Manchester City

mrbojangles

Tick tock ;)

Showing your obvious lack of knowledge and naivety when it comes to English football!!! :rolleyes:

Did you see the team that played last night? Guarantee you will not have heard of half the players.

We are 4th in the league, top of our qualifying group in Europe. So dont you worry, genius.

I would have preferred him playing a stronger 11, but with games against Chelsea and Juventus over the next week, you have to make a decision on what your priorities are for the season.

United obviously realise that the Champions League is way out of their reach this year, and its doubtful that they will finish top 3 this year, so they have their agenda. Each to its own.

Take no notice jack. James had never even heard of "tick tock" an the fact that the scum have a big clock, until I told him about it. ;)

Edited by mrbojangles

city doing what city do best.

We fielded a bunch of unknown youngsters against a Premiership team, away from home and let in 2 goals. You lot went behind and let 2 goals in against Scunthorpe <deleted>. Get a grip nev. Your performance last night wasn't anything to come in here and gloat about.

What's that clock ticking now, 35 or 36 Mr BJ, please tell me all about it when you have a moment.

it's 34 james. Which is probably about 32 years longer than you have been a United fan

I must admit - I was around 9 years old the last time it happened. I asked my dad what was all the bitter noise and celebration. He said don't worry about it son, you aren't likely to hear it again until your older than me. Wise man my father. ;)

city doing what city do best.

We fielded a bunch of unknown youngsters against a Premiership team, away from home and let in 2 goals. You lot went behind and let 2 goals in against Scunthorpe <deleted>. Get a grip nev. Your performance last night wasn't anything to come in here and gloat about.

Commenting on a united game you did not watch and no jack shit about,we played excellent football last night and they only got there 2nd at the death.you city are so arrogant won nowt for 34 years and you play your reserves in a cup and a cup that could have been your only chane of taking the banner down in the stretty.

You have the supposed strongest squad in the league and you go out to west brom at the first hurdle.

City a small time club.

So is it some kind of result that you let 2 in against a premier league side and we lost,and we let two in at little scun :rolleyes: ny and won :rolleyes:

Get a grip man you are loosing it :jap: :lol:

Tick tock ;)

Showing your obvious lack of knowledge and naivety when it comes to English football!!! :rolleyes:

Did you see the team that played last night? Guarantee you will not have heard of half the players.

We are 4th in the league, top of our qualifying group in Europe. So dont you worry, genius.

I would have preferred him playing a stronger 11, but with games against Chelsea and Juventus over the next week, you have to make a decision on what your priorities are for the season.

United obviously realise that the Champions League is way out of their reach this year, and its doubtful that they will finish top 3 this year, so they have their agenda. Each to its own.

This post smacks of we have money now but no class and are that good we can throw the chance of silverware even though we have the strongest squad in the league.

United not finishing in the top three is this comedy central on here now

As for champions league i will give you that as i agree we are not strong enough,but hey we are in it at least :D

Commenting on a united game you did not watch and no jack shit about,we played excellent football last night and they only got there 2nd at the death.

Oh I'm sorry nev. Did I comment on a United game I didn't watch. You obviously must have watched the City game, as you came on here commenting first. All I did was to look at the team you lot put out and if you think with that team, letting two goals in from Scunny is acceptable. So be it.

you city are so arrogant won nowt for 34 years and you play your reserves in a cup and a cup that could have been your only chane of taking the banner down in the stretty.

We have Chelsea on saturday and Juventus next week and have a bit of an injury crisis at the minute. What should he have done? However, our reasons aside, for years United have played the young uns in the League Cup and now we do it, we're arrogant. Pur-lease, you contradicting numpty nut, give me a break.

City a small time club.

Now your sounding like that red nosed Scottish git. You must also be worried ;)

Commenting on a united game you did not watch and no jack shit about,we played excellent football last night and they only got there 2nd at the death.

Oh I'm sorry nev. Did I comment on a United game I didn't watch. You obviously must have watched the City game, as you came on here commenting first. All I did was to look at the team you lot put out and if you think with that team, letting two goals in from Scunny is acceptable. So be it.

you city are so arrogant won nowt for 34 years and you play your reserves in a cup and a cup that could have been your only chane of taking the banner down in the stretty.

We have Chelsea on saturday and Juventus next week and have a bit of an injury crisis at the minute. What should he have done? However, our reasons aside, for years United have played the young uns in the League Cup and now we do it, we're arrogant. Pur-lease, you contradicting numpty nut, give me a break.

Yes we have played weaker teams in the carling cup not denying that but we have won it 3 times in the last 4 years not bad hey.

