Manchester City

mrbojangles

2-0 defeat boys.............maybe Mr Bojangles is wearing his glasses!! biggrin.png

But....it is JUST a friendly eh mate lol!!

edit

just had a look at your team was you missing anyone? laugh.png

Edited by MrRed

Pelligrini favours a 4-3-3 formation but with only having Dzecko out there as a striker and having to pair up with Nasri in a 4-4-2, I'd say things wouldn't be too good on the goals front.

Also, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta and Jesus Navas haven't even gone out there yet. Pellegrini made 11 changes at half time, so it looks as if he was giving everyone available some game time to get a first glimpse of them.

Pelligrini favours a 4-3-3 formation but with only having Dzecko out there as a striker and having to pair up with Nasri in a 4-4-2, I'd say things wouldn't be too good on the goals front.

Also, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta and Jesus Navas haven't even gone out there yet. Pellegrini made 11 changes at half time, so it looks as if he was giving everyone available some game time to get a first glimpse of them.

same same then even though we only had 17 fit players to choose from.

So both new Manchester managers need to put their thinking caps on then? (Or in the case of Man Citeh, spend 100 million quid more on players that Sheikh Yerbooty likes).

Edited by Chicog

Its curtains for Manchester! clap2.gif

• Like 1

You wish Smokes. biggrin.png

You wish Smokes. biggrin.png

Only your Brazilian superstar who can't get in his national team.....I want to see him playing for the reserves by Xmas. biggrin.png

So much for our slamming of United !facepalm.gif

The good news is that Pellegrini has confirmed that Maicon is surplus and will be jettisoned. clap2.gif

Another example of why he's no mug. I think that was a strange signing by City in the first place.

Pellegrini seems very on the ball doesn't he!

So much for our slamming of United !facepalm.gif

The good news is that Pellegrini has confirmed that Maicon is surplus and will be jettisoned. clap2.gif

And what is amazing is that we are making a profit on him!!w00t.gif

Yes that is quite astonishing. biggrin.png

According to ESPN Jovetic has moved ahead of Negredo in the City striker search and a move could be "imminent". We'll see.

I think we are getting both of them.

Seviile have just accepted a lower bid, and Jovetic is having his medical tomorrow, I think.

It will be interesting how the attacking formation is going to look!!

According to ESPN Jovetic has moved ahead of Negredo in the City striker search and a move could be "imminent". We'll see.

I think we are getting both of them.

Seviile have just accepted a lower bid, and Jovetic is having his medical tomorrow, I think.

It will be interesting how the attacking formation is going to look!!

A lot of moving parts for Pellegrini to fit together. A nice headache to have !thumbsup.gif

Negredo deal is donethumbsup.gif

Having a medical today.

21 mill plus extras

I'm happy with that. Just require the paw print of Jovetic now.

And Maicon has just comepleted his move to AS Roma.

We're making in roads fairly early this year.

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell has revealed new manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen for them to play more like Barcelona.

Pellegrini took over from Roberto Mancini at the Etihad Stadium and is looking to make changes, with Rodwell confirming he is keen for them to adopt a more flowing style.

"Pellegrini likes us to press high up and press in numbers, to get the ball back as soon as possible and then play simple football," he told The Sun.

"He wants us to keep the ball until we're in the final third and then see.

"It's early and he hasn't gone into too much detail - he's gradually drip-feeding us.

"You look at Barcelona and what they do and it works for them so hopefully we'll adapt."

How many signings is that you have made?

And how much have you spent?

Fernandinho, Nevas and then when completed Negrado. Oh and Pellegrini tongue.png

As for money, too many conflicting reports and differing amounts but approc 30mil on Fernandinho, 15 mill on Nevas and about 20 mil on Negrado. With 12 mil back from Tevez, a few smaller amounts for some others and more importantly, several wasters off the wage bill.

How many signings is that you have made?

And how much have you spent?

