Manchester City

mrbojangles

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No 'lords major parade' but 'a walk in the park'.

It's times like this that jadon sancho will be thinking he made the right move. Foden will be wondering is he simply a poster boy for a forgotten youth system.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Still a lot of bitterness posts from the scouse contingent I see. Talking about some empty seats and youth system. Give it a rest <deleted>, we have won the prem, show a bit of class or stick to posting in your own thread

Mine was merely an observational fact. I’ve not posted anything bitter. Don’t include me in RC’s carpet bombing, lad’s on a rampage ?

• Like 2

Bob, you seem to have a very keen interest in empty seats. I hope that interest extends to Anfield as well.

Etihad Capacity 55,097
Premier - City 5  v 0 Liverpool Attendance:54,172 [empty seats 925 or 1.68%]
CL - City 1 v 2 Liverpool Attendance:53,461 [empty seats 1636 or 2.97%]
Premier - City 2 v 3 ManU Attendance:54,259 [empty seats 838 or 1.52%]
Premier - City 5 v 0 Swansea Attendance:54,387 [empty seats 710 or 1.28% - DECENT]

Anfield capacity 54,070
Premier - Liverpool 4 v 3 City Attendance:53,285 [empty seats 785 or 1.45%]
Premier - Liverpool 0 v 0 ManU Attendance:52,912 [empty seats 1158 or 2.14%]
CL - Liverpool 3 v 0 City Attendance:50,685 [empty seats 3385 or 6.26%]

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's times like this that jadon sancho will be thinking he made the right move. Foden will be wondering is he simply a poster boy for a forgotten youth system.

Not clear to me what your post is intended to say?

18 year old Jadon Sancho is a left-winger that City picked up from Watford as a 14 year old. He was highly rated by City. Pep didn't take him on our pre-season tour so Jadon spat the dummy and went on strike, refusing to play for City and wanting a move - poor attitude! City had no choice but to sell him on. He joined Dortmund. He's made 9 appearances in the Bundesliga for Dortmund. A case of not wanting to compete for the position at City with 22 year old Leroy Sané!

17 year old Stockport-born Man City-supporting Phil Foden has made 4 appearances for City this season.  Highly rated and well thought of at City. Like all youngsters (at all clubs), if he's good enough - and he looks it - he will make it at City, if he's not, he will be sold on at a profit. He had an excellent performance in yesterday's game didn't he R2D2!

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Nice home coming for the Champions, empty seats everywhere ??

They have cut their open top parade down to 800 m to make it look packed ?, by the way United's last one was 3.1ks.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

Well done and well deserved....:thumbsup:

shocked to see soooo many empty seats.....crowd figure way over estimated IMHO :sorry:

Cheers Peter.

Don't worry about a few empty seats. One day we fill the stadium just like United last week V West Brom

united.jpg

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cheers Peter.

Don't worry about a few empty seats. One day we fill the stadium just like United last week V West Brom

united.jpg

Incidentally, the attendance at that ManU 0 v 1 WBA game, as reported on ManU's website, was 75,095. Everywere i've looked the Old Trafford capacity is only 74,994! :post-4641-1156693976:

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Cheers Peter.

united.jpg

You lot aren't the brightest are you? If you look at the scoreboard you will see 0:00 - that means the game was in injury time. People leave early at every PL ground, not just OT. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You lot aren't the brightest are you? If you look at the scoreboard you will see 0:00 - that means the game was in injury time. People leave early at every PL ground, not just OT. 

Wasn't me who started slagging off empty seats. So don't go all defensive when mud is thrown back. The fact is, the game was still going on and the fact that you were only 0-1 down meant that you could have still equalised. Different if you'd been 2 or 3 down but only 1. Come on!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The Etihad has been known as Emptyhad for quite some time now......but take nothing away from City`s performances this season in the main excellent......Pep has won his first league title here yet I can imagine his thoughts looking round the ground and seeing soooo many vacant seats,a bit of a difference to his Barca and Bayern days...pathetic really :sad:

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wasn't me who started slagging off empty seats. So don't go all defensive when mud is thrown back. The fact is, the game was still going on and the fact that you were only 0-1 down meant that you could have still equalised. Different if you'd been 2 or 3 down but only 1. Come on!

Empty seats from kick off and people leaving early are two different things. 

Yes you could argue they should have stayed, equally we were that dreadful I don't blame them too much. Especially as we aren't in a title race. 

Either way, people leaving early isn't something exclusive to OT, happens everywhere. 

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here you go Bob.

BBC match report Attendance:54,387

Wiki
55,097 Etihad Stadium, Capacity

710 seats (1.28%).

