Manchester City

mrbojangles

Mangala:

Never mind the pennies. Similar wonga to Ozil and Sanchez. Difference, if any, for sheik Mansour is peanuts.

Theres nothing similar is there?

Similar transfer fee value isn't it.

Didn't think Sanchez was anything like that was he?

35m quid according to Independent.

Mangala = we need him. We can afford him. We bought him. Move on people.

See they're reporting Nastisic (excuse the spelling if incorrect) being sold for 16m quid. Reckon they should be flogging Boyota instead...he ain't gonna make a top player if he continues as he is.

The only 'value' I see in Boyata is that he qualifies as home grown.

Nastasic is a fantastic talent. I think that somebody at City does not believe he can stand up to the rigours of the Premier League. Same as Rodwell, he got an injury and has just not been able to get properly fit again. I think the same applies to Guidetti.

I dont believe Boyata has the ability to be top drawer, personally I think Karim Rekic should be given the chance over and above Boyata.

Agreed about Boyata and Nastasic. I'd hate to see Nastasic go.

Here's hoping the Johnny Come Lately's get plenty of practice time to fit in and we start off with a victory against Newcastle. We've a tough early season schedule and can't afford to be dropping points against the likes of Newcastle.

Boyota's problem as I see it, is he tries too hard to be cultured stylish Beckenbauer like, making him too slow to react to dangerous situations...as we saw with the Arsenal goals. He needs to toughen up and become more aggressive. ..maybe a few sessions to learn from zabba...get there first and win the ball and then you can play the out stylishly. Somehow though I can't see Boyota changing.

See they're reporting Nastisic (excuse the spelling if incorrect) being sold for 16m quid. Reckon they should be flogging Boyota instead...he ain't gonna make a top player if he continues as he is.

Nastasic is a fantastic talent. I think that somebody at City does not believe he can stand up to the rigours of the Premier League. Same as Rodwell, he got an injury and has just not been able to get properly fit again. I think the same applies to Guidetti.

I dont believe Boyata has the ability to be top drawer, personally I think Karim Rekic should be given the chance over and above Boyata.

I cannot imagine a savvy bloke like your manager even contemplating selling Nastasic tbh.

I cannot imagine a savvy bloke like your manager even contemplating selling Nastasic tbh.

I really hope that you are right. Nasty is talented and young, we should give him time.

I saw Mangala in a few games last season, and I was decidedly underwhelmed. He kept going missing and, was a fault for many things throughout the games.

Having said that, I have seen some good stuff too, though that price is inflated, greatly. But, we both know about that don't we...!!.

At these games though I was made aware that United amongst others were watching too and. was happy when we decided not to pursue him. I can only presume, on the strength of those performances.

Now, Nastasic, thats a different kettle o pony. I think that kids the nuts and was p'ed off to learn that Nemanja Vidic had recommended him to United as, 'the next best thing to himself', grand praise indeed. Only to see City sign him...

You've got a bloody peach there lads so..., let Mangala and Boyata in and let him get annoyed and hand in a transfer request and let us have him eh, theres a good sport... clap2.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

redrus

redrus

I saw Mangala in a few games last season, and I was decidedly underwhelmed. He kept going missing and, was a fault for many things throughout the games.

clap2.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

redrus

I also saw Mangala a couple of times last season and was also a bit underwhelmed...he seemed to be a bit of a last ditch defender but he certainly looked tough fast mobile good in the air and with ball at feet so should be ok.
  • Like 1

Totally off topic but just noticed Anthony H Wilson died. I was at the opening of the Hacienda and went many times after. I also have everything that Joy Division and New Order ever did. He was definitely a one off. RIP fella.

Mate, yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of his death....... thumbsup.gif

post-16343-0-24585000-1407851554_thumb.j

redrus

Pleased that this close season we've strengthened where most needed for the past couple of seasons...in defence...new goalie, right back who can play across the back 4, left centre back and defensive midfield. What's the saying Attack wins games, defence wins Championships.

