Manchester City

mrbojangles

He won't though will he! Dreadful performance and now the focus is more about holding onto second

I believe Mancini was seen leaving the ground with a fat lady.

Southampton were terrific and you certainly couldn't tell who had the multi million players.

Any guesses how much Nasri will go for....he's been an oompa loompa all season!

I think Nasri is one of thoses mercenaries that is only there for the money.

You mean to say you think Nasri would have left Arsenal for any other reason, pretty much all Man City's squad including their manager are carpet baggers.

He won't though will he! Dreadful performance and now the focus is more about holding onto second

I believe Mancini was seen leaving the ground with a fat lady.

Southampton were terrific and you certainly couldn't tell who had the multi million players.

Any guesses how much Nasri will go for....he's been an oompa loompa all season!

I think Nasri is one of thoses mercenaries that is only there for the money.

You mean to say you think Nasri would have left Arsenal for any other reason, pretty much all Man City's squad including their manager are carpet baggers.

coffee1.gif

Amazing all these 'new' posters spouting off. Never saw any of you lot last yearjerk.gif

So Nasri came to City and won the Premiership. What exactly did he win at Arsenal? How many trophies have Arsenal won over the past few years?

City have a game plan, which I believe will work. I believe a lot of the players (admittedly not all) saw it as an opportunity to not only ,make money but to win trophies and to be part of something successful. If Mancini was only in it for the money, he would have gone to Russia. Mancini is loaded, so your assumption is way off the mark.

People assumed the same about Gareth Barry, when he chose City over Liverpool. By choosing City, he won 2 more trophies than he would have choosing Liverpool.

Very sorry to hear about this lad, it's very sad when the dream goes bad. There must be immense pressure on some of these boys and it's a side of the game we don't hear much about.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9802663/Michael-Johnson-once-tipped-for-England-stardom-is-finally-released-by-Manchest

What do you think of Mancini's public attack on Joe Hart?

I haven't seen the article in which he has done that. However, EVERY single player needed a rollocking after that performance the other day. The one good thing is that we know Hart is a tremendous goal keeper so will put that down to an off day. Whereas DeGea...................

All that aside, and again I haven't seen the article you refer but my views on Mancini are well known. This seems another example of his lack of man management skills and he shouldn't be gobbing off in public about individuals performances.

What was the 'public attack'?

I have seen 2 printed articles...... 1 from Daily Mail, which is becoming less and less reliable as a newspaper, and 1 from the Suncheesy.gif

I cant be bothered copying and pasting, as I dont know if Mancini said what is alleged. I would not class either as an attack. In one he said the equivalent that Hart made a mistake and that all good keepers make mistakes. In the other ( SUN) he says that Hart has made several mistakes this year. Hardly a public attack!!

Hart is no shrinking violet. He is an extremely confident, bordering on cocky, person. If his manager has criticised him, he is not the type to go sulking and crying. Some players need a slap, others need an arm around them. Hart needs an occasional slap

City have a game plan, which I believe will work.

What's the game plan Jack?

Its a long term investment.

Call it a 10 year plan, after which, hopefully, we will be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

We are still playing catch up.

Our owners do not want to follow the hire n fire em policy of Chelsea. They want longevity and continuity

They took on Tixi Whatsisname, in order to follow as close as possible, the 'Barcelona' way. Investment in youth. They have invested fortunes in the community and infrastructure to ensure that youth over the next 5-10yrs is able to blossom

But voted against the recent financial regulations blink.png Jack?

Why did he not play Kompany who was passed a fitness test before the game?

Why did he not play your best player over the last month....James Milner?

Why did Tevez get time off for personal reasons at such an important time of the season when he needs him after getting rid of Balotelli?

Why play Toure and not play his brother at centre half? both traveled?

To many questions that he needs to answer instead of blasting the team,i think something else is going on at city Jack and it won't be long before it is made public.

But voted against the recent financial regulations blink.png Jack?

Why did he not play Kompany who was passed a fitness test before the game?

Why did he not play your best player over the last month....James Milner?

Why did Tevez get time off for personal reasons at such an important time of the season when he needs him after getting rid of Balotelli?

Why play Toure and not play his brother at centre half? both traveled?

To many questions that he needs to answer instead of blasting the team,i think something else is going on at city Jack and it won't be long before it is made public.

You are asking questions that neither you or I can answer, only speculate.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision, so its easier to criticise after the inept performance. But if you had asked those questions BEFORE the game, I can give you my opinion.

I would not have played Kompany. He has suffered the same injury twice already. If he had played and broken down everyone would have been castigating Mancini. Make sure he is properly fit for the Leeds game.

Nasri/ Barry/Silva did not play for their respective countries in the week.... Milner did, albeit as sub. Also Milner will be keen to be ready for the visit of Leeds (his boyhood club). Therefore give Milner a rest and let him loose against Leeds. A decision I agreed with.

Nobody knows what the story was with Tevez, whether it was serious or not. Therefore without the facts at hand, it is impossible to comment on it.

Re playing Garcia over Toure. Again Garcia was not in action midweek. Last time Garcia played at centre half, he played well. Toure had just got back from Africa. A no-brainer in my opinion.

Easy decisions beforehand. In hindsight I do not believe it made any difference. It was a mis-performance by the WHOLE team, not just 3 or 4 individuals

Mancini is so unaware of the nuances and subtleties of the English language, that any interview with him is fraught with the possibility of misunderstanding. It pains me to see him interviewed because at times he knows not what he says.

