Manchester City

mrbojangles

Now they have money tied up in Wilshire, Ramsey and others

To be fair JD, Wilshire came through the Arsenal youth academy and Ramsey cost 4.8 Mil from Cardiff.

Thanks Uptheos, but didn't these two just sign long term contracts ? Wedded with the Gunners for years ?

Yep..... Fabregas wanted to go to Barcelona for ages. RVP wanted to leave, and just so I don't get reminded this is a Man City thread it appears he didn't fancy City and seems to have made the right decision to go to United. Wenger's selling of Nasri to City for around £27 Million was a great bit of business, as his value decreases with every game he plays. It seems City have a habit of buying 'lazy' players that go hiding for much of the game.

To be fair JD, Wilshire came through the Arsenal youth academy and Ramsey cost 4.8 Mil from Cardiff.

Thanks Uptheos, but didn't these two just sign long term contracts ? Wedded with the Gunners for years ?

Yep..... Fabregas wanted to go to Barcelona for ages. RVP wanted to leave, and just so I don't get reminded this is a Man City thread it appears he didn't fancy City and seems to have made the right decision to go to United. Wenger's selling of Nasri to City for around £27 Million was a great bit of business, as his value decreases with every game he plays. It seems City have a habit of buying 'lazy' players that go hiding for much of the game.

27 mil for Nasri ! You got to respect Wenger for that one. Highway robbery !sad.png

yes that was a good response wasn't it. I thought the Wenger press conference was great. Made an absolute fool of himself...and i loved the game last nightcheesy.gif

wenger's played enough daft games with the press over the years that it's hard to have much sympathy for him now. he's looking increasingly like a dead man walking at arsenal, but the difference between them and man utd is striking - ferguson's clearly spent several years scouting and planning who his successor will be. arsenal have nothing, no clue and no plan it seems. it's hard to picture who they would replace wenger with and would it mean ripping up the entire club/squad and starting again?

I never thought i'd suggest this guy but.............Moyes?

the aesthetically minded luvvies at ashburton grove watching moyes rip up the beautiful game playbook and start launching it at an afro'd beanpole up front? they'll never stand for it. but you could be right, he's a pragmatist and that's probably what arsenal need right now. they've still got some excellent players but they've no on-pitch leadership, no captains and no real scrappers.

. Can you point me in the direction of these lazy players that go hiding in the game? Short of Nasri and to a lesser extent Abedayor, who are you referring to?

yes that was a good response wasn't it. I thought the Wenger press conference was great. Made an absolute fool of himself...and i loved the game last nightcheesy.gif

wenger's played enough daft games with the press over the years that it's hard to have much sympathy for him now. he's looking increasingly like a dead man walking at arsenal, but the difference between them and man utd is striking - ferguson's clearly spent several years scouting and planning who his successor will be. arsenal have nothing, no clue and no plan it seems. it's hard to picture who they would replace wenger with and would it mean ripping up the entire club/squad and starting again?

I never thought i'd suggest this guy but.............Moyes?

the aesthetically minded luvvies at ashburton grove watching moyes rip up the beautiful game playbook and start launching it at an afro'd beanpole up front? they'll never stand for it. but you could be right, he's a pragmatist and that's probably what arsenal need right now. they've still got some excellent players but they've no on-pitch leadership, no captains and no real scrappers.

yes i agree about the new breed fans and yes i was talking purely from a pragmatic viewpoint. i reckon he'd do a decent job too.

One a player front they have some excellent players but he's also paid big on some dross. Gervinho for over 10m springs to mind. Ofcourse what they really need is a Patrick Viera doing a Patrick Viera. They'd be a different prospect altogether and it would also help if he played his most gifted striker, Giroud

yes i agree about the new breed fans and yes i was talking purely from a pragmatic viewpoint. i reckon he'd do a decent job too.

One a player front they have some excellent players but he's also paid big on some dross. Gervinho for over 10m springs to mind. Ofcourse what they really need is a Patrick Viera doing a Patrick Viera. They'd be a different prospect altogether and it would also help if he played his most gifted striker, Giroud

vieira, petit, henry, campbell (sorry), keown, adams, dixon, bergkamp. loads of scrapping and leadership in there. wilshere shows promise and looks a future captain but there's not a lot else.

mancine's no better or worse than he was last season, what has changed seems to be the form of several big players, notably silva, doesnt seem to be REGULARLY turning in the match winning performances he did last season , add an injury ridden season 4 agguero, his c/b and captain's been in and out of the team and teves form seems to be hit and miss and losing ballotelli hardly put a gloss on the picture so you've got almost half a team misfiring, and competing against a utd team thats as strong as it has been for ?? 10years, add that up, will it cost him his job? who knows, hughes at the time was on coarse for the agreed target, so yeah on that basis there's every chance it will, but 4 me sacing him, cant see it being a good move, not easy handling the pressure at the top of the league and managers that can/have handled it aren't easy to come by.

not easy handling the pressure at the top of the league and managers that can/have handled it aren't easy to come by.

Not easy handling pressure at the bottom either, but someone like Martinez has done a good job with no resources, in fact he's had to sell some good players. I think someone like him could do a lot better job at handling pressure than some managers of big clubs.

not easy handling the pressure at the top of the league and managers that can/have handled it aren't easy to come by.

Not easy handling pressure at the bottom either, but someone like Martinez has done a good job with no resources, in fact he's had to sell some good players. I think someone like him could do a lot better job at handling pressure than some managers of big clubs.

