Manchester City

mrbojangles

For fear of sounding like a troll, are you lot on the City thread watching the chave transfer activity....the FA will be having to give them a "paid for" receipt for the premier league next season before a ball has been kicked.

I couldn't resist it.

smile.png

pot kettle black

16 Aug 2014 3pm Newcastle United (A)
23 Aug 2014 3pm Liverpool (H)
30 Aug 2014 3pm Stoke City (H)
13 Sep 2014 3pm Arsenal (A)
20 Sep 2014 3pm Chelsea (H)
27 Sep 2014 3pm Hull City (A)
04 Oct 2014 3pm Aston Villa (A)
18 Oct 2014 3pm Tottenham Hotspur (H)
25 Oct 2014 3pm West Ham United (A)
01 Nov 2014 3pm Manchester United (H)
08 Nov 2014 3pm Queens Park Rangers (A)
22 Nov 2014 3pm Swansea City (H)
29 Nov 2014 3pm Southampton (A)
03 Dec 2014 7:45pm Sunderland (A)
06 Dec 2014 3pm Everton (H)
13 Dec 2014 3pm Leicester City (A)
20 Dec 2014 3pm Crystal Palace (H)
26 Dec 2014 3pm West Bromwich Albion (A)
28 Dec 2014 3pm Burnley (H)
01 Jan 2015 3pm Sunderland (H)
10 Jan 2015 3pm Everton (A)
17 Jan 2015 3pm Arsenal (H)
31 Jan 2015 3pm Chelsea (A)
07 Feb 2015 3pm Hull City (H)
11 Feb 2015 7:45pm Stoke City (A)
21 Feb 2015 3pm Newcastle United (H)
28 Feb 2015 3pm Liverpool (A)
04 Mar 2015 7:45pm Leicester City (H)
14 Mar 2015 3pm Burnley (A)
21 Mar 2015 3pm West Bromwich Albion (H)
04 Apr 2015 3pm Crystal Palace (A)
11 Apr 2015 3pm Manchester United (A)
18 Apr 2015 3pm West Ham United (H)
25 Apr 2015 3pm Aston Villa (H)
02 May 2015 3pm Tottenham Hotspur (A)
09 May 2015 3pm Queens Park Rangers (H)
16 May 2015 3pm Swansea City (A)
24 May 2015 3pm Southampton (H)

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/jun/fixture-list-for-2014-2015-club-by-club.html

September 20 will tell us a lot.

Just like September 22 did last season.

Moyesie was nailed that day, and it went from bad to worse.

If Chelsea aren't cooking that day, title will go to City I reckon.

Pellegrini and Mourinho don't need months to get their act together.

Difficult first five games that is.

Righto.

March through May looking pretty kind though.wai2.gif

True.

Should help City in the CL.

Especially if they can only play 21.

Wouldn't want the prem getting in the way of the big one.

Righto.

True.

I've said it from day 1 when they fined us that record breaking amount. Stuff the CL and I hope we play our academy. I'd sooner concentrate on the Prem and domestic cups.

Righto.

True.

I've said it from day 1 when they fined us that record breaking amount. Stuff the CL and I hope we play our academy. I'd sooner concentrate on the Prem and domestic cups.

I'm on board.thumbsup.gif

You can do all 4.

Pellegrini won't have given up surely.

21 in the CL isn't a major problem despite me having a dig.

Balancing act.

It's going to be very interesting.

Looks to me like City need a good transfer window to reduce any weaknesses.

No problem going forward.

I don't want a single one of our top players getting injured in the CL because we need all hands to the pump in the Prem. You go for what you can win and with one arm tied behind our backs in the CL, it ain't going to be that. So why risk injury, fatigue etc. Lets just get the cash for playing in it this season. Then we can concentrate on the prem and thus qualify for the CL again next year but being able to enter a full squad.

Just my opinion but I doubt the City board will agree. They would sooner stretch all our resources fighting on all fronts, which is understandable but nearly made us come unstuck last year.

Fair point.

( Sorry to mention Chelsea, but pressure on Mourinho last season to deliver EPL and CL. Didn't miss by much. )

21 in CL will be an insoluble debate.

Personally I don't think it's a major handicap for you.

FA Cup and League Cup, enjoyable peripheral entertainment.

Sheikhs don't think like that, they are petulant. My bet is he'll tell Pellegrini that the CL is their top target and he has to field his best team every game.

thumbsup.gif

Sheikhs don't think like that, they are petulant. My bet is he'll tell Pellegrini that the CL is their top target and he has to field his best team every game.

thumbsup.gif

I know. My following post after the one you quoted said almost the same thing.

thumbsup.gif

They really do throw their toys out of the pram sometime. When Bernie walked out of F1 discussions in Dubai after being kept waiting and then insulted by one of the little Sheikhs (he gave the F1 to Bahrain instead), the prat then set up A1 Racing with the intention of "Destroying Formula 1". While he was being a cock and pouring money down the drain, Abu Dhabi came in, bought an F1 and opened a Ferrari theme park.

Dubai knows its place in the pecking order now.

biggrin.png

thumbsup.gif

They really do throw their toys out of the pram sometime. When Bernie walked out of F1 discussions in Dubai after being kept waiting and then insulted by one of the little Sheikhs (he gave the F1 to Bahrain instead), the prat then set up A1 Racing with the intention of "Destroying Formula 1". While he was being a cock and pouring money down the drain, Abu Dhabi came in, bought an F1 and opened a Ferrari theme park.

