Manchester City

mrbojangles

Should have given Guidetti a run out.

Its ok bringing off Aguero, but it would have been a perfect opportunity for Guidetti

Agree 150%. We all said the same. At 5-0 with 10-15n mins to go Pellegrini should have given him a run out instead of bringing on Milner.

Actually jack, I really watched Yaya today and I agree with your sentiments of a couple of weeks ago. The first half he was just totally lazy. Fortunately Fernandiho was behind him pushing him forward and in the second half he steped it up. As you said earlier, Fernandinho is turning into an awesome prospect. It's a shame he didn't top it off with that sitter..

As for the, did we play well or Spurs play rubbish debate. Our first goal ruined Spurs game plan but teams can come back from 1 goal down. Several times we split their defence with some lovely twists and turns. I think we would have made most teams look average today. Spurs were unlucky they got us on a day like today and for the life of me I can't understand why our away form is as bad as it is.

Several players get an applause from me today. Negrado is just getting better and better. Navas was sharp and has excellent pace and his goal was extremely well taken. Zabba was his usual rock solid self. But in addition to Fernandinho's performance, the ultimate player at the moment is Aguero. His strength is unbelievable for a short ass but above all he is the absolute professional and always in the headlines for the right reasons.

• Like 1

Its ok bringing off Aguero, but it would have been a perfect opportunity for Guidetti

Agree 150%. We all said the same. At 5-0 with 10-15n mins to go Pellegrini should have given him a run out instead of bringing on Milner.

Actually jack, I really watched Yaya today and I agree with your sentiments of a couple of weeks ago. The first half he was just totally lazy. Fortunately Fernandiho was behind him pushing him forward and in the second half he steped it up. As you said earlier, Fernandinho is turning into an awesome prospect. It's a shame he didn't top it off with that sitter..

As for the, did we play well or Spurs play rubbish debate. Our first goal ruined Spurs game plan but teams can come back from 1 goal down. Several times we split their defence with some lovely twists and turns. I think we would have made most teams look average today. Spurs were unlucky they got us on a day like today and for the life of me I can't understand why our away form is as bad as it is.

Several players get an applause from me today. Negrado is just getting better and better. Navas was sharp and has excellent pace and his goal was extremely well taken. Zabba was his usual rock solid self. But in addition to Fernandinho's performance, the ultimate player at the moment is Aguero. His strength is unbelievable for a short ass but above all he is the absolute professional and always in the headlines for the right reasons.

Agree with everything 100%.

Will make the Spurs lot eat humble pie for a while.

Piss off Jack will ya....you lot were <deleted> for the first half hour..

biggrin.png

Now I have to go lie down....see ya later!

biggrin.png

Smokes I said a game of 2 halves, 3 first and 3 second cheesy.gif Pity you didn't go to bed after 16 seconds would have saved you a lot of pain biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Look on the bright side Smokes. Alright, maybe there isn't a bright side football wise but your off to Thailand soon tongue.png

• Like 1

Thankfully we play them next week.......................................

<deleted> me Ed, when was the last time you watched United play...can't be this season. Oh no, hold on a minute, you beat relegation fodder Fulham and flu ravaged Arsenal.

You lot really have become delusional mugs since Ferguson left

Yeah we are shit.

No you are not. You just don't get it do you!!

You are not shit, just a top seven side, a shadow of your former selves, no longer feared, whose great winning era has finally ended as it was always going to when the urbane, sporting gentlemanly Ferguson retired.

So no MrEd, you're not shit, just nowhere near as good as you were and never likely to be under the management of the equally average Moyes. And no, win or lose we won't be fearing United next weekend because no one does now because theres no reason to.

Get it now?

Bit of a laboured match last night with a weird squad that mainly looked to be made up of those requiring some game time. Made a huge difference when he brought on Navas, Yaya and Negrado in the second half and we stepped it up a bit. Defence wise, we really need to get it sorted sharpish and with the rumours that Kompany may have ongoing muscle issues, we need to get a good signing in the transfer window. I think Dzecko even realised himself last night that he just ain't good enough to even challenge for a place, unless everyone else is injured.

Nice touch by Yaya to ensure he got booked so he serves his ban in the next match and starts a clean sheet for the knockout stage. wink.png Hope Aguero was brought off for precautionary measures and it's nothing serious.

Bit of a laboured match last night with a weird squad that mainly looked to be made up of those requiring some game time. Made a huge difference when he brought on Navas, Yaya and Negrado in the second half and we stepped it up a bit. Defence wise, we really need to get it sorted sharpish and with the rumours that Kompany may have ongoing muscle issues, we need to get a good signing in the transfer window. I think Dzecko even realised himself last night that he just ain't good enough to even challenge for a place, unless everyone else is injured.