Yes you have chelsea but come on a injury crisis pmsl no excuse.

Come on mate admit you are gutted you are out or you should be :D

City a small time club.

Now your sounding like that red nosed Scottish git. You must also be worried ;)

From skysports:-

Mancini - No regrets

City boss does not lament changes to side

Roberto Mancini insists he has no regrets after seeing his under-strength Manchester City side crash out of the Carling Cup 2-1 at West Brom.

Despite taking a half-time lead at West Brom through Jo, City were overthrown by two goals in as many minutes in the second half.

City boss Mancini selected six youngsters in his starting XI for the clash, but insists he had no choice with Saturday's Premier League meeting against Chelsea at Eastlands looming.

"I don't regret making the changes," he said. "I have big problems at the moment and we couldn't take any risks.

"If I had more players available it would be a different team.

"But when you play like us and Chelsea, on Saturday at 12.45, the time to recover is very short.

"They would need minimum three days so to play tonight would have been dangerous."

There is a school of thought that feels Mancini would have been better served in the long run fielding his strongest side on Wednesday evening, then assessing what he had left for Chelsea.

But Mancini disagrees, adding: "Saturday is more important, the FA Cup is more important. The Europa League is more important.

"I did not regard this as a necessary sacrifice. We wanted to win. That is why I had four senior players on the bench.

"But I knew there was a chance we could lose because we started with six young players.

"I am happy with these guys. We might have lost the game but they can improve. If they do not play tonight, when will they ever play?"

I know that talking up opposing teams is a common tactic in terms of playing mind games, but even that considered, telling the opposition that you think they will easily win the title seems just a little too gushing and ingratiating for my own stomach. Or perhaps Mancini is taking out insurance should his team be on the end of another Chelsea rout. I hope not. Be nice to see them tested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9031748.stm

Man City boss Roberto Mancini expects Chelsea title win

Well done city good win.

Serious title challengers now :rolleyes:

Impressive win that was! I thought Chelsea were looking untouchable before today.

Cheers Devil. To say we were down to our last 11 fit players, I was really happy with the performance and work rate.

I'll take the compliment off nev too. But.....the sceptic in me thinks there is a tad of sarcasm there :D

Two of us (neutrals) watched the game and we both thought that Mancini's team resembles that of Don Revie's Leeds of the 1970's. Not beautiful to watch but effective

Being neutral too & havin to keep my City Mate fully up to date with the Game that he missed that if he didn't, would have resulted in his divorce, i did say to him that you are very defensive but at the end of the day it's a tactic that can work foor you against the better Teams in teh League l;ike teh Chelsea's & Arsenal's of this World & even to a lesser extent, Tottingham..:D

You have the Players at the other end who can do damage but i think your Season will depend on yoru ability tto really open Teams up when they come & shut up shop you know, a bit like last Year with your draws but i think you can do it this year & hope you do..

I have to say though, for all the big names that you have, that fcukign Vincent Kompany is one of the best Defenders, in my opinion, in the Premiership & i was very impressed with him last Season but this Season, today & at <deleted> Fart Lane earlier, the Fella was awesome..

Edited by MSingh

I lived near Genova in the 1980s and used to go and watch Sampdoria. They had some flair players and a shit tough defense. Mancini was the leader of that team in more ways than one.

He is trying to emulate that team at city butt I think it will take him too long to do and the owners will lose patience

In fairness guys, that formation was out of desperation as we only had 11 fit players. The rest were either injured or just coming back from an injury. Up until now, we have been playing quite attacking football. It was wise to change tactics against Chelsea.

Was that not the same formation that you have played in a majority of your games ? ie 3 defensive midfield players and relying on a breakaway ;)

In fairness guys, that formation was out of desperation as we only had 11 fit players. The rest were either injured or just coming back from an injury. Up until now, we have been playing quite attacking football. It was wise to change tactics against Chelsea.

Who impressed me was your young RB. No wonder Richards was ill ;)

Well done city good win.

Serious title challengers now :rolleyes:

Impressive win that was! I thought Chelsea were looking untouchable before today.

Cheers Devil. To say we were down to our last 11 fit players, I was really happy with the performance and work rate.

I'll take the compliment off nev too. But.....the sceptic in me thinks there is a tad of sarcasm there :D

:annoyed: no sarcasm you played well and you need to show that commitment the whole season and i can see you in the top 4 you look solid at the back not like us at the moment and the only thing i reckon you have to worry about is scoring,what 7 goals in 6 games and 3 was against a piss poor liverpool and tevez's goal he looked like he was running in quicksand and only swung a leg at the ball when he was knackered :lol: