Manchester City

mrbojangles

You know Jack, all kidding aside, if it's not Pelagrini as most seem to think, I really would not be surprised to see Rafa Benitez jump into the frame....and why not? He's a free agent, knows the EPL well, has managed big clubs in Europe and I even think Chelsea fans are starting to warm to him.

I dont want Benitez. I think he is a good manager, but he belongs to Liverpool. His heart is there.

Tend to agree with you there. Benitez would be better plying his trade abroad now.

Benitez is now 4th favourite......I wouldn't rule him out of City or Everton (he likes Liverpool).

Mourinho's price has recently shortened,, Johann Cruyff has come into the frame from nowhere at 50/1 and Pelagrini's odds lengthened, though he's still big odds on to get the job.

How about a little 66/1 flutter on Arsene Wenger? laugh.png

I think the silence from City regarding Mankini is ominous, and I agree with Jack that whatever, they should have shown him support.

Think he will be gone in the next few days, will be interesting to see who goes there though.

No no no, Mancini's not going anywhere, Jacks been saying this all season so it must be true !

I think the silence from City regarding Mankini is ominous, and I agree with Jack that whatever, they should have shown him support.

Think he will be gone in the next few days, will be interesting to see who goes there though.

No no no, Mancini's not going anywhere, Jacks been saying this all season so it must be true !

Do me a favour Alfie . Dont misquote me.

Regarding newspaper stories. Just like a blind squirrel that will find the odd nut, if they write enough cr@p, eventually some of it will turn out to be somewhat accurate.

You know Jack, all kidding aside, if it's not Pelagrini as most seem to think, I really would not be surprised to see Rafa Benitez jump into the frame....and why not? He's a free agent, knows the EPL well, has managed big clubs in Europe and I even think Chelsea fans are starting to warm to him.

I dont want Benitez. I think he is a good manager, but he belongs to Liverpool. His heart is there.

"His heart is there" his heart takes him wherever the money is greatest-don,t kid yourself Jack rolleyes.gif

"His heart is there" his heart takes him wherever the money is greatest-don,t kid yourself Jack rolleyes.gif

which would be why he turned down two high-profile international jobs and lucrative offers from clubs in russia and the middle east before taking the chelsea job, yes?

You have got down to a perfect art, the ability of making condescending statements!!!

I do not want Benitez because I believe that he belongs to the people of Liverpool. There is genuine empathy there on both sides.

I want a manager who looks upon City as a project and wants to manage the team. Not someone who wants to come for a couple of years, take the money and run.

Or is that only possible at United?

• Like 1

You have got down to a perfect art, the ability of making condescending statements!!!

I do not want Benitez because I believe that he belongs to the people of Liverpool. There is genuine empathy there on both sides.

I want a manager who looks upon City as a project and wants to manage the team. Not someone who wants to come for a couple of years, take the money and run.

Or is that only possible at United?

Crikey! Pellagrini has shortened to 1/10 with Skybet and 1/14 with Victor.....some developments today?

The 'we support the manager' quote is usually followed by a sacking a few weeks later.

I didnt want a 'we support the manager'

I wanted to hear that the allegations about Pellegrini were untrue

by just making any statement, no matter which way, it would have been interpreted as undermineing the current managers position , best option was to stay stum

Do me a favour Alfie . Dont misquote me.

Regarding newspaper stories. Just like a blind squirrel that will find the odd nut, if they write enough cr@p, eventually some of it will turn out to be somewhat accurate.

What !!! you've been saying all season that Mancini will still be there next season 40.gif

The 'we support the manager' quote is usually followed by a sacking a few weeks later.

by just making any statement, no matter which way, it would have been interpreted as undermineing the current managers position , best option was to stay stum

How would it be undermining the current managers position, if someone refuted the stories about Pellegrini?blink.png

How would it be undermining the current managers position, if someone refuted the stories about Pellegrini?blink.png

if you respond then there's something to respond to, if there was nothing to respond to,, then you dont respond,

I reckon Mancini is just playing it cool, the same as anyone else would in his situation. He probably knows he's going and doesn't want to rock the boat....after all why would he, 4 years left at 7.5 million a year. He's probably praying to be sacked and he will certainly get another job, there's loads bigger clubs than Man City who will take him.

So it seems the juiced up scarecrow is on his way!!

Personally, I think it is disgusting the way Mancini has been treated.

He had dinner with the Chairman and Tixi on Friday night, nothing was said.

Whether you like him or loathe him, as the manager of the club having won the first trophies for decades, one would think he would have been treated with a little more respect than he has.

Seems to me as though behind the scenes the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing.!

And the Communications director is a complete joke.

The time when City should have been taking advantage of Fergie retiring, they have now taken two huge steps back.

Well I guess I had my couple of years of feel good factor.

As for Tixi Bergiristan... he has proved to me that he is the lowest of the low. Him and Marwood deserve each other..

So it seems the juiced up scarecrow is on his way!!

Personally, I think it is disgusting the way Mancini has been treated.

He had dinner with the Chairman and Tixi on Friday night, nothing was said.

Whether you like him or loathe him, as the manager of the club having won the first trophies for decades, one would think he would have been treated with a little more respect than he has.

Seems to me as though behind the scenes the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing.!

And the Communications director is a complete joke.

The time when City should have been taking advantage of Fergie retiring, they have now taken two huge steps back.

Well I guess I had my couple of years of feel good factor.

As for Tixi Bergiristan... he has proved to me that he is the lowest of the low. Him and Marwood deserve each other..

Couldn't agree more about Mancini's treatment on this. Very poor by the club. Its making his position look ridiculous

there's loads bigger clubs than Man City who will take him.

Whom?

I think he will end up at Monaco. Hardly a bigger club but newly promoted with cash behind them .

they've been in a european cup final. whistling.gif

there's loads bigger clubs than Man City who will take him.

Whom?

I think he will end up at Monaco. Hardly a bigger club but newly promoted with cash behind them .

they've been in a european cup final. whistling.gif

So have Malmo!

Doesnt make them a bigger club

So have Malmo!

Doesnt make them a bigger club

some might argue that the only difference between monaco and manchester city is that one of them has just been promoted back to the top flight. neither club was particularly attractive to top managers until they fell into a gigantic lake of new oligarch money.

So have Chelsea and they are about the same size club as Malmosmile.png

Malmo is a pleasant little club. Please don't slur their good name by using in the same sentence as that lot.

The chavs are the only club who boast of holding a manager of the month award.....every month. w00t.gif

I'm betting Mancini was/is gone whether City beat Wigan or not. Despite his successes at City, he hasn't done enough. The team was horribly inconsistent this entire season, and went to bed early once they were no longer in contention for the title. That is not supposed to happen if you have a topflight manager. You can't turn it on and off when you feel like it. Its difficult enough when a club has a bunch of very well paid (some spoiled and some big headed) players, but if you have a manager who can't manage the personalities...you're doomed. For me, that was Mancini's downfall. He didn't handle his personnel well and it showed. Too much evidence of lack of respect from the players and too often not ready to give 100%.

There's no way to fix that problem. Manager out, and new manager in.

• Like 1

I'm betting Mancini was/is gone whether City beat Wigan or not. Despite his successes at City, he hasn't done enough. The team was horribly inconsistent this entire season, and went to bed early once they were no longer in contention for the title. That is not supposed to happen if you have a topflight manager. You can't turn it on and off when you feel like it. Its difficult enough when a club has a bunch of very well paid (some spoiled and some big headed) players, but if you have a manager who can't manage the personalities...you're doomed. For me, that was Mancini's downfall. He didn't handle his personnel well and it showed. Too much evidence of lack of respect from the players and too often not ready to give 100%.

Even if what you say is true, and I dont agree with all you say, what is unforgiveable is the spineless way the club has gone about dispensing of Mancinis services.

I honestly thought our owners were better than that.

Even if what you say is true, and I dont agree with all you say, what is unforgiveable is the spineless way the club has gone about dispensing of Mancinis services.

uber-rich blokes in behaving like shameless dickheads shocker. you're really that surprised jack? they binned hughes unceremoniously enough.

• Like 1

uber-rich blokes in behaving like shameless dickheads shocker. you're really that surprised jack? they binned hughes unceremoniously enough.

I blame it all on Suarez

• Like 1