Dubai knows its place in the pecking order now.

biggrin.png

Yeah the A1 racing was funny and typical of their behaviour. As you know, the "face" thing isn't limited to just Thai's.

Who said anything about it being Rocket science? I was talking about prioritising.

Expectation on top managers is to deliver both League Title and CL.

Equal priority.

Lack of success in either competition is construed as failure.

Tell me about it.

Edited by P45Mustang

thumbsup.gif

If your “Sheikhs don't think like that, they are petulant” comment is stating or implying that Sheik Mansour is or has ever been petulant since he bought City, then please offer us one piece of evidence of Sheik Mansour being petulant, otherwise please leave out your constant snidey remarks will you…น่าเบื่อ

Don't know about the other City fans on here, but I couldn't be happier with Sheik Mansour and his organisation - we are truly very lucky to have him/them as the owner of our club!

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

If your “Sheikhs don't think like that, they are petulant” comment is stating or implying that Sheik Mansour is or has ever been petulant since he bought City, then please offer us one piece of evidence of Sheik Mansour being petulant, otherwise please leave out your constant snidey remarks will you…น่าเบื่อ

Don't know about the other City fans on here, but I couldn't be happier with Sheik Mansour and his organisation - we are truly very lucky to have him/them as the owner of our club!

I could but MrBo wouldn't like it.

There's a great family video I could show you but.....

cheesy.gif

thumbsup.gif

I could but MrBo wouldn't like it.

There's a great family video I could show you but.....

cheesy.gif

I think we are all intrigued, so go on, you post what you have on Sheik Mansour being petulant during his Man City days - and i think we all know that we are talking about petulance in football here - and if Mr BJ doesn't like it and wants to moderate it then that's his choice. Go on...

• Like 1

If we don’t have a repeat of the player’s attitude of 2012/13, if we can stay clear of injuries to key players/many injuries to players, and if we can add a few more decent players as we did last summer but failed to do the pervious summer, then I think this coming season we can offer a title challenge again.

We need to buy:

- a decent goalkeeper (replace Panti) to challenge Hart,

- a decent right-footed back-up for Kompany for when he’s inevitably injured or suspended (we tried many replacements last season but never found a decent replacement),

- a better left-back than Kolorov (another player who reacted well to Pellegrini’s management style and improved) or Clichy would be nice but probably won’t happen this season (next it has to),

- a replacement for Lescott (Demechellis ended the season as the most ‘in-form’ player last season but we need to be looking to replace him, hopefully Nastasic’s injury is over and he can move forward, so we need one more player),

- a replacement for Javi Garcia [although he finished last season really well – another player who reacted well to Pellegrini’s management style) – he’s not good enough, he’s not better than DeJong, and needs replacing. I have no doubt that the management had Rodwell in mind long term for this role when they bought him, but maybe Rodwell can be converted to a centre-back like Kompany (City fans will remember, Kompany joined when DeJong joined, Kompany was average in midfield and couldn’t hold down a place and it was only when we had injury problems – probably Dunne and Nedum were out injured – that he was played as an ‘emergency’ centre-back and he and the team have never looked back since],

- at least one replacement for Barry, Sinclair and maybe Rodwell,

- a back-up for Silva and Nasri (another player who reacted well to Pellegrini’s management style and improved) would be nice as one of them will be out from time to time with injuries following the stick they get (Silva must be black and blue every game after the treatment he gets). I would keep Jovetic as he looks like a real player if he can stay fit, and maybe he can be their back-up,

an alternative to Navas, whose game is limited, would be nice but probably won’t happen this season (next it has to if he doesn’t improve this season),

- some fresh-blood up front for one of Dzeko (another player who reacted well to Pellegrini’s management style and improved), Negredo or Guidetti. I’d keep Dzeko for another season as he’s a good squad player/goal scorer and he now seems to have learnt the basics of how to trap and lay the ball off to HIS TEAMPLAYER; he was excellent at the end of last season as the ONLY frontman, with Merlin behind him. Negredo’s 2nd half of the season form after his injury at WHU was a worry, but unless we get a great offer than I’d keep for another season as he seems to play well with Aguero. Guidetti we’ve never seen and it must be getting very close for him to be moved on.

Are we good enough to win the CL – no, not with the current squad (the 21 players will not be a factor; didn’t we only use 21 or 23 players last season).

The crux of the 1st choice team remains Hart + Kompany & Zabba + Yaya & Silva + Aguero to which last season we added Fernandinho. To be a really top team, a CL challenger, we need to add a few more players (bought or from within the squad now) who would also be automatic first-choicers when fit and available.

Would I rather win the Premier than the CL – your damn right I would!

I see Chelsea as being THE major contender/favourites for the title. They have a very decent team and squad, the addition of Fabregas is a great signing (we should have gone for him – a better player than Nasri) and of course the MOURINHO factor.

I’m not convinced that Liverpool will a major contender unless they move forward from last season and to do so they need to sort out that defence and look for a Gerrard replacement. I think they punched above their weight last season, fair play to them; they are close to being the real deal though (Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge is as good a front 3, if not better, than any team in Europe). How they cope in the CL will a major factor in the Premier. After being so good last season, they might just fade away as they did the season after they came 2nd to Utd a few seasons back. They will definitely be buzzing around the top 4 all season.

If Utd spend some money well, plus the addition of a decent manager, no CL, easy start to the season, they might come good again.

Arsenal needs to invest in a couple of decent goal-scoring forwards and then they may maintain their challenge through to the end this season.

Over to you lot for your thoughts (Chicog - if you are going to join in please keep it to football will you..have a go will you, it's really no so difficult).

• Like 1