of corporate dealings.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The ticket prices have hampered local supporters.

City's season tickets are amongst the cheapest in the prem. Only Huddersfield, Stoke and West Ham have cheaper season tickets available.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/812321/Premier-League-season-tickets-cheapest-deal-sportgalleries

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^But R2D2 where are you getting that City's gate attendances are down from? I'm not aware of that and I suspect that it's incorrect.

Come on bareback you are not the only one who likes throwing sticks. Fetch.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, evenstevens said:

last season chasing C/sea you took 36 of the last 42 points available, you were beaten  by L/pool and W/ham

you have already bottled it this season taking 23 out of a possible 33 points available

suggest you be the one and check the facts out  before plowing on with your Trolling Posts

a nice early arvo to all

Aside of the fact this is the City thread i don't really have anything else to say.  But thanks for letting me know we are the only team that bottled it this season and last!!

Do you ever have anything worthwhile to contribute?  

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Aside of the fact this is the City thread i don't really have anything else to say.  But thanks for letting me know we are the only team that bottled it this season and last!!

Do you ever have anything worthwhile to contribute?  

he doesn't. so don't bother engaging with him mate. he's better on ignore.

On 13/11/2017 at 1:43 PM, mrbojangles said:

City's season tickets are amongst the cheapest in the prem. Only Huddersfield, Stoke and West Ham have cheaper season tickets available.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/812321/Premier-League-season-tickets-cheapest-deal-sportgalleries

Sooooo what do you think is the problem?

Too big a stadium?

Too big a team next door?

Skint members poor part of Manchester! Or just the realism that you are the likkle club in Manchester.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Red 2 said:

Or just the realism that you are the likkle club in Manchester.

Well seeing as we are the only club in Manchester, we must be the biggest. I've never understood the United fans need to gloat over the size of stadium and how many go to watch. Is there a separate trophy for that at the end of the season?

Must be hurting United fans like mad seeing City playing like we are. Looks like it's not a flash in the pan either and will be around for a few years yet. Better get used to it boys

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well seeing as we are the only club in Manchester, we must be the biggest. I've never understood the United fans need to gloat over the size of stadium and how many go to watch. Is there a separate trophy for that at the end of the season?

Must be hurting United fans like mad seeing City playing like we are. Looks like it's not a flash in the pan either and will be around for a few years yet. Better get used to it boys

it's because loads of united fans are dead tory.

56 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Manchester used to be part of Salford, and I will also add United was formed in Manchester unlike City founded in Gorton outside of the city of Manchester so what's your point, United the true Manchester club.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nev said:

Manchester used to be part of Salford, and I will also add United was formed in Manchester unlike City founded in Gorton outside of the city of Manchester so what's your point, United the true Manchester club.

Where is OT nev? and where is the Etihad?

Whilst United fans call us things like "likkle club in Manchester" I will respond with facts. The main fact being OT is not in Manchester but Greater Manchester and the Etihad is in Manchester

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Where is OT nev? and where is the Etihad?

Whilst United fans call us things like "likkle club in Manchester" I will respond with facts. The main fact being OT is not in Manchester but Greater Manchester and the Etihad is in Manchester

Its in Salford!!