Manchester City

mrbojangles

Vickery is an encyclopedia of south american football and if he says this you can count on it.

He might be an encyclopedia but he isn't a Manager. Journo's are only good at throwing rocks and have absolutely no accountability. I'm not saying Paulinho isn't a good player, it's just that I take journo's opinions with a pinch of salt in the main. If it was an ex high profile Manager and somebody who knows about running a squad who said the same, I would sit up and take notice a little more.

Seems like the national manager thinks he's a better player, taking into account that he has more caps and at a lot younger age rolleyes.gif

Vickery is an encyclopedia of south american football and if he says this you can count on it.

He might be an encyclopedia but he isn't a Manager. Journo's are only good at throwing rocks and have absolutely no accountability. I'm not saying Paulinho isn't a good player, it's just that I take journo's opinions with a pinch of salt in the main. If it was an ex high profile Manager and somebody who knows about running a squad who said the same, I would sit up and take notice a little more.

Seems like the national manager thinks he's a better player, taking into account that he has more caps and at a lot younger age rolleyes.gif

Its a long flight from the Ukraine to Brazil Alfie. South American players who venture out Russia and Ukraine's way tend to fall off the radar a bit. Plus, Brazil plays a bunch of friendlies down yonder, and if you are a local player you can pile up caps which have questionable value. Not saying Paulinho won't be the next Pele though.biggrin.png

Well I'd definately take more notice of Scolari's view but either way, we have bought Fernandinho and I'm quite happy with that.

Manchester City land 'new Zlatan Ibrahimovic'

City have continued their summer spending by agreeing a deal with Malmo for teenage striker Zacharias Faour.

The 15-year-old, who has been dubbed the 'new Zlatan Ibrahimovic', attracted a host of interest following his performances in his club's youth team last season.

However, City have secured the signing of the striker, despite strong interest from Real Madrid and Juventus.

"City rank him as one of the best in the world at his age level. He is the kind of player that all of the big teams are after," the player's agent Hasan Cetinkaya told Sportbladet.

City have continued their summer spending by agreeing a deal with Malmo for teenage striker Zacharias Faour.

The 15-year-old, who has been dubbed the 'new Zlatan Ibrahimovic', attracted a host of interest following his performances in his club's youth team last season.

However, City have secured the signing of the striker, despite strong interest from Real Madrid and Juventus.

"City rank him as one of the best in the world at his age level. He is the kind of player that all of the big teams are after," the player's agent Hasan Cetinkaya told Sportbladet.

MrBoj-given his age, can we count this kid as coming through City's youth system ?tongue.png

• Like 1

I read this Mr. B, it seems that City are taking a new and positive direction. thumbsup.gif

Bring on the new season (and required satellite dish) wai2.gif

MrBoj-given his age, can we count this kid as coming through City's youth system ?tongue.png

Stop getting excited jb, he hasn't come through anywhere yet laugh.png

Well I'd definately take more notice of Scolari's view but either way, we have bought Fernandinho and I'm quite happy with that.

I am happy with the fact he has had European experience, and has played exceptionally well in the Champions League.

Paulinho, albeit a very good player, has not had any European experience, which in my opinion makes him a riskier proposition.

Also the fact that when City were sniffing around him before, he went on record as saying he wanted to stay with Corinthians. Fernandinho wanted the move to City and was making statements weeks ago that he wanted the City move, despite other clubs being interested in him.

• Like 2

I am happy with the fact he has had European experience, and has played exceptionally well in the Champions League.

Paulinho, albeit a very good player, has not had any European experience, which in my opinion makes him a riskier proposition.

Also the fact that when City were sniffing around him before, he went on record as saying he wanted to stay with Corinthians. Fernandinho wanted the move to City and was making statements weeks ago that he wanted the City move, despite other clubs being interested in him.

Yep, apparently he has supported them since he was a boy biggrin.png

Alfie with more of his tongue in cheek persiflage.tongue.png

In actual fact Alf is sparing you the truth....which is he's at City cos he's a money grabbing git....and he'll be in the huff when its -10C and pissing down. rolleyes.gif

Edited by smokie36

In actual fact Alf is sparing you the truth....which is he's at City cos he's a money grabbing git....and he'll be in the huff when its -10C and pissing down. rolleyes.gif

No no Smokes you've got it all wrong, he's going there for the project biggrin.png

No no Smokes you've got it all wrong, he's going there for the project biggrin.png

He's a wonderful youth coach in the making? whistling.gif

Its a long flight from the Ukraine to Brazil Alfie. South American players who venture out Russia and Ukraine's way tend to fall off the radar a bit. Plus, Brazil plays a bunch of friendlies down yonder, and if you are a local player you can pile up caps which have questionable value. Not saying Paulinho won't be the next Pele though.biggrin.png

You seem to be agreeing though that you paid about 10m too much for your Brazillian!

You City posters are getting very defensive these dayssmile.png I remember the halcyon days surrounding your title win and you were very 433 in football terms. Nowadays you've gone very 451wink.png Just saying....

Where as he been playing for the past 8yrs, smokes?

Donetsk is in Ukraine, mate, which is hardly a nice sunny placerolleyes.gif

But of course you are right. Any player that City buy is only going for the moneyclap2.gif

You seem to be agreeing though that you paid about 10m too much for your Brazillian!

You City posters are getting very defensive these dayssmile.png I remember the halcyon days surrounding your title win and you were very 433 in football terms. Nowadays you've gone very 451wink.png Just saying....

Well if the 5 is Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Navas and a rejuvenated Nasri or Tevez OR if we are lucky enough to get Isco, then I would say thats a great place to bebiggrin.png

We signed him from Shakhtar Donetsk, I'm sure he will cope with the weather in Manchesater

We signed him from Shakhtar Donetsk, I'm sure he will cope with the weather in Manchesater

I was going to say! The brazillians don't seem to have a problem playing in Russia so i really don't think the UK winters would deter them much.

Donetsk's climate is moderate. The average temperatures are−5 °C (23 °F) in January and 18 °C (64 °F) in June. The average number of rainfall per year totals 162 days and up to 556 millimeters per year.

Might not be used to rain 365 days a year........better give him a supply of Vit D. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Donetsk's climate is moderate. The average temperatures are−5 °C (23 °F) in January and 18 °C (64 °F) in June. The average number of rainfall per year totals 162 days and up to 556 millimeters per year.

Might not be used to rain 365 days a year........better give him a supply of Vit D. biggrin.png

It must be full of homesick Mancs. laugh.png

So, after your cut and paste from Wiki. What is it your conclusion? Would he cope with Manchester's weather?

For reference, again from wiki wink.png Manchester's average temp in Jan is between +2 and +8 °C and between +10 and +19 °C in June. And although it does rain a lot in Manchester, the average rainfall is below the countries averge

Yeah but we have labour laws here....your kebabs have the filipino slaves bogies all over 'em.....I get a smile from the Pakistani owner's daughter. biggrin.png

Well I hope you enjoy it then, you slave to the tax man tongue.png

Now that did make me laugh. smokie "tax dodge" 36 mocks the tax man.

Actually I am looking to escape before he catches me....tongue.png