Mancini is so unaware of the nuances and subtleties of the English language, that any interview with him is fraught with the possibility of misunderstanding. It pains me to see him interviewed because at times he knows not what he says.

Good point well made Jelly and I concur with jacks view on the team selection. One thing extra about Kolo Toure is that he hasn't commanded a first team spot for ages now, so why should it cause any concern for leaving him out now. Managers (including Fergie on many occasions) make team selections that often baffle us but at the end of the day, they are privvy to details we will never know i.e. how they have been performing in training that week.

I have made this point myself several times. I have seen most of Mancinis interviews. I have yet to see a newspaper quote him verbatum. There is often a lot lost in translation

Call it a 10 year plan, after which, hopefully, we will be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Our owners do not want to follow the hire n fire em policy of Chelsea. They want longevity and continuity

They took on Tixi Whatsisname, in order to follow as close as possible, the 'Barcelona' way. Investment in youth. They have invested fortunes in the community and infrastructure to ensure that youth over the next 5-10yrs is able to blossom

Why would investment in the community and infrastructure ensure that youth is able to blossom ? does doing them 2 things all of a sudden make all the youth in the manchester area budding Messi's, are they now attracting a lot more talanted boys ?

Why would investment in the community and infrastructure ensure that youth is able to blossom ? does doing them 2 things all of a sudden make all the youth in the manchester area budding Messi's, are they now attracting a lot more talanted boys ?

Alf, I know long words might be a bit of a struggle for yourolleyes.gif

Look up infrastructure and then try to apply it to what I have said. Or better still, as you have shown your previous skills at Googling, go and look up and see what Citys long term plans are.thumbsup.gif

Alf, I know long words might be a bit of a struggle for yourolleyes.gif

Look up infrastructure and then try to apply it to what I have said. Or better still, as you have shown your previous skills at Googling, go and look up and see what Citys long term plans are.thumbsup.gif

Just answer the questions if you can of cause ! and do you think Citys long term plans are any different from any other Premier League club ?

The problem with trying to replicate Barcelona is that Barcelona is a name known throughout the world and that will attract youngsters in itself and all Man city is known for is spending a lot of money.

Edited by alfieconn

I think a lot will depend on what happens at City in the summer. I predict a new high profile manager and massive spending....which will no doubt infuriate the supporters! tongue.pnggiggle.gif

No no smokes, they're not spending big anymore they're promoting from within 4.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You crack me up sometimes Alfredo! clap2.gif

Is that a serious question alf?

Yes, and you didn't answer the questions bj !

Edited by alfieconn

Yes, and you didn't answer the questions bj !

I didn't answer because I didn't know if you were trying a wind up alfie. To answer your question, it's in 2 parts.

1) Investment in the Community. This is purely about the owners acting like responsible employees in the area. They outilned their plans to regenerate the area and in building this state of the art academy they will, wherever possible, employ local people and buy supplies from local businesses. Especially in the current climate, I'm sure any area in the UK would welcome this kind of commitment from their local football club.

2) In building the academy, nobody has said "all of a sudden". This is about developing youth in which jackndanny pointed out it's a 5-10 year plan. This is looking down the line and is about us bringing young players through the academy system and not having to spend like we have recently by buying all of our top players. Also, nobody has said all this youth will come from Manchester. Having an academy like this will bring in talented youth from all over. If you like, it's akin to a huge apprenticeship college and we will get the first pick of the talented youth's.

No no smokes, they're not spending big anymore they're promoting from within 4.gif

city paid out around 55m this season on incoming transfers and somehow ended up weaker. sinclair and rodwell look like utterly bizarre signings now.

The net spend was about 15 million taking into consideration our departures.

Sinclair and Rodwell were last minute signings due to Marwood dithering. Rodwell has been injured, time will tell with him. Sinclair was a mistake, I believe, especially if you compare him with Johnson.

I think Nastisic was a fantastic signing, however I believe the biggest mistake was letting De Jong go. That certainly weakened our team.

I didn't answer because I didn't know if you were trying a wind up alfie. To answer your question, it's in 2 parts.

2) In building the academy, nobody has said "all of a sudden". This is about developing youth in which jackndanny pointed out it's a 5-10 year plan. This is looking down the line and is about us bringing young players through the academy system and not having to spend like we have recently by buying all of our top players. Also, nobody has said all this youth will come from Manchester. Having an academy like this will bring in talented youth from all over. If you like, it's akin to a huge apprenticeship college and we will get the first pick of the talented youth's.

But what you are trying to do is no different to many other Premier League club,

The EPPP is a plan drawn up by both the FA and the Premier League with the aim of developing more top level players for the English Premier League and the England national team. The EPPP aims to produce a world class academy system that rivals that of FC Barcelona.

As it stands, the only academies in the country who will be rated as tier 1 when the EPPP is implemented at the start of the 2012-13 season are Southampton’s, Chelsea’s, and Manchester City’s, but you can expect Manchester United’s, Arsenal’s, and Liverpool’s to have reached this ‘prestigious’ status by that time.

I think a lot will depend on what happens at City in the summer. I predict a new high profile manager and massive spending....which will no doubt infuriate the supporters! tongue.pnggiggle.gif

The players these 'high profile' managers sign aren't exactly hard to find if you have money to throw away and has been proven, high profile doesn't mean you can handle problem players.

IMO someone like David Moyes would be a safer bet, if City really do have a plan to bring youngsters through.

The trouble is he's not fashionable enough and some will say he has no Euro experience..........well take a look at how City did with a high profile manager that did!