Manchester City

mrbojangles

BTW. How do you guys think the new goal line technology worked. I thought it was a resounding success. For City's first goal against Cardiff, the officials hadn't awarded the goal but the goal was then given instantly as soon as referee Neil Swarbrick looked at his watch. The HawkEye replay was then played on the screens to prove the ref was correct.

There was absolutely no delay in all this, in fact, the biggest hold up were the Cardiff players protesting the goal, until they saw the proof. Before this technology, City's goal wouldn't have stood and I hope this is just the start of the use of technology.

With all due respect bj, i think that is a silly question whistling.gif anyone who said it didn't work too well but have had to been either blind, a retard or a man u supporter biggrin.png

It wasn't meant to be a silly question Alfie. It was mainly to get those who were/are against the use of technology in football, to come out and admit that technology can be useful and doesn't hold up the game like they thought it would.

BTW. How do you guys think the new goal line technology worked. I thought it was a resounding success. For City's first goal against Cardiff, the officials hadn't awarded the goal but the goal was then given instantly as soon as referee Neil Swarbrick looked at his watch. The HawkEye replay was then played on the screens to prove the ref was correct.

There was absolutely no delay in all this, in fact, the biggest hold up were the Cardiff players protesting the goal, until they saw the proof. Before this technology, City's goal wouldn't have stood and I hope this is just the start of the use of technology.

to think it took 10 years of umming and arring to give it the green light

Absolutel BB. Hopefully they will not take as long to look at other ways to use modern technology. Something like putting touch sensor pads on Suarez legs tongue.png

• Like 1

Absolutel BB. Hopefully they will not take as long to look at other ways to use modern technology. Something like putting touch sensor pads on Suarez legs tongue.png

hahaha, very good that laugh.png

given how much he's had the shit kicked out of him this season i think the batteries in them might run down rather quickly.

hey hey and right back at you there Jangles

With all due respect bj, i think that is a silly question whistling.gif anyone who said it didn't work too well but have had to been either blind, a retard or a man u supporter biggrin.png

English is obviously NOT your first Language Alfie but do we always have to read between the lines >??? facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Good results for Spurs and Chelsea today and City Brill yesterday coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png feeling a bit sad.png at present.

Looked to me like the ref gave the goal straight away, which he's obviously entitled to do.

It wasn't meant to be a silly question Alfie. It was mainly to get those who were/are against the use of technology in football, to come out and admit that technology can be useful and doesn't hold up the game like they thought it would.

Oh sorry bj wai.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

English is obviously NOT your first Language Alfie but do we always have to read between the lines >??? facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Good results for Spurs and Chelsea today and City Brill yesterday coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png feeling a bit sad.png at present.

You don't have to do anything BT biggrin.png

feeling a bit sad.pngat present.

At present facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif you must have been like that for the last 4 months laugh.png

Good idea Mr BJ....could also use them on Silva's arms as well.tongue.png Not that I was complaining as I got an assist out of it!

Looked to me like the ref gave the goal straight away, which he's obviously entitled to do.

That's what was so good about it Chiccy. The ref and the linesman hadn't given it but there is an indicator on the ref's watch from HawkEye that showed Goal. It was so quick that it came through to him almost instantly and the Cardiff players were complaining it wasn't a goal. It took a few seconds longer to get it on the TV screens but the correct decision was made without any delays.

given how much he's had the shit kicked out of him this season i think the batteries in them might run down rather quickly.

hey hey and right back at you there Jangles

laugh.pnglaugh.png

I knew it would get a rise out of Stevie tongue.png

• Like 1

Sounds like Lopes was a handful.clap2.gif Whaddaya say MrB ?

Looks very promising indeed Jelly. He's a bit light weight but very nimble and the only way that West Ham could get the ball off him was to foul him.

Did you know that nobody has ever beaten a team by 9 goals on aggregate in the semi final? The previous highest was by 7, which funnily enough was by West Ham.

Looks very promising indeed Jelly. He's a bit light weight but very nimble and the only way that West Ham could get the ball off him was to foul him.

Did you know that nobody has ever beaten a team by 9 goals on aggregate in the semi final? The previous highest was by 7, which funnily enough was by West Ham.

If he's got the technique, the fitness level and the will he'll do well. theres no suh thing as "lightweight" in the modern game. just the backward thinking of the british media whose opinions symbolize why we are crap at international levelthumbsup.gif

If he's got the technique, the fitness level and the will he'll do well. theres no suh thing as "lightweight" in the modern game. just the backward thinking of the british media whose opinions symbolize why we are crap at international levelthumbsup.gif

I agree in the main but as we all know, the Prem is probably one of the more physical leagues in the world. The lad is only 18 and not fully developed yet but you can tell that he likes to take players on and draw them in before he lays off a pass. Because of that, there is no doubt he'll frustrate defenders and get several clatterings along the way. Navas is about the same build but he likes to run past players instead of taking them on, so he doesn't get as much physical contact.

The lad certainly does look a good prospect though.

I read the quote below JD......the old saying seems to apply, 'if you're good enough you're old enough'.

"IF Marcos Lopes is only good enough to sit on Manchester City’s bench, what hope is there for their rivals this season?"

I read the quote below JD......the old saying seems to apply, 'if you're good enough you're old enough'.

"IF Marcos Lopes is only good enough to sit on Manchester City’s bench, what hope is there for their rivals this season?"

I would have liked to have seen him Ups and MrB. Pardon my perverse thought, but if something were to happen to Silva, what with Nasri out, maybe I'd get the chance. I ain't hoping for that scenario though.wink.png

Manchester City acquire majority share in Australian side Melbourne Heart

Manchester City have announced they are to acquire an 80 per cent share in Australian A-League side Melbourne Heart FC.

A consortium led by the Premier League club also includes the ownership group of the NRL side Melbourne Storm as minority shareholders with a 20 per cent stake.

The news follows months of discussions and is believed to have been signed off by Football Federation Australia on Wednesday night.

Heart are currently bottom of the 10-team A-League after 15 games with eight points, having won their first game of the campaign last Friday when they beat Newcastle.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9128923/manchester-city-acquire-majority-share-in-australian-side-melbourne-heart

Manchester City acquire majority share in Australian side Melbourne Heart

Manchester City have announced they are to acquire an 80 per cent share in Australian A-League side Melbourne Heart FC.

A consortium led by the Premier League club also includes the ownership group of the NRL side Melbourne Storm as minority shareholders with a 20 per cent stake.

The news follows months of discussions and is believed to have been signed off by Football Federation Australia on Wednesday night.

Heart are currently bottom of the 10-team A-League after 15 games with eight points, having won their first game of the campaign last Friday when they beat Newcastle.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9128923/manchester-city-acquire-majority-share-in-australian-side-melbourne-heart

Or as The Independent put it,

Manchester City add Australian A-League side Melbourne Heart to their global empire.

"They're not worth fck all,
they're not worth fck aaw-aaaw-awwwll
You bought all your trophies
They're not worth fck all"

west ham fans to city,,,,might just catch on as 1 billion for 2 trophies up to nowtongue.png

west ham fans to city,,,,might just catch on as 1 billion for 2 trophies up to nowtongue.png

You can add Chelsea to the list too. Having bought all their silverware they have now turned to using their financial might to gazump other clubs in the transfer market and clearly Jose, the pig eyed spawn of satan, loves the new transfer policy!smile.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

You can add Chelsea to the list too. Having bought all their silverware they have now turned to using their financial might to gazump other clubs in the transfer market and clearly Jose, the pig eyed spawn of satan, loves the new transfer policy!smile.png

And you can also add stockpiling players to sell on at a later date for a profit to meet FFP, how many players have Chelsea got on loan at that dutch club that has never won the league over there but are now joint top.

They have around 20 players out on loan, and the dutch side vitesse have 5 Chelsea players there.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/chelsea-fc/verliehen/verein_631.html

To quote another poster...........'Absolutely pathetic little dig' :-)

To quote another poster...........'Absolutely pathetic little dig' :-)

Oh come on......that was especially for you and you know it!!!biggrin.png