Manchester City

mrbojangles

no sarcasm you played well and you need to show that commitment the whole season and i can see you in the top 4 you look solid at the back not like us at the moment and the only thing i reckon you have to worry about is scoring,

It started so well nev. Compliments and everything.

what 7 goals in 6 games and 3 was against a piss poor liverpool and tevez's goal he looked like he was running in quicksand and only swung a leg at the ball when he was knackered :lol:

And then....revert to natural self :D

In fairness guys, that formation was out of desperation as we only had 11 fit players. The rest were either injured or just coming back from an injury. Up until now, we have been playing quite attacking football. It was wise to change tactics against Chelsea.

Who impressed me was your young RB. No wonder Richards was ill ;)

Yeah, Boyata played his socks off and apart from a couple errors (which he was lucky to get away with) he played brilliantly.

In fairness guys, that formation was out of desperation as we only had 11 fit players. The rest were either injured or just coming back from an injury. Up until now, we have been playing quite attacking football. It was wise to change tactics against Chelsea.

Who impressed me was your young RB. No wonder Richards was ill ;)

Yeah, Boyata played his socks off and apart from a couple errors (which he was lucky to get away with) he played brilliantly.

All the more impressive, because all his career for both City youth and Belgium U 21, he has played centre half.

Still think we let Onuoha go too quickly..

All the more impressive, because all his career for both City youth and Belgium U 21, he has played centre half.

Still think we let Onuoha go too quickly..

Yep. Don't know what was behind the Onouha decision. Big mistake IMO

Edited by mrbojangles

no sarcasm you played well and you need to show that commitment the whole season and i can see you in the top 4 you look solid at the back not like us at the moment and the only thing i reckon you have to worry about is scoring,

It started so well nev. Compliments and everything.

what 7 goals in 6 games and 3 was against a piss poor liverpool and tevez's goal he looked like he was running in quicksand and only swung a leg at the ball when he was knackered :lol:

But those are facts mate 7 goals in 6 games is not good enough if tevez gets injured where are your goals going to come from?

But those are facts mate 7 goals in 6 games is not good enough if tevez gets injured where are your goals going to come from?

Of course we wouldn't want to be without Tevez nev but when we have the other players back at full fitness, we have a pretty good line up of players who are well capable of scoring.

To name some of the players who can bag a goal:- Adebayor, Johnson, Balotelli, Silva, Sean WP, even Jo and Santa Cruz can score (even though that is the position they are paid to play :D )

I'm pretty happy at the moment with the way things are going, to be honest. We are only 6 games into the season and out of those 6 games we have played 3 of the teams considered to be the toughest and come out of them with 2 wins and a draw. Not bad for a team who hasn't even gelled yet. Wait till we do ;)

From the Man City web-site:-

Brian Kidd has hailed City's fighting spirit after Newcastle pushed the Blues all the way in a festy encounter at the CoMS.

The Blues' assistant manager recognised that the 2-1 win over the Magpies wasn't a game that will have City fans demanding a release on DVD, but the end result is the most important fact on a largely frustrating afternoon.

"If you want to be in contention to win the Premier League you've got to be able to play, fight and dig results out and win ugly and I think we saw bits of all those qualities today," said Kidd.

"All credit to Newcastle who I though were terrific today. We weren't really at the races in the first half, but the players all knew that and their response after the break was terrific.

"I thinkl three games in a week took their toll somewhat, but top teams have to cope with that and occasionally you will get performances that look a little lacklustre, but the best teams respond and dig results out, which is what we did today.

"We've gone second in the table and while the game might not have been for the purist, it was pleasing that we stuck at it and came away with three points. We've got a lot of substance in the squad now and after today's performance, I know this team have a real chance this season.

"When you look at our bench, it's only going to get stronger in the next few weeks so when everyone is fit, we've players in all positions who can change a game."

Kidd also believes City boss Roberto Mancini - who went straight to Italy for family reasons afterwards - deserves praise for his tactical switches during the match.

He said: "I think the boss deserves great credit today because he changed things around a few times and then brings on Adam, who comes up with the winner. We went for it and despite things not going our way, we weren't prepared to settle for a draw and it paid off, so happy days!"

Brian Kidd has hailed City's fighting spirit

I hope he isnt meaning that about De Jong, he's a disgrace that was one of them challenges to let Ben Arfa know he's going to be in a battle, and he done him good and proper, hes deliberately broke a few legs now the talentless thug.

Edited by Englander

I hope he isnt meaning that about De Jong, he's a disgrace that was one of them challenges to let Ben Arfa know he's going to be in a battle, and he done him good and proper, hes deliberately broke a few legs now the talentless thug.

Give over. There was no intent to harm anyone in that challenge. Nobody even mentioned it was even a foul until the guy didn't get up. These types of things happen.

don't agree boj, i think someone on city's coaching staff had clearly identified ben arfa as the barcodes' danger man and told de jong to stick a reducer on him early on. don't think he meant to break his leg, but he definitely went in to let him know he was there. de jong's a nasty bit of work.

I think De Jong's a hard Player but that link that Englander posted against the Ynaks wasn't a bad tackle.. Haven't seen yesterday's Ben Arfu tackle yet though..

He had both his legs wrapped around him, it was as StevieH said a definite attempt to do him early in the game to let him know he was there, and it seems as if hes ended his season.

If it had been Barton on A Johnson itd be classed as assault.

For that link put the video to full screen then watch the ball and watch De Jong he goes in with his studs up aimed at the players legs and he achieved his sole intention of doing him

Id sooner see ManCity win the league then Chelsea but for 300 million pounds youd expect a little more finesse.