Petermilk and Ricky I'm guessing you didn't read the above post. Yes there were 710 empty seats. Like all clubs, including ManU, City don't sell 100% capacity and not everybody who has a season ticket turns up. We also don't get as many tourist fans as the likes of Liverpool and ManU.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The Etihad has been known as Emptyhad for quite some time now......but take nothing away from City`s performances this season in the main excellent......Pep has won his first league title here yet I can imagine his thoughts looking round the ground and seeing soooo many vacant seats,a bit of a difference to his Barca and Bayern days...pathetic really :sad:

1. Known as the emptyhad by whom? Knobheads who support other clubs and have no idea.

2. Do you really think that Pep was thinking that? Oh yeah.

Instead of myths, a few facts about the Etihad.

City moved in to the Etihad with a capacity of 48,000.

During 2011–14, the club sold all 36,000 of its allocated season tickets each season and experienced an average match attendance that is very close to its maximum seating capacity. Consequently, during the 2014–15 season, an expansion of the stadium was undertaken (south stand)...increased the stadium capacity its domestic football capacity of 55,097.

When the last phase is completed (north stand - it's on top of our old street!) it will bring the stadium's total seating capacity up to approximately 61,000.

Screenshot_2018-04-23-19-34-17.png

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I've been to OT several times Kadillo, there ain't room to hide your Sushi under those seats never mind a person. Squeeze em in like sardines

I haven't been since the 80's when I was standing in the away end getting spat on from the Utd fans above and peppered with golf balls from the side. The good old days. Strangely enough never been back. 

On 23/04/2018 at 11:20 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Petermilk and Ricky I'm guessing you didn't read the above post. Yes there were 710 empty seats. Like all clubs, including ManU, City don't sell 100% capacity and not everybody who has a season ticket turns up. We also don't get as many tourist fans as the likes of Liverpool and ManU.

BB

On local Manchester radio City have to advertise tickets for sale at each and every home game in the hope they may fill the ground,fact.....if you have any friends back in Manchester ask them they will confirm....710 empty seats? no way.....much much more.....when lowly  Blackburn won the Prem  the ground was full and thousands locked out.....when City win it they cannot fill the ground even though it was reported 5,000 cardboard cut outs were put into strategic positions throughout the ground.

As I stated before what must Pep AND the players thought when taking the field and seeing ALL those empty seats :whistling:

The Etihad was renamed Emptyhad some time ago....nothing new in that one....you need to get more up to date on all things City related.

The football they have played this season deserves better supporters IMHO :thumbsup:

On 4/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

That's because you do not have the rich history we have and your a crappy little club with a lot of dough so you buy the title and I would not be surprised if you paid fans to attend. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, petermik said:

BB

On local Manchester radio City have to advertise tickets for sale at each and every home game in the hope they may fill the ground,fact.....if you have any friends back in Manchester ask them they will confirm....710 empty seats? no way.....much much more.....when lowly  Blackburn won the Prem  the ground was full and thousands locked out.....when City win it they cannot fill the ground even though it was reported 5,000 cardboard cut outs were put into strategic positions throughout the ground.

As I stated before what must Pep AND the players thought when taking the field and seeing ALL those empty seats :whistling:

The Etihad was renamed Emptyhad some time ago....nothing new in that one....you need to get more up to date on all things City related.

The football they have played this season deserves better supporters IMHO :thumbsup:

Are you still labouring the point that City have empty seats, Jesus wept, more '14year old playground who can pisser higher' crap on TV forum.

1. ALL CLUBS have some empty seats - nobody sells 100% of the stadium seating capacity, not even ManU - see table below.

Looking at some of your recent games this season, picked randomly, look at the EMPTY seats, shock horror!

Man Utd 2 v 1 Liverpool 74,855; capacity 75,731 = 876 EMPTY seats FOR YOUR LOCAL DERBY, shocking!

Man Utd 1 v 2 Sevilla 74,909; capacity 75,731 = 822 EMPTY seats

Attendance:74,855

2. "Modern day attendances are based on the number of tickets sold as opposed to the number of bums on seats which means the figures released are not a true reflection of the number of people in each ground.

3. Our capacity is 55k, we have 40k season ticket holders (73%) -  - see table below - so yes of course City will try adverting/selling match tickets. ManU's capacity is 75k, you have 55k season ticket holders (73%) - so ManU don't try adverting/selling match tickets?

4. Yes i still have family and friends back home; some season ticket holders, some pay-by-game.

I don't think you have to worry yourself about liccle old City, we're doing just fine.

Average-Premier-League-Attendances-10-03-2017-898x989.png

2016-17 season ticket holders.jpg

Edited by Bredbury Blue