Manchester City

mrbojangles

I think our defence will be back at full strength by then Ian. We have been saying on here that due to our injuries we were worried about our defence and we need to get someone in. Those worries were proven right last night, when we had 70% of possession, they had 10 men behind the ball for most of the game but we let 2 goals in from set pieces due to defensive mistakes.

I said it last night, well done to Cardiff. They played a very good game plan but they won't be able to keep that up. They had their best 11 on the pitch for almost the full 90 minutes, scared to make a change cos the players on the bench weren't as good. This tells me they have no depth and so an injury here and there and they will be found wanting. I can see them being difficult for a lot of teams to beat but if they get a few injuries, I can see some teams getting a cricket score against them.

And you have got strength in depth? You've spent almost £700m on players in the last 6 years and almost £100m this close season alone yet you get one or two injuries and you're complaining you need to 'get someone in'.

Sounds like you're complaining that you've got a 'best eleven' and the rest aren't good enoughwhistling.gif .

It sounds like you can't read posts. Either that or you can't decipher the actual meaning. I shall spell it out again.

We have been saying before the season even started, that we are light at the back and we need to at least sign someone as cover. Therefore, with 3 key defenders out through injury, we had already mentioned our worries on here. I'm not complaining about anything, just pointing out the facts. Everywhere else on the pitch we have ample depth and barring some epidemic that rules out half the squad, we will have no just cause to moan.

The part I was pointing out about Cardiff, wasn't an attempt to belittle their win, I was merely pointing out that I fear they don't have enough depth to cope with a full season. It's just my view but I think come the xmas we shall see if they have enough quality resource to cope.

Yep its difficult to comment obviously having missed the City game.....first four or five games you just want points and to get everyone up to speed....new arrivals gelling with the team.

A wry smile at Fernandinho....he got the name alright but the game...?

Jury is out still....

About all Fernandinho has been asked to do so far is play catch with Yaya. Jury definitely still out.

Note as well that Jovetic has yet to play a minute due to a knock. But he don't play centre back.thumbsup.gif

Mr BoJo says

The part I was pointing out about Cardiff, wasn't an attempt to belittle their win, I was merely pointing out that I fear they don't have enough depth to cope with a full season. It's just my view but I think come the xmas we shall see if they have enough quality resource to cope.

So you are saying Pelligrene comment that Cardiff will be hard to beat was BS?

Above, I think that is a bang on assessment of Cardiff, same for Hull, both will be seriously fcuked by the end of January. Praying Ollie can pull a rabbit out of the bag for Palace.

Mr BoJo says

So you are saying Pelligrene comment that Cardiff will be hard to beat was BS?.

Not quite ian. In my post further up, I said that if they have that same 11 and play the same game plan, I can see them being difficult for a lot of teams to beat but if they get a few injuries, I can see some teams getting a cricket score against them. That's only my view though.

Mr BoJo says

So you are saying Pelligrene comment that Cardiff will be hard to beat was BS?.

Not quite ian. In my post further up, I said that if they have that same 11 and play the same game plan, I can see them being difficult for a lot of teams to beat but if they get a few injuries, I can see some teams getting a cricket score against them. That's only my view though.

Cardiff was super pumped up in the first period and did a great job of limiting City's opportunities. As the game went on they showed some weariness and barely able to hold off City at the end. Big kudos to them for the effort, but they won't be able to keep that up. Not enough depth.

I did enjoy seeing Bellamy full of himself. I've always liked that maniac.

• Like 1

Where is MrRed and nev??

Are they both sleeping under your new patio mrboj? w00t.gif

They're probably waiting for the outcome of tonights game first smokes.

Was great to see Cardiff win and they deserved it, i have other things to do at the moment my missus last Thursday delivered us a beautiful boy and i watched the game with him, and i am sure i saw a wry smile when the 3rd went in.

Congratulations Nev.

Where is MrRed and nev??

Was great to see Cardiff win and they deserved it, i have other things to do at the moment my missus last Thursday delivered us a beautiful boy and i watched the game with him, and i am sure i saw a wry smile when the 3rd went in.

Nice one nev. Congrats mate. We'll have to wet it's head next time I'm up there. I'm sure I also have a spare City baby grow for him tongue.png

Congratulation Nev.

Is it your first? If so, prepare for the end of your life as you know it! :-)

No it is my 2nd, my first grown up now, came as a shock we was using birth control but did not work, we was thinking of going down the normal route but decided to keep the baby and very happy with the choice.

Congratulation Nev.

No it is my 2nd, my first grown up now, came as a shock we was using birth control but did not work, we was thinking of going down the normal route but decided to keep the baby and very happy with the choice.

Nice one Nev, you're not going to call him Gary are you?

Edited by BangrakBob

Where is MrRed and nev??

Nice one nev. Congrats mate. We'll have to wet it's head next time I'm up there. I'm sure I also have a spare City baby grow for him tongue.png

Thanks mate, but will decline on the city baby grow, what is this city baby grow? is it some kind of device to force normal baby born reds to become a blue.tongue.png

• Like 1

Congratulation Nev.

Nice one Nev, you're not going to call him Gary are you?

No mate think Kevin is the choice up to now, my brother's name is Gary.

• Like 1

By the way. If you get to see the match. Just have a look at how Vincent Tan is dressed. He needs some serious fashion advice. A shirt and tie underneath your football shirt, which is then tucked into your trousers is not fashion savvy.

Heeey sexy laydeh.....op-op-op-op-oppan Vincent style!

post-102811-0-30719200-1377518816_thumb.

• Like 1

By the way. If you get to see the match. Just have a look at how Vincent Tan is dressed. He needs some serious fashion advice. A shirt and tie underneath your football shirt, which is then tucked into your trousers is not fashion savvy.

Heeey sexy laydeh.....op-op-op-op-oppan Vincent style!

attachicon.gif1016999_10151877296017813_2052813058_n.jpg

And high waters as well. What a disaster.laugh.png

• Like 1

It's nice to see the Spuds on here all giddy. Welcome chaps and make the most of it. But don't get too angry when it goes Pear shaped and we go onto your thread to give you a bit of the same. thumbsup.gif

Well I have banned myself from going on their site. They can give it out, but sure cant take it!

What are we, 2 games in?cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Delusions of Grandeur and all that.saai.gif

It's nice to see the Spuds on here all giddy. Welcome chaps and make the most of it. But don't get too angry when it goes Pear shaped and we go onto your thread to give you a bit of the same. thumbsup.gif

Well I have banned myself from going on their site. They can give it out, but sure cant take it!

Calm down dear. coffee1.gif

Any predictions for this week Mystic ? Whats that old crystal saying ?

Edited by alfieconn

Well, our defensive shortcomings came about. Well done Cardiff.

I thought Peter Schmeichel made some good observations about Joe Hart on corners. He tends to put too much effort into pushing the guy in front of him out of the way, rather than looking at the corner taker and when it's about to be kicked simply take a step backwards to give himself some room. Looking at the replay this seemed correct, especially from the first corner. Not sure why he's doing this, Joe Hart a couple of years ago would be waving his arms in the air at full stretch and dominate anything in the six yard box. I still think he's the best we have, just needs to sort a few things out.

You can run but you can't hide biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Well, our defensive shortcomings came about. Well done Cardiff.

I thought Peter Schmeichel made some good observations about Joe Hart on corners. He tends to put too much effort into pushing the guy in front of him out of the way, rather than looking at the corner taker and when it's about to be kicked simply take a step backwards to give himself some room. Looking at the replay this seemed correct, especially from the first corner. Not sure why he's doing this, Joe Hart a couple of years ago would be waving his arms in the air at full stretch and dominate anything in the six yard box. I still think he's the best we have, just needs to sort a few things out.