Edited by Englander

Oh sh1t, now Newcastle will never raise the option for buying him at the end of the season sad.gifshock1.gif

de Jong should be condemned to pay the potential transfer fee to Marseilles for what he has done! 1zgarz5.gif. So Newcastle can keep it and he does not come back biggrin.gif

Jokes aside, I wonder how a tackle like this one can be considered as a not being worth of a yellow (or even red) card... and it seems the Dutch National Team coach has issues too in understanding that too...

"The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him these days."

Good to see the Dutch manager take action and drop him.

NIGEL DE Jong has been axed from the Holland squad following his shocking tackle on Hatem Ben Arfa.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk has dropped midfielder Nigel de Jong from his squad for the forthcoming Euro 2012 qualifying matches against Moldavia in Chisinau on Friday, October 8, and Sweden at the Amsterdam ArenA on Tuesday, October 12. Van Marwijk has explained his reasons during a private conversation with Manchester City player.

De Jong committed a horror tackle on Newcastle player Ben Arfa who was stretchered off the pitch yesterday.

Van Marwijk had already discussed De Jong´s behaviour on the field a number of times, following harsh tackles and reckless fouls.

Van Marwijk: "I've just informed the squad and told them I had no other options. I will see Nigel shortly and talk to him. For now, the focus will be on two crucial qualifying games."

Meanwhile De Jong has also came under fire in Holland in the media.

Sparta Rotterdam boss Jan Everse declared: "He needs to see a mental doctor."

And TV pundit Hugo Vorst said: "De Jong is a criminal who needs to be dragged out of football."

Read More http://www.chronicle...?#ixzz11OTx11yQ

Same thing should happen to the referee.

Edited by Englander

Good to see the Dutch manager take action and drop him.

NIGEL DE Jong has been axed from the Holland squad following his shocking tackle on Hatem Ben Arfa.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk has dropped midfielder Nigel de Jong from his squad for the forthcoming Euro 2012 qualifying matches against Moldavia in Chisinau on Friday, October 8, and Sweden at the Amsterdam ArenA on Tuesday, October 12. Van Marwijk has explained his reasons during a private conversation with Manchester City player.

De Jong committed a horror tackle on Newcastle player Ben Arfa who was stretchered off the pitch yesterday.

Van Marwijk had already discussed De Jong´s behaviour on the field a number of times, following harsh tackles and reckless fouls.

Van Marwijk: "I've just informed the squad and told them I had no other options. I will see Nigel shortly and talk to him. For now, the focus will be on two crucial qualifying games."

Meanwhile De Jong has also came under fire in Holland in the media.

Sparta Rotterdam boss Jan Everse declared: "He needs to see a mental doctor."

And TV pundit Hugo Vorst said: "De Jong is a criminal who needs to be dragged out of football."

Read More

Same thing should happen to the referee.

Wow, that puts a different angle on it..

Did not see the tackle until later i watched majung they had a eric clapton special on which>city

After watching later it looked a shockker should have been a red.

Why am I not surprised nev. Of course a United player has never committed a bad tackle eh ;)

Anyway, how does it feel to be looking up the table at us :D

I'm gonna get them in while I can. ;)

Give over. There was no intent to harm anyone in that challenge. Nobody even mentioned it was even a foul until the guy didn't get up. These types of things happen.

There's a difference between going in for the ball and accidently catching the player and going for the ball knowing full well that you are going smash the player in the follow through as in this case, that might have been acceptable in the old days but not now.

Refs will have his card marked from now on so he wont get away with too many more.

Edited by alfieconn

Anyway, how does it feel to be looking up the table at us :D

1st time for 20 years.

The way city fans have been going on about getting above us in the table you would think they have won something

Long way to go mate ;)

Long way to go mate ;)

I know nev. But you can't blame me for gloating, there haven't been many opportunities.

Yes mate i feel your pain for the last 34 years enjoy it while you can mate ;)

Tevez and Mancini in dressing room bust-up

By ESPNsoccernet staff

October 5, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini and captain Carlos Tevez were involved in a heated bust-up at half time in their side's 2-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday, according to reports.

GettyImages

Carlos Tevez: Unhappy at Roberto Mancini's negative tactics

• Essien: City are our biggest threat

Tevez was reportedly unhappy at Mancini's negative tactics and spoke out while the Italian boss was berating the players in the dressing room for their poor first-half performance with the score at 1-1 at Eastlands.

Mancini took exception to having his authority undermined and the situation escalated into a shouting match where Mancini demanded Tevez follow his instructions as manager.

Tevez had scored from a penalty in the first half and City went on to win the match 2-1 thanks to a piece of individual brilliance from substitute Adam Johnson but the argument threatens to derail City's strong start to the season, which sees them in second place after seven matches. It's the latest in a series of rows between Tevez and Mancini. The striker last season questioned the club's decision to sack Mancini's predecessor Mark Hughes and complained about the heavy workload of Mancini's training regime.

City's mean defence, which has conceded just three goals in seven matches, is the main factor behind their good results so far this term. But the team is so solid because Mancini's formation features just two wingers in support of Tevez up front, meaning there is a heavy reliance on the Argentine's famous workrate and a lack of service to Tevez, which is reportedly what angered the striker.

Tevez is away on national team duty for Argentina's friendly in Japan on Friday and Mancini will then have next week to sort out his relationship with his captain ahead of City's visit to Blackpool on October 17.

There's a difference between going in for the ball and accidently catching the player and going for the ball knowing full well that you are going smash the player in the follow through as in this case, that might have been acceptable in the old days but not now.

Refs will have his card marked from now on so he wont get away with too many more.

I've just seen it for the first time, the Right Leg was there & done what it done, motion wise, to hurt him, without doubt in my eyes..

Bad Tackle for me, but this one below makes De Jong's look like an Aaron lennon tackle..:unsure: