Manchester City

mrbojangles

Some belting headlines today. Here's a few:-

The Express: After Manchester City completed their second skewering of the battered soul of David Moyes, their horizons once again extended far beyond the battleground of cross-town rivalry. It felt so good up in the stands, where the cavorting visiting fans taunted the rapidly-emptying Stretford End by chanting: “Is there a fire drill.” laugh.png

The Star: The derby took place in Manchester last night but only one horse was running. This was a race between a thorough-bred and a donkey set for the knackers yard and it wasn’t hard to work out which was which.

The Mail : City are on course to overtake Chelsea at the top if they win their outstanding fixtures and, sadly, Moyes’s six-year contract now looks one of the most overplayed hands in football history.

The Times: The speed with which City struck at Old Trafford last night called to mind a heavyweight boxing champion coming out punching and catching an unworthy opponent right on the glass jaw.

The Telegraph: The scoreline lies. It could have been four. It could have been more. Manchester United were that poor. Manchester City were that good, a class apart. The only proximity between City and United was in postcodes but the distance grows.

You must like this from The Mail, Mr. B

Moyes: "We aspire to be like City!"

The words no United manager should ever say, as he takes the blame for failures at Old Trafford.

I know Ups. What on earth possessed him to say that? That is Taboo of the highest.

The Express: After Manchester City completed their second skewering of the battered soul of David Moyes, their horizons once again extended far beyond the battleground of cross-town rivalry. It felt so good up in the stands, where the cavorting visiting fans taunted the rapidly-emptying Stretford End by chanting: “Is there a fire drill.” laugh.png

The Star: The derby took place in Manchester last night but only one horse was running. This was a race between a thorough-bred and a donkey set for the knackers yard and it wasn’t hard to work out which was which.

The Mail : City are on course to overtake Chelsea at the top if they win their outstanding fixtures and, sadly, Moyes’s six-year contract now looks one of the most overplayed hands in football history.

The Times: The speed with which City struck at Old Trafford last night called to mind a heavyweight boxing champion coming out punching and catching an unworthy opponent right on the glass jaw.

The Telegraph: The scoreline lies. It could have been four. It could have been more. Manchester United were that poor. Manchester City were that good, a class apart. The only proximity between City and United was in postcodes but the distance grows.

The words no United manager should ever say, as he takes the blame for failures at Old Trafford.

I know Ups. What on earth possessed him to say that? That is Taboo of the highest.

I think he's had enough and is trying to get himself the sack! biggrin.png

It's probably the only strategy he'll get right this season tongue.png

• Like 2

I think he's had enough and is trying to get himself the sack! biggrin.png

10 nil against Bayern should work?

Obviously would have preferred the 3 points but a draw was a fair result.

Excellent game for the neutral though, really end to end stuff with both teams wanting to win it. The edge of my seat is worn out.

thought you were both sh*t myself like. ;)

Excellent game for the neutral though, really end to end stuff with both teams wanting to win it. The edge of my seat is worn out.

thought you were both sh*t myself like. wink.png

biggrin.png

I hope Spurs play as bad the morrow. tongue.png

• Like 2

thought you were both sh*t myself like. wink.png

biggrin.png

I hope Spurs play as bad the morrow. tongue.png

You see what happens? I few good games and even Stevie is getting all excited.....can't blame him but we'll see what happens tomorrow! biggrin.png

• Like 1

One point better than none, but an annoying resultfacepalm.gif . Up 1-0 and looking very sharp in attack, I expected more. Kudos to the Gunners for not wilting.

How much did Flamini cost Arsenal ? Anything ? I'd trade Javi Garcia for him and throw in Richards as well.

One point better than none, but an annoying resultfacepalm.gif . Up 1-0 and looking very sharp in attack, I expected more. Kudos to the Gunners for not wilting.

How much did Flamini cost Arsenal ? Anything ? I'd trade Javi Garcia for him and throw in Richards as well.

Wouldn't throw Richards mate, he would probably breakbiggrin.png

It's games like that when we really miss Aguero. Dzecko needs too many chances and Aguero usually makes the most of the slightest opportunity. We should have had it sewn up by half time with the chances we had in the first half but we didn't capitalise on them, so Arsenal kept in the game and had the better second half.

• Like 2

It's games like that when we really miss Aguero. Dzecko needs too many chances and Aguero usually makes the most of the slightest opportunity. We should have had it sewn up by half time with the chances we had in the first half but we didn't capitalise on them, so Arsenal kept in the game and had the better second half.

Couldn't agree more MrB. City have done well without Aguero, but when fit I think he is the title winner for us.

Another test up next with in form Southampton. No rest for the weary.

I didn't see the game, but would it be fair to say you are getting more confident for the title now? If we had won yesterday I would be bubbling with confidence to win the league. Now I think we have close to no chance. We will beat Liverpool but drop points against others.

Chelsea remain top. Up to the others to overtake Chelsea. Anybody can beat anybody in this league like Arsene said yesterday.

Bad day at the office for Chelsea against very impressive Palace.

City and Liverpool I suppose are favourites now. Arsenal could still do it.

I doubt if Chelsea will.

This year, same as last year, it is City's title to lose. More strength and depth than all the other teams. That said, if Liverpool win tonight, things might start getting interesting. Desire and passion may make up for other deficiencies as the title looms larger. Either that or they'll choke under the pressure. City need to hope for that.

I do think Aguero being out has been costly. He is absolute class that can't be replaced by a one in three goal snatcher like Dzeko. Problem is, even with the squad's vast strength and depth, it's simply not possible to buy two Agueros. Alas. Every team could do with a couple. I know we could!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I didn't see the game, but would it be fair to say you are getting more confident for the title now? If we had won yesterday I would be bubbling with confidence to win the league. Now I think we have close to no chance. We will beat Liverpool but drop points against others.

I like our chances but I wouldn't say I'm confident though. A pretty tough run out for City, and like the rest of the top 4 they're capable of dropping points. If Aguero was fit and in form I'd be closer to feeling confident.

Liverpool looks good, if for no other reason than they are brimming with confidence and seem to have that "destiny" look about them. Having SAS on song doesn't hurt.

I like our chances but I wouldn't say I'm confident though. A pretty tough run out for City, and like the rest of the top 4 they're capable of dropping points. If Aguero was fit and in form I'd be closer to feeling confident.

Liverpool looks good, if for no other reason than they are brimming with confidence and seem to have that "destiny" look about them. Having SAS on song doesn't hurt.

I am more confident than I was a few weeks ago.

The one thing that City have improved is their back line. If you remember earlier in the season, stupid goals given away ( Sunderland/Villa/Chelsea spring to mind). However they seem to have put a lot of work in, and their backline is behaving like the old Arsenal backline.... pushing up in a perfect line and catching the opponents offside constantly. I say this with trepidation, because I think the only team that can counter act that is Liverpool. The movement and speed of Suarez and Sturridge is frightening and I would say that when they play City they will certainly score. But then Liverpools defense is average at best, swo I would say we are odds on to score against them.

The one thing I am hanging my hat on now is Mourinho. I dont see any way that he will let Liverpool beat Chelsea. Not saying Chelsea will win, I just dont see them losing.That being the case, IF we can at least draw against Liverpool, I think we wil win the league. If Liverpool were to beat both City and Chelsea, then they will win.

• Like 1