City's biggest weakness is also our biggest strength: merlin. He makes out team tick...without him we're clueless. So if we could just clone Silva we'd be complete.

Pleased that this close season we've strengthened where most needed for the past couple of seasons...in defence...new goalie, right back who can play across the back 4, left centre back and defensive midfield. What's the saying Attack wins games, defence wins Championships.

City's biggest weakness is also our biggest strength: merlin. He makes out team tick...without him we're clueless. So if we could just clone Silva we'd be complete.

At 28yo, he's just signed a new 5 year with youz too.....!

redrus

David Silva has agreed terms on a five-year contract with Manchester City. The 28-year-olds extension to his current deal will run to the summer of 2019...It was a straightforward decision to extend my stay here and spend my peak years atManchester City, a club with unbelievable fans who have always supported me.

Best signing of the summer by any Premier club!

• Like 1

David Silva has agreed terms on a five-year contract with Manchester City. The 28-year-olds extension to his current deal will run to the summer of 2019...It was a straightforward decision to extend my stay here and spend my peak years atManchester City, a club with unbelievable fans who have always supported me.

Excellent news. He will deffo be in the legends club.

Totally off topic but just noticed Anthony H Wilson died. I was at the opening of the Hacienda and went many times after. I also have everything that Joy Division and New Order ever did. He was definitely a one off. RIP fella.

attachicon.gif10606276_10152667522913156_2846453052226965307_n.jpg

redrus

laugh.png

I know buddy. I'm in the boonies and after a hard days slog (landscapimg and concreting), we all hit the food booze. As soon as I posted, I thought "hang on a minute" and tried to delte the post but lost the bladdy tínternet till now.

P.S.. Is it right that Robin Williams has just died or was that seven years ago as well tongue.png

Ooooh, I'm glad I stayed off the Sang Som and stuck to my Jack

Yes Robin (not Robbie) Williams died yesterday, much to the chagrin of 95% of the universe.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

attachicon.gif10606276_10152667522913156_2846453052226965307_n.jpg

redrus

Was the first band to get me interested in music.....yeah freck the new romantic sheeeite!

Hope I made it past the censors.....biggrin.png

Just embarrassed myself with the wife. She's watching thai tv while I was typing the last post. The programme she's watching is about Yaya (actress cutie) and Barry (her usual male lead). I heard in the background Barry...Yaya...so up I pop all interested in the city boys reunion. Down boy she says, get back to your football internet.

• Like 1

P.S.. Is it right that Robin Williams has just died or was that seven years ago as well tongue.png

Ooooh, I'm glad I stayed off the Sang Som and stuck to my Jack

Yes Robin (not Robbie) Williams died yesterday, much to the chagrin of 95% of the universe.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yep. Good Morning, Vietnam.

Bit of a brstd that news this morning.

quality footballer keep him and aguarro fit and IMO its gonna be a big ask to stop city in the prem next season

But , new contract = 5 year service cheesy.gif reality time, I Wonder who had been sniffing around? Has to be real or barca, the only ones that atm can

compete wages wise. Give him 12/18 months as per Suarez bale ect ect and he'll be off wanting to move back home.

quality footballer keep him and aguarro fit and IMO its gonna be a big ask to stop city in the prem next season

But , new contract = 5 year service cheesy.gif reality time, I Wonder who had been sniffing around? Has to be real or barca, the only ones that atm can

compete wages wise. Give him 12/18 months as per Suarez bale ect ect and he'll be off wanting to move back home.

Don't think any club in particular had been sniffing around Silva, he was just one of those whose Contract needed sorting out (Hart, Milner, Dzeko apparently are up next).

Javi Garcia gone for a decent chunk of change. City starting to dot the i's and cross the t's now.

We bought him for 15 M quid or so. He isn't good enough although i think post-Xmas 2013 we all warmed to his performances. I'm reading he's going for between 8 - 13 M quid. I'll be ok with that.

Also hearing that The Beast will be excluded from the Champions League squad due to his injury.