Fernandinho, Nevas and then when completed Negrado. Oh and Pellegrini tongue.png width=20 alt=tongue.png>

As for money, too many conflicting reports and differing amounts but approc 30mil on Fernandinho, 15 mill on Nevas and about 20 mil on Negrado. With 12 mil back from Tevez, a few smaller amounts for some others and more importantly, several wasters off the wage bill.

The important thing to remember as well, is that none of the new signings are getting more than 100k, in fact less. The 3 new signings combined are earning around what we were paying Carlos.biggrin.png

Only the three for some reason i thought it was more but Jack said Jovetic is signing yesterday i think?

Still Jesus and Negrado are Pellegrini's boys so it will be interesting with Silva and Nasri and Milner who will be playing up with Khun and Negrado and Jesus.

Only the three for some reason i thought it was more but Jack said Jovetic is signing yesterday i think?

Still Jesus and Negrado are Pellegrini's boys so it will be interesting with Silva and Nasri and Milner who will be playing up with Khun and Negrado and Jesus.

I'm really excited to see how Pellegrini is gonna shape them. Cos I really don't know how versatile the new signings are.

I still think after Jovetic, there will be a major signing (striker) and with most reckoning Pellegrini likes a 4-3-3, I reckon that'll mean the end for Nasri and possibly Milner. I also cannot see how Barry fits in, unless he is happy to cover for injuries.

I'm really excited to see how Pellegrini is gonna shape them. Cos I really don't know how versatile the new signings are.

I still think after Jovetic, there will be a major signing (striker) and with most reckoning Pellegrini likes a 4-3-3, I reckon that'll mean the end for Nasri and possibly Milner. I also cannot see how Barry fits in, unless he is happy to cover for injuries.

You think we will get another striker after Jovetic, BJ?

I would be amazed, but you never know. I think Dzeko, Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic is more than enough, and as I thought it looks like Guidetti is going to go to maybe Sunderland on loan.

I get a strong feeling that Pellegrini is going to give most of the players a chance. Excepting maybe Sinclair, who needs a smaller club, and maybe Garcia who Pellegrini got rid of previously.

I think the idea is to keep Barry and then send him over to the States for our MLS venture in NY.

I think, having read about Pellegrini, that a player like Milner will flourish under him, whereas Nasri will get found out very quickly if he continues his insipid performances.

Anyway, when is this season starting. I am bored sh!tless!!laugh.png

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell has revealed new manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen for them to play more like Barcelona.

Breaking news: James Milner and Gareth Barry choke on their cornflakes.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

To many of the homegrown, anything other than hoofing it up the pitch is "like Barcelona".wink.png

You think we will get another striker after Jovetic, BJ?

I would be amazed, but you never know. I think Dzeko, Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic is more than enough, and as I thought it looks like Guidetti is going to go to maybe Sunderland on loan.

I get a strong feeling that Pellegrini is going to give most of the players a chance. Excepting maybe Sinclair, who needs a smaller club, and maybe Garcia who Pellegrini got rid of previously.

I think the idea is to keep Barry and then send him over to the States for our MLS venture in NY.

I think, having read about Pellegrini, that a player like Milner will flourish under him, whereas Nasri will get found out very quickly if he continues his insipid performances.

Anyway, when is this season starting. I am bored sh!tless!!xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

I must admit that my strategy is a tad more under handed than yours jack. I believe that Pellegrini will ditch Dzecko as soon as he gets a better replacement sorted and he is purely paying lip service to Dzecko to keep him happy whilst he is hunting around for another siganture. We got found wanting last year through a lack of strikers and I don't think we'll allow that to happen again.

Interesting what you say about Milner, hope your right cos I like the guy. We both don't know Pellegrini's style too much, so alot of this is guess work I suppose but I just had Milner down as not the look of what Pellegrini wants. I mean, he's not exactly full of flair is he? Honest but not stylish.