Manchester City

mrbojangles

joe hart been shit tonight ... whistling.gif

Tad unfair I think....Ronaldo should have scored though. Silva and Aguero look sharp. Citeh will get beat 4-1 I reckon.

5555 City defence and keeper is costing them the game in all truth and yea should have score the chip over the keeper goal but the defence saved him with that ... coffee1.gif

Can City still make the europa league? really want them to get in this prestigious tournament biggrin.png

OH hang on i just read they have Dortmund away next, better luck next season then, taxi for Mancini?

Edited by nev

Look at the mincer slouching in his chair.....

Then watch Mourinho prowling along the touchline.....

Who would you put your money on winning the tactical battle?

Good observation. Its as much psychological though as anything else. I know this is going to upset Jack but Mancini just isn't good enough to take them to the next level that Sheik Bin Loadsacash wants City to get to.

If i were City manager and i knew i needed to win a game and the scores were level i'd rather have Sergio Aguero playing with a broken leg than the slightly better than average midfielder, James Milner.

Reminds me of winning tactical battles a la Graham Taylor when he subbed Lineker because we needed to score!

Edited by carmine

Good observation. Its as much psychological though as anything else. I know this is going to upset Jack but Mancini just isn't good enough to take them to the next level that Sheik Bin Loadsacash wants City to get to.

If i were City manager and i knew i needed to win a game and the scores were level i'd rather have Sergio Aguero playing with a broken leg than the slightly better than average midfielder, James Milner.

Reminds me of winning tactical battles a la Graham Taylor when he subbed Lineker because we needed to score!

Yes Mancini will be the next to get the boot from a high profile club (crikey, nearly said big club there) !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

How how times have changed

Let's go over to the Etihad Stadium where Real Madrid are taking on the richest club in the world......."

For most of post-war history the entities of Real Madrid and 'richest club in the world' were one & the same.

Yes Mancini will be the next to get the boot from a high profile club (crikey, nearly said big club there) !

Wont happen. Our owners have got brains, not like Abramovich.

I would be amazed if they sacked Mancini.

I still think they will win the League. Maybe they can beat Dortmund, (who have already qualified) and we can have a run at the UEFA cup. Not making excuses, but that group was always going to be a nightmare to get out of. Every season I am seeing improvement. As long as we are improving and playing entertaining football AND winning, I will be a supporter of Mancini.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I totally disagree on seeing improvement this season. In my opinion you are no better than last season at all, if anything you have looked stagnant without Silva.

agree, think city were a better side last season. they're much too shaky at the back this term.

also don't think you'll win the league if you play in the uefa cup jack. means playing thursdays and shifts all your league games to sundays, which is upsetting for the routine. best thing you could do is lose to dortmund and drop out of the uefa altogether.

• Like 1

Wont happen. Our owners have got brains, not like Abramovich.

I would be amazed if they sacked Mancini.

I still think they will win the League. Maybe they can beat Dortmund, (who have already qualified) and we can have a run at the UEFA cup. Not making excuses, but that group was always going to be a nightmare to get out of. Every season I am seeing improvement. As long as we are improving and playing entertaining football AND winning, I will be a supporter of Mancini.thumbsup.gif

You say "Not making excuses" and then you go and make one 4.gif

No Premiership title then no Mancini next season, simple !

I thought City did very well to get back into the game last night,at on stage it looked like they would get hammered and Mancini new it.

It doesn't look good now that they will qualify even for the Europa League even if they wanted to .....Mancini will not that is for sure but the fans will see it differently.

As to improvement Jack!! no way last season especially in the first few months you where great to watch ...this season you have been not close to that yet?

Still think Mancini will go and it is a very good bet ....as now only the League will save him and that is not guaranteed after the money spent,just look at Roman for that.

I really can see Mourinho going there now at the end of the season.

Actually you deserved a hiding in the first half and where very lucky you come through it with a draw.

In the first 25 minutes you could get The Queen Mary through the middle, but to their credit Man City tightened up and started to play. I didn't quite see the sense of substituting Aguero for Milner when they needed a goal. ermm.gif

• Like 1

Actually you deserved a hiding in the first half and where very lucky you come through it with a draw.

In the first 25 minutes you could get The Queen Mary through the middle, but to their credit Man City tightened up and started to play. I didn't quite see the sense of substituting Aguero for Milner when they needed a goal. ermm.gif

That really wasn't very clever was it!

He really did that, i tell you mancini is a tactical genius laugh.png

Edited by nev

I mentioned this in the morning and i really thought that Jack or MrB were going to come out with a valid reason why he did this. Neither did so i'm starting to think Mancini is not that bright. Its very Graham Taylor, taking off Lineker because we needed a goal.....

I mentioned this in the morning and i really thought that Jack or MrB were going to come out with a valid reason why he did this. Neither did so i'm starting to think Mancini is not that bright. Its very Graham Taylor, taking off Lineker because we needed a goal.....

I didn't give ANY reason, never mind a VALID one Carms. Mancini's genius is way over my head at times laugh.png

• Like 1

Whilst i respect Jacks support of his manager his silence on this one is deafening.

Last season we needed to beat Villa to guarrantee CL and 4th so what does saggy chops do with ten minutes to go at one all? Brings on a midfielder and leaves Defoe on the bench.

Its these instances that supporters don't forget

Whilst i respect Jacks support of his manager his silence on this one is deafening.

Last season we needed to beat Villa to guarrantee CL and 4th so what does saggy chops do with ten minutes to go at one all? Brings on a midfielder and leaves Defoe on the bench.

So, why are you talking about Spurs? laugh.png

This type of substitution is often done by a manager who has a good idea he's on the way out. If it doesn't pay off, well never mind, but if it does "what a genius".

This type of substitution is often done by a manager who has a good idea he's on the way out. If it doesn't pay off, well never mind, but if it does "what a genius".

I was citing another gilt edged example of poor tactical acumen for your perusal. Was you nickname "bullet" at school by any chance?smile.png Now get back on the Spurs threadwhistling.gif

I was citing another gilt edged example of poor tactical acumen for your perusal. Was you nickname "bullet" at school by any chance?smile.png Now get back on the Spurs threadwhistling.gif

What and be alone? biggrin.png

None of us on here are football managers or tactical geniuses. We can only talk about things.

Mancini very often has brought on a midfielder and took off an attacker, and pushed Yaya forward more.

And in the past that has worked.

Ashamed to say I missed the game last night, as I fell asleep, so I cannot really comment why he did it.

I assume that one of his 3 attackers was playing out wide. So by bringing on a recognised wide player in Milner, he was hoping for more service for his remaining 2 attackers.

Plus its only Agueros 3rd game back after injury, and with Chelsea on Sunday, maybe he was thinking of that game. I have no clue, but as I say he has made similar moves many times before, and it has worked.