I totally agree Ups and that's exactly what we all said when watching the match.

Just watching the Cardiff rerun...... Can't wait to share my thoughts with you in the morning. Notes so far, impudent, inaccurate, lazy, weak..... More to follow.

This is a bit of a delayed addition, but got here in the end....I enjoyed the game and had the luxury of rewind on a recording to form my own opinions.

I was intrigued by the excuses that Man City lost the game due to:

1. Injuries in defence.

2. Cardiff parking 10 men behind the ball.

Whilst I accept both were in some small part contributory factors, the truth of the matter is it is far from the truth!

Cardiff's goals.

1. Kim picked the ball up in the centre of the park and waltzed past 3 city midfielders, one after another, totally unchallenged. City were ball watching. Finally Kim meets Clichy on the far right, turns him inside out and crosses a perfect ball. Yes the centre backs should have dealt with it, and so should the England goalie. But fundamental blame goes to the ball watching midfield.

2. Once again Kim takes advantage of Toure's lethargy and picks up possession in the centre circle, he feeds a perfect ball through to Bellamy who wins an easy, (and from Man City's point of view) and unnecessary corner. A superb corner taken, and an equally superb header from Fraser Campbell. What the hell was Hart doing? For me a large part of the blame for this goal goes to Toure who gave it up to Kim in the first place.

3. The final goal was a result of conceding two Unnecessary throws-ins deep in City territory left hand side. The second throw was then put out for a corner.....why? The rest is history, a superlative cross met by Campbell who simply rose highest. Hart can only stare in disbelief.

The game was lost due to a pitiful lethargic city performance where the defence can only be given part blame. Midfield and attack were inaccurate and lacked commitment. Hodgson will not be forgiven if he starts Hart next week for England. Marshall the Cardiff goalie on the other hand gave an admirable display.

Easy to blame a hiss poor performance on injuries! Man City were second rate...... Following stats prove my point.

post-63176-13776608814769_thumb.jpg

The game was lost due to a pitiful lethargic city performance where the defence can only be given part blame. Midfield and attack were inaccurate and lacked commitment. Hodgson will not be forgiven if he starts Hart next week for England. Marshall the Cardiff goalie on the other hand gave an admirable display.

Easy to blame a hiss poor performance on injuries! Man City were second rate...... Following stats prove my point.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377660931.583284.jpg

I don't know why out of all the games played, you have analysed City's and non other.

Anyway, I'm just off to work and so can't answer all your points but you say Man City were second rate but Marshall had an admirable display. Your stat facts also differ to several I have seen.

This one from Skysports shows we had 70% possession to Cardiff's 30%

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/295720/stats

Anyway, in a nutshell, our defensive errors cost us the game. And that is where we need strengthening. That ain't an excuse, it's a fact that we have been going on about here for a while.

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377660931.583284.jpg

I don't know why out of all the games played, you have analysed City's and non other.

Anyway, I'm just off to work and so can't answer all your points but you say Man City were second rate but Marshall had an admirable display. Your stat facts also differ to several I have seen.

This one from Skysports shows we had 70% possession to Cardiff's 30%

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/295720/stats

Anyway, in a nutshell, our defensive errors cost us the game. And that is where we need strengthening. That ain't an excuse, it's a fact that we have been going on about here for a while.

Reasons why I picked on this game.

1. Misleading excuse of defence to blame.... Underdogs were unworthy...... That is always a good way of getting my attention.

2. The most interesting game of the week.

3. Fond memories of being dragged to Ninian Park for many games 1967-1972. Elder brother Cardiff supporter. So good to watch them now and spur them on.... Excuse the pun.

4. Especially wanted to look at Hart, and to understand what cocktail is he taking? England football matters to me big time!

5. Wanted to understand why everyone thinks City are title contenders..... Jury is definitely out on that on.

6. Wanted to post my thoughts in the Man City thread, because:

A. I can

And

B. I love a bit of light hearted respectful banter.

COYS