Nice touch by Yaya to ensure he got booked so he serves his ban in the next match and starts a clean sheet for the knockout stage. wink.png Hope Aguero was brought off for precautionary measures and it's nothing serious.

Yeh, Demichelis doesnt cut it I am afraid. And Lescott is, well, Lescott!! I thought Richards was OK, getting back to full fitness. And Kolarov never changes !

I agree about Dzeko and he appeared to be sulking all night. Even when he scored his goal, not even a smile!!

Yeh, Demichelis doesnt cut it I am afraid. And Lescott is, well, Lescott!! I thought Richards was OK, getting back to full fitness. And Kolarov never changes !

I agree about Dzeko and he appeared to be sulking all night. Even when he scored his goal, not even a smile!!

I've been cutting Demechelis some slack at first due to him not having a pre-season with us, then injury and not being 100% match fit. You can see he once was a good defender and is a much better option than stuffing Garcia in that position but your right, he's not the solution we need and will only be any good for cover.

As for Dzecko. My patience has now run it's full course. He's got a first touch like an Elephant, actually, I went to Nong Nooch and the Elephants there have a better first touch.

Nasri is starting to play better and did some good assists but I do wish he would stop running around in circles all the time with the ball. It makes it harder to split a defence cos he gives them time to all get in position. And that's why we miss Silva so much.

Our summer signings of Fernandinho, Navas and Negrado are impressing me more and more with each game. Just need to get Jovetic fit so we can truly see what he has to offer.

I thought Hart did ok and made some good saves. The 2 goals I thought were defensive faults rather than Harts.

I think Pellegrini needs to put out his best team from the very start tomorrow instead of bringing them on later on to have an effect. But we may be without Aguero. I can't wait to see what we will be like when we don't have any injuries an Pellegrini has a full squad to pick from.

City have now scored 29 goals in their first 7 home league games. A new record for English football.

Previous record was 1935, Sunderland.

Bring on the Arsenal!!

It don't matter how good your home record, if your away record is <deleted> you ain't going to win the league so stop getting so excited wink.png

City have now scored 29 goals in their first 7 home league games. A new record for English football.

Previous record was 1935, Sunderland.

Bring on the Arsenal!!

It don't matter how good your home record, if your away record is <deleted> you ain't going to win the league so stop getting so excited wink.png

Not getting excited.

Even when we thrashed your sorry excuse of a football team, I didnt get excited.

Fact is we have created a new reord of goals being scored at home in the first 7 games.

I dont recall me mentioning winning the leagueblink.png

Bore off on your own thread Alfie.

• Like 1

What's their away record like?

I am talking about their HOME record, which is where we play the Ars, by the way.wink.png

Your records won't mean anything to us, but this will be our hardest league fixture so far.

On the other hand, it will definitely also be yours.

And for us, Chelsea straight after - Ooof!

Two big games for Arsenal with an important Champions League game in the mix, too.

However, your results against Cardiff, Stoke, Villa and Sunderland are reasonable markers.

There is a notable defensive deficiency there which no doubt Wenger will already be analysing.

It's one thing whacking teams with no attacking threat, but even Plzen made Manchester Dhabi look quite ordinary.

However, your results against Cardiff, Stoke, Villa and Sunderland are reasonable markers.

For anyone to take the results of those games as reasonable markers, would be extremely naive and would suggest that we are easy to beat away from home. When in reality, the opposite is true and anyone playing us who may think that will get a spanking.

Out of those games, Stoke was probably the worst we played and we got a draw. The other 3 we pummelled those teams with both shots and possession stats. Cardiff, Sunderland and Villa did a smash and grab on us. And before you say it, of course the only stat that counts is the goals scored but my point being that the results are not reasonable markers as to how we played.

Away from home, we are probably guilty of trying to play too much attacking football. It would be interesting to see us park the bus for a change and with the speed of our forwards, we would get a goal on the counter.

It's one thing whacking teams with no attacking threat, but even Plzen made Manchester Dhabi look quite ordinary.

Stop being an headline skimmer Chiccy. If you look at our comments after the Plzen game, we had already said the team was mainly made up of players needing some game time. As with your first comment above, you are just commentating on the headline and not looking at the detail.

What's their away record like?

I am talking about their HOME record, which is where we play the Ars, by the way.wink.png

Your records won't mean anything to us, but this will be our hardest league fixture so far.

On the other hand, it will definitely also be yours.

And for us, Chelsea straight after - Ooof!

Two big games for Arsenal with an important Champions League game in the mix, too.

There is a notable defensive deficiency there which no doubt Wenger will already be analysing.

Its about time you played a few more top sides look what happened when you played the champions! biggrin.png

Getting far to ahead of yourself wait until January wink.png City will be to good for your average defence.