Manchester City

mrbojangles

You know there is so much nonsense written about Mario. That he divides the dressing room, that he is unpopular etc etc.

When he scored last night, he ran straight over to Tevez in celebration. Both him and Tevez were ecstatic. ALL the city players were mobbing him. Not the sign of an unpopular player.

I thought he worked hard last night. Even though he is immature, he is improving and he has undoubted talent.

I don't think you can take much from how players react after winning or after scoring. It's easy to be the happy, jovial, chummy camper when things are going well. When things aren't going well is when you see the true colours revealed. And we have seen that.

Mario is clearly, even by footballers standards, one of the most self obsessed, arrogant and moody individuals you could care to meet, and with a nasty little aggressive streak to boot. He's like one of those horrible Hollywood divas that truly believes the entire world revolves around them.

Of all the millions of nice people in the world, why was he given a gift? Just doesn't seem right. Still, he's one of those who you just know is going to self destruct in some way at some time... just a matter of time...

You know there is so much nonsense written about Mario. That he divides the dressing room, that he is unpopular etc etc.

When he scored last night, he ran straight over to Tevez in celebration. Both him and Tevez were ecstatic. ALL the city players were mobbing him. Not the sign of an unpopular player.

I thought he worked hard last night. Even though he is immature, he is improving and he has undoubted talent.

I don't think you can take much from how players react after winning or after scoring. It's easy to be the happy, jovial, chummy camper when things are going well. When things aren't going well is when you see the true colours revealed. And we have seen that.

Mario is clearly, even by footballers standards, one of the most self obsessed, arrogant and moody individuals you could care to meet, and with a nasty little aggressive streak to boot. He's like one of those horrible Hollywood divas that truly believes the entire world revolves around them.

Of all the millions of nice people in the world, why was he given a gift? Just doesn't seem right. Still, he's one of those who you just know is going to self destruct in some way at some time... just a matter of time...

First of all Red, now you rix laugh.png

Just need nev to have a go at Mario, then all 3 of you will have egg on your faces when Mario turns his brilliance on in 10 days time. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Just need nev to have a go at Mario, then all 3 of you will have egg on your faces when Mario turns his brilliance on in 10 days time. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The only way mate i would have egg on my face is if i was saying he was a crap player. Not questioning his ability to "turn it on" when he wants to. I just think the guy is a complete anchor. That's all. Don't worry, or take offence, i think the same of some of my own players.

He probably won't even play Jack biggrin.png so stop getting excited!

He probably won't even play Jack biggrin.png so stop getting excited!

He will play, and he will score. You know it!!laugh.png

The only way mate i would have egg on my face is if i was saying he was a crap player. Not questioning his ability to "turn it on" when he wants to. I just think the guy is a complete anchor. That's all. Don't worry, or take offence, i think the same of some of my own players.

Not offended at all mate.

I am not defending Mario because he is a City player. Its just that in todays football world, there are so many overpaid knobs with cr2ppy attitudes and I genuinely do not believe Mario is one of them. Quick example. My best mates brother is deaf. He is a City fan and bumped into Mario at a restaurant in Manchester. They were both having a fag outside. Obviously with my mates brother being deaf, its difficult to have a proper conversation, yet Mario was a real gem, was not at all condescending, and made my mates brothers day. He has bumped into him in town a couple of times since, and Mario remembers him and comes and says hello. Not many footballers would do that.

I think Ronaldo is an absolute t@sser on the pitch, yet apparantly he is a real nice and genuine guy with the fans.

So sometimes there are some overpaid t@ssers who actually are decent guys. Mario is one of them. Off the wall, certainly, but you cannot accuse him of being stand offish like some.

I think Ronaldo is an absolute t@sser on the pitch, yet apparantly he is a real nice and genuine guy with the fans.

Your quite right there jack. Don't know if you remember but several years ago I was in an advert with Ronaldo (and Tevez just before he came to Manchester). thumbsup.gif I too had always had Ronaldo down has a (insert expletive) but after that day I totally changed my mind. He is a lovely lad off the pitch.

On the pitch however..................laugh.png

Your quite right there jack. Don't know if you remember but several years ago I was in an advert with Ronaldo (and Tevez just before he came to Manchester). thumbsup.gif I too had always had Ronaldo down has a (insert expletive) but after that day I totally changed my mind. He is a lovely lad off the pitch.

On the pitch however..................laugh.png

I do remember that, mate. And since then someone else told me a similar story about Ronaldo. Seems he is a good egg.

So when can we expect to see all this philanthropy by Mario, make him into a good PL player, who can score goals?

He has played 32 games for City, 19 of which were a sub. He has scored 20 goals.

I would say that shows he can score goals.

Really don't know where you get your stats from Jack cheesy.gif

I am not defending Mario because he is a City player. Its just that in todays football world, there are so many overpaid knobs with cr2ppy attitudes and I genuinely do not believe Mario is one of them. Quick example. My best mates brother is deaf. He is a City fan and bumped into Mario at a restaurant in Manchester. They were both having a fag outside. Obviously with my mates brother being deaf, its difficult to have a proper conversation, yet Mario was a real gem, was not at all condescending, and made my mates brothers day. He has bumped into him in town a couple of times since, and Mario remembers him and comes and says hello. Not many footballers would do that.

