Manchester City

mrbojangles

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He is one of those after dinner speakers whose stories I always take with a massive pinch of salt. 

Ince was a great player who went abroad and made it. For that I respect him. I don't really care if he's a great human being. I don't plan to date him. 

i should hope not, you can't even spell his self-awarded nickname right. he'd probably take that personally and get annoyed if he wasn't such a massive fanny.

• Haha 1

Bloody discussing no-neck Ince on this thread! Grr!

Been keeping an eye on Edin of late as he bangs the goals in.

With City he scored 72 goals in 178 matches. At Roma he has 78 goals in 148 matches - more than one goal every two games...IN ITALY! Impressive.

Great to see him doing so well as the main man at Roma. Surprised no one has come in for him.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bloody discussing no-neck Ince on this thread! Grr!

Been keeping an eye on Edin of late as he bangs the goals in.

With City he scored 72 goals in 178 matches. At Roma he has 78 goals in 148 matches - more than one goal every two games...IN ITALY! Impressive.

Great to see him doing so well as the main man at Roma. Surprised no one has come in for him.

See a quote today that he would like to connect back sometime. He’s 32 so be good to see him back. Take note Pellegrini. Would fit like a glove ????

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

See a quote today that he would like to connect back sometime. He’s 32 so be good to see him back. Take note Pellegrini. Would fit like a glove ????

Dzeko was signed by Mancini and Pellegrini was the one who sold him for a mere 14m pounds. Once when Dzeko was asked about his time at City he said he loved but when asked about working for Pellegrini he said "ok". I don't think pellegrini would re-sign Dzeko but you never know

• Like 1

Interesting article on the top 6 clubs selling on academy players; another decent source of revenue for City.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-how-much-big-six-13429405

City have brought in an estimated £71million for players that have made 10 or fewer senior appearances over the last four seasons, £45million of which was for players who hadn’t made any.

Angus Gunn cost Southampton a reported £13.5million. Jason Denayer cost Lyon £11.8million, while Rony Lopes cost Monaco £9million and Pablo Maffeo cost Stuttgart £8.1million. Sancho cost Dortmund£8million [pretty sure I've read City have a buy-back clause on all of those players - in the news this week about Sancho's buy-back).

10 or fewer first team appearances
Arsenal - £11,640,000
Chelsea - £6,550,851
Liverpool - £3,310,000
Manchester City - £70,672,876
Manchester United - £9,752,000
Tottenham Hotspur - £11,788,527

Grand total - £113,714,254

No senior appearances
Arsenal - £6,800,000
Chelsea - £3,040,000
Liverpool - £360,000
Manchester City - £44,472,876
Manchester United - £7,122,000
Tottenham Hotspur - £3,038,527
Grand total - £64,833,403

If you good enough you'll  make City's first team/squad. If you not quite good enough for the first team/squad you'll be sold on for profit. The rest will be sold on for minor profit or released.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Sun claiming that Ajax would be more interested in a deal for Frenkie de Jong if City were willing to offer Ilkay Gundogan in return. I like Gundogan and when you give him time and space he's a top player, but he struggles with the pace and the aggression of the Premier; he's just not physical enough. Maybe we can fob them off with Mangala and Danilo in part ex for FdJ.

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Interesting stats, particularly Liverpool's: 

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

Relatively meaningless in the case of Spurs because the Met are constantly stopping us using the entire capacity of the top tier for a number of reasons.  

Got bored so i read your post if you were wondering and tbh theres notch to be written into those stats at all if they are the clubs figures.  Its the police figures that are to go by.

Popped up on the wife's FaceTube page that 4 years ago we were at this game.

Spurs actually started the better, were threatening and looked very dangerous up top. The record book shows it to have been Aguero's day but i don't remember it as one of his best performances. It was a cracking game: took the wife and my two lads, think all the 4 tickets cost about 150 quid. 

Check out the squads...both have changed considerably.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/29580245

Screenshot_2018-10-18-13-23-01.png

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Tommy Doyle has signed a professional contract with Manchester City after turning 17 – he's supposedly one of England's best midfielders of his age group, likened to Stevie 'whoops-a-daisy' Gerrard.