That's true o's its tough at the bottom of the league, but the scrutiny and expectations are nowhere near as intense as they are when your at the top ish ,just look at this forum, a wigan thread? no,but almost every utd goal or miss or whatever is debated and judged and tbh i'm whilst i'm an admirer of Martinez until he sits on the top of the pile, there's no telling b4 hand if he can handle it, keegan jumps to mind and to a degree redknap, not so different to a player jumping from wigan to utd or spurs, you know he's a good player, but will he cut it when he takes the jump up? we all know some do and some just dont, that's football.

Edited by rijit

That's true o's its tough at the bottom of the league, but the scrutiny and expectations are nowhere near as intense as they are when your at the top ish ,just look at this forum, a wigan thread? no,but almost every utd goal or miss or whatever is debated and judged and tbh i'm whilst i'm an admirer of Martinez until he sits on the top of the pile, there's no telling b4 hand if he can handle it, keegan jumps to mind and to a degree redknap, not so different to a player jumping from wigan to utd or spurs, you know he's a good player, but will he cut it when he takes the jump up? we all know some do and some just dont, that's football.

You make some good points and you're right it's difficult to know unless a club is willing to take a chance.

I suppose Rodgers springs to mind and the jury is still out. Nevertheless, he seems to be putting a good team together and if Suarez can be tempted to stay they could turn things around.

Where the hell can I find a City baseball type cap in BKK ?! You can trip over "young n willin" and United caps every 10 feet, but no City gear that I've found.post-4641-1156694606.gif

Bring on the abuse...

Hopefully Mr B will be able to find you a cap. Rumours were that there was a little stall on soi 187 than had one for salelaugh.png

Where the hell can I find a City baseball type cap in BKK ?! You can trip over "young n willin" and United caps every 10 feet, but no City gear that I've found.

JD, City only sell in official City shops now. United will sell their gear on any third world back street market tongue.png

Anyway, if I ever need anything and I'm not going back to the UK for a while I usually buy from the City On-line shop. Here are various hats, albeit some leave a lot to be desired. http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=baseball%20cap

Never had a problem receiving anything here in Saudi.

Where the hell can I find a City baseball type cap in BKK ?! You can trip over "young n willin" and United caps every 10 feet, but no City gear that I've found.post-4641-1156694606.gif

Bring on the abuse...

Hopefully Mr B will be able to find you a cap. Rumours were that there was a little stall on soi 187 than had one for salelaugh.png

Not any more. Demand was so low though the moths got there firstlaugh.png

Bring on the abuse...

I've seen several Man United "Official" shops around Thailand and have yet to actually see anybody in there. Apart from the shopkeeper that is. They must sell something but don't know how they can see enough to be profitable.

Bring on the abuse...

I've seen several Man United "Official" shops around Thailand and have yet to actually see anybody in there. Apart from the shopkeeper that is. They must sell something but don't know how they can see enough to be profitable.

I've got to agree with you there, at least the one in central Plaza in Chonburi never seems to have many going in there..............but when you look at the United shirts all the locals here are wearing the vast majority are wearing official shirts so they must go in at some point. And, although United copies are by far the most popular shirts in the markets, I've never seen one with any 'official' markings on them.

When I forgot to get a United shirt for the wife's nephew on a trip to the UK last year she went to the local markets but nobody could sell her an 'official' shirt and we ended up at the United shop. So I know they've had one customer since they opened.clap2.gif

Edited by sumrit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/22/roberto-mancini-interview-angry-every-day

An excellent interview.

This interview epitomises why I love the guy as manager of my team

I sincerely believe it will be a huge mistake if City let him go.

The Daily Mail is now, in my opinion, a complete disgrace when it comes to reporting football.

This is their headline regarding above interview.

Mancini

bombshells: Nasri's not the player I signed... Hart is in danger of

being dropped... Wenger's not bothered about winning, BUT I AM ... and

this summer I'll go for Suarez, Cavani and Falcao

Read the article, and you can see that most of the headline is made up nonsense!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/22/roberto-mancini-interview-angry-every-day

An excellent interview.

This interview epitomises why I love the guy as manager of my team

I sincerely believe it will be a huge mistake if City let him go.

Yes a good interview but when has the charity sheild been classed as a trophy when we beat you lot in it it was a 2 bob cup now mancini classes it has a trophy wonbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Where the hell can I find a City baseball type cap in BKK ?! You can trip over "young n willin" and United caps every 10 feet, but no City gear that I've found.

JD, City only sell in official City shops now. United will sell their gear on any third world back street market tongue.png

Anyway, if I ever need anything and I'm not going back to the UK for a while I usually buy from the City On-line shop. Here are various hats, albeit some leave a lot to be desired. http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=baseball%20cap

Never had a problem receiving anything here in Saudi.

Thanks the info BOJ. I'll get online.

Bring on the abuse...

biggrin.png try soi 3, sukhamvit

Funny.tongue.png

Al' afw. Araka fi ma ba'd. wai2.gif

You'll need to get some City worry beads from the club shop as i reckon its going to be a long run in for you lot.

Great press conferance by Mancini yesterday. Wenger should take a leaf out of his book. Respect!

So......do City have any shops in the middle east?

If not do they need a marketing exec because <deleted> they should have all ready ......seems like a two bob club again if they don't have.....but then again maybe there is no call for there merchandise anymore??

So......do City have any shops in the middle east?

Don't know, not looked. And the Middle East is quite big you know. Our owners are from Abu Dhabi which is a tiny, tiny, tiny spot on the map, in comparison to the size of the Middle East. So what your point above has to do with the cost of Haggis in Spain, is beyond me.