So sometimes there are some overpaid t@ssers who actually are decent guys. Mario is one of them. Off the wall, certainly, but you cannot accuse him of being stand offish like some.

Really nice story that Jack. Genuinely.

I'm afraid though it goes against a mountain of contradictory evidence that exists in my head from how i have seen him behave on the pitch and on the bench. If he really is the nice guy you say he is, it's a shame that none of the character traits i associate with nice guys in any way comes across when he appears on my TV screen. Perhaps the anchor thing is just an act. If so i wish he would stop it and just act like a man. Yes he is young but so are lots of the guys now in the Premier League.

P.S. Did you say he was having a fag?!

So when can we expect to see all this philanthropy by Mario, make him into a good PL player, who can score goals?

He has played 32 games for City, 19 of which were a sub. He has scored 20 goals.

I believe since he joined City in Aug 2010 for £24,000,000 his goal average is 0.39 per game

Better than Nasri, also 24 Mil.......0.14 per game! biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Neither do i.

75 appearances. 30 goals. Significantly less than half a goal a game. And how many of those goals were penalties?

Even taking into account not playing a full 90 minutes, doesn't seem great stats for a striker, especially considering the quality around him.

Neither do i.

75 appearances. 30 goals. Significantly less than half a goal a game. And how many of those goals were penalties?

Even taking into account not playing a full 90 minutes, doesn't seem great stats for a striker, especially considering the quality around him.

i have a feeling that City would sell him if a half decent offer came around. However i would have thought most clubs would measure the baggage he brings against the results on the pitch and walk away. I think his goal/assist return against his fee and salary is utterly appalling but then again i'm not Super Mario's biggest fan

Mjj would love him at Chelsea mindyoulaugh.png

• Like 1

I'm afraid though it goes against a mountain of contradictory evidence that exists in my head from how i have seen him behave on the pitch and on the bench. If he really is the nice guy you say he is, it's a shame that none of the character traits i associate with nice guys in any way comes across when he appears on my TV screen. Perhaps the anchor thing is just an act. If so i wish he would stop it and just act like a man. Yes he is young but so are lots of the guys now in the Premier League.

Yes, he smokesbiggrin.png

Not the fag that might be thinking oflaugh.png

You talk about people on TV, and how they come across. I will give you 2 people.... the snooker player Steve Davies, and the Jockey Willie Carson (off Question of Sport)

On TV Davies comes across as being a boring, nob with little or no personality, whereas Carson is the little loveable guy, who is so funny with a great personality.

In reality Carson is probably the biggest kn@b head and miserable tw@t that I have ever had the misfortune to meet. And anybody in the horse racing world who has met him, will tell you the same.

Davies on the other hand is one of the nicest and most genuine guys I have ever had a drink with... very entertaining. So sometimes misperceptions can be made by judging people by what you see on the TV

I am talking about LEAGUE games. He has made 32 full appearances and 19 as sub, and scored 20 goals.

Do some research before you put yer brain in gear. I know you rags find that hard to do, so I will let it slidelaugh.png

Yes, he smokesbiggrin.png

Not the fag that might be thinking oflaugh.png

You talk about people on TV, and how they come across. I will give you 2 people.... the snooker player Steve Davies, and the Jockey Willie Carson (off Question of Sport)

On TV Davies comes across as being a boring, nob with little or no personality, whereas Carson is the little loveable guy, who is so funny with a great personality.

In reality Carson is probably the biggest kn@b head and miserable tw@t that I have ever had the misfortune to meet. And anybody in the horse racing world who has met him, will tell you the same.

Davies on the other hand is one of the nicest and most genuine guys I have ever had a drink with... very entertaining. So sometimes misperceptions can be made by judging people by what you see on the TV

I've never met either of those two but never particularly liked Carson... and with regards Davies, always loved him - not his style of play so much - but the sort of man he was/is, and hated the way the media made such a joke of him being boring.

Some people are a bit more perceptive about character and don't just follow or accept the media's portrayal.

P.S. As for the smoking thing, appreciate he is not the only one, but always baffled me why professional sports people do it. One of the pleasures in life you would think they might forgo, considering how many other pleasures they have at their disposal.

Edited by rixalex

I am talking about LEAGUE games. He has made 32 full appearances and 19 as sub, and scored 20 goals.

Do some research before you put yer brain in gear. I know you rags find that hard to do, so I will let it slidelaugh.png

OK, but why only include league games?

I wouldn't expect any RAGS to like Mario. Afterall, he did score the first 2 goals in the mauling we gave you last year, at your gaff. thumbsup.gif

Hello Mr Bo,

Still as bitter as ever, i see. I would have thought after winning the league, you would have mellowed ,Obviously notblink.png