The England under-17 midfielder is the grandson of TWO City legends – Mike Doyle (paternal grandfather) and Glyn Pardoe (grandfather on his mother’s side); Alan Oakes, City's holder for most appearances is Pardoe's cousin. Decent footballing genes. Colin 'Uwe's Grandad bombed Old Trafford' Rosler is a teammate (named after King Colin).

Doyle has predominantly featured for City’s under-18 side (playing against older kids) to date but also appeared for the under-19s in the UEFA Youth League.

Fingers crossed he turns out as decent as any of his three relatives were from our '68 Champions team and in to the mid70s.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

M.E.N. Sport surveyed supporters on Thursday asking which position, if any, needed strengthening at City midway through the season.

986 fans responded to the Twitter survey with a staggering 67 per cent of them suggesting a new midfielder was needed in the winter window.

"Fernandinho really, really needs a natural substitute. He seems tiring to me."

City are yet to replace Yaya Toure and are still in search of a long-term successor to Fernandinho. 

Can't disagree with that. We had Fernando and Fernandinho for the defensive midfield position, got rid of Fernando a while back who wasn't replaced, got rid of Yaya who sometimes played there, Delph who could play there never gets a go so it all comes down to Fernandinho to fill that position and he hasn't looked anywhere near last season's form. This and having no experienced no.2 goalie is our biggest concern.

We're also still a fullback short - Mendy gets injured a lot, Danilo looks to be out again with this week's ankle ligament injury, stand-in Delph is injured a lot leaving us only with one recognised fit fullback in Walker.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

M.E.N. Sport surveyed supporters on Thursday asking which position, if any, needed strengthening at City midway through the season.

986 fans responded to the Twitter survey with a staggering 67 per cent of them suggesting a new midfielder was needed in the winter window.

City are yet to replace Yaya Toure and are still in search of a long-term successor to Fernandinho. 

Can't disagree with that. We had Fernando and Fernandinho for the defensive midfield position, got rid of Fernando a while back who wasn't replaced, got rid of Yaya who sometimes played there, Delph who could play there never gets a go so it all comes down to Fernandinho to fill that position and he hasn't looked anywhere near last season's form. This and having no experienced no.2 goalie is our biggest concern.

We're also still a fullback short - Mendy gets injured a lot, Danilo looks to be out again with this week's ankle ligament injury, stand-in Delph is injured a lot leaving us only with one recognised fit fullback in Walker.

Need a decent penalty taker as back up too. Skiiies it

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Should have bought Axel Witsel to cover/replace Fernandinho. He went to Dortmund who are doing rather well in Germany (top?).

• Like 1

Decent 2nd half.

We seem to be a 2nd half team: I'd like to see our 1st vs 2nd half comparison during Peps tenure.

Pluses:

5 different players scored.

KdB returned and looked like he hadn't been away.

Merlin was excellent.

Mahrez looked comfortable in sky blue for the 1st time.

Foden had his best game.

Ederson had a little to do but had a very decent game.

20 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Didn't see the game as the Athens bar I found offered the Chelsea match, and then naught. Sounds like City ran roughshod !

Goal difference starting to increase !:smile:

Toilet of a place as I'm sure you are discovering. :biggrin:

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Toilet of a place as I'm sure you are discovering. :biggrin:

Only been 2 days. I like the Pagrati area where I'm staying. Overall looks like a combo of Buenos Aires and Istanbul...maybe.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes their fans are a disgrace I agree with Pep. :w00t::laugh:

It's not just that though. They know they gotta get past us and that's not likely to happen. They wanna get to the semis and be done with it, like Spurs in the facup

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It's not just that though. They know they gotta get past us and that's not likely to happen. They wanna get to the semis and be done with it, like Spurs in the facup

In two leg ties usually the better team will progress....the FA Cup always throws up surprises....just needs one team to put in a storming unusually excellent performance on the day.