Manchester City

mrbojangles

Yeah that's a concern to me. Two of our three Spaniards drop the team average down by at least an inch. The average goes back up a couple of inches though next week when the BFG comes back on-stream! Still, we are short upfront, unless Theo and Pod are on the pitch.

We don't have a good plan B lump it forward strategy for that very reasonlaugh.png

Yep you got rid of Plan Bendtner didn't you...cheesy.gif

That was more for the reason that he couldn't hit a cow's a r s e with a handful of rice.

I don't understand that one. He looked good in the friendliest why loan him out?

I reckon they feel they're loaded in midfield and want him to play. I understand this much better (or at least I think I do) than the Nastasic situation. Plus, its a heck of a big step straight from Argentina to the EPL. Not many have pulled it off well. Football in the Argentina league these days is pretty poor.

With any luck Zucu will come of age in Spain and we'll have him back by the time Yaya is off to the MLS.biggrin.png

Yeah suppose your right. I'll bow to your knowledge of Argie club football. I just think if we buy a good young player we should give him an opportunity in say the league cup first and see if he can adapt to English footbal

Check out what Mourinho does in this situation.

Manuel still on the learning curve methinks.

Go on you've hooked me, what is it that Mourinho does in this situation that apparently Pellegrini doesn't and needs to learn? I'm baffled.

Chelsea have been buying young talent and loaning them out since 2010 once FFP started looming.

Policy instituted by Abramovich and continued by Mourinho. Extensive experience of managing this particular issue. Chelsea Academy flourishes at the same time btw, so it's not just a question of buying talent but growing it also. Chelsea home grown frequently going out on loan.

Yeah suppose your right. I'll bow to your knowledge of Argie club football. I just think if we buy a good young player we should give him an opportunity in say the league cup first and see if he can adapt to English footbal

Oki doki. I'll tell Manuel (the first non European manager to win the prem title in his first year) to go and ask Mourinho (who is in his second spell in the prem and still didn't win, or come second) for some managerial advice.

Semi Final of the Championes League wasn't bad though. And all our results were achieved within FFP regulations and without penalties...unlike City.

Btw. Pellegrini got heaved out of Real Madrid after one season and replaced him with Mourinho who went on to win La Liga, various Spanish cups and successive Semi Finals of the Championes League.

Bldy difficult winning the CL, as no doubt Pellegrini will find out.

But it's not a priority for City apparently, so it really doesn't matter.

Hahahha.

Ask the Sheik.

I don't understand that one. He looked good in the friendliest why loan him out?

I reckon they feel they're loaded in midfield and want him to play. I understand this much better (or at least I think I do) than the Nastasic situation. Plus, its a heck of a big step straight from Argentina to the EPL. Not many have pulled it off well. Football in the Argentina league these days is pretty poor.

With any luck Zucu will come of age in Spain and we'll have him back by the time Yaya is off to the MLS.biggrin.png

Go on you've hooked me, what is it that Mourinho does in this situation that apparently Pellegrini doesn't and needs to learn? I'm baffled.

Chelsea have been buying young talent and loaning them out since 2010 once FFP started looming.

Policy instituted by Abramovich and continued by Mourinho. Extensive experience of managing this particular issue. Chelsea Academy flourishes at the same time btw, so it's not just a question of buying talent but growing it also. Chelsea home grown frequently going out on loan.

I don't think there's anything new or exclusive to just Chelsea in what you suggest, clubs have been doing that for years, FFP looming or otherwise, in fact as an example, i seem to remember a team just outside of Manchester using Belgian club Royal Antwerp for such purposes. The better teams loan out their players overseas, the lesser teams loan them out to lower British clubs or (since Birmingham stirred it up a few years ago) to other Premier clubs.

A good indicator of an English team's Academy or Youth set-up is how they do in the Premier Academy League and the FA Youth Cup , when it is hoped to see some of those youngsters breaking through a couple of seasons later.

I think the model for years was to try and develop players to come through in to your own team, but now i think it's to develop players to sell on to cover the expense of developing them and to earn income with one or two along the way hopefully coming through in your own team.

Nothing new in what Chelsea are doing, sorry.

Oki doki. I'll tell Manuel (the first non European manager to win the prem title in his first year) to go and ask Mourinho (who is in his second spell in the prem and still didn't win, or come second) for some managerial advice.

Semi Final of the Championes League wasn't bad though. And all our results were achieved within FFP regulations and without penalties...unlike City.

Btw. Pellegrini got heaved out of Real Madrid after one season and replaced him with Mourinho who went on to win La Liga, various Spanish cups and successive Semi Finals of the Championes League.

Bldy difficult winning the CL, as no doubt Pellegrini will find out.

But it's not a priority for City apparently, so it really doesn't matter.

Hahahha.

Ask the Sheik.

1. "Semi Final..." - think we can all agree that Chelsea did well with your resources (no forwards for the past few seasons) to get to the Semi.

2. "...unlike City" - Sneaking that one in under the wire, eh. Regardless of what any of us on here think, City's owners and their legal boffins didn't agree with UEFA that City had broken the rules but eventually decided to pay up and not rock the boat, and there are many legal experts who believe Uefa are on uncertain ground as the rules contravene European law, due to being anti-competitive, such as the Bosman lawyer.

3. "Btw. Pellegrini got heaved" - think most of football agree that Pellegrini did ok at Madrid, wasn't given sufficient time and was unlucky to be replaced by Mourinho (who had 3 years to work his magic).

4. Champions League "But it's not a priority for City apparently" - Think you will find that it IS a priority for the Team, Management and Owners, but not for the fans who would much rather win the Premier again.

I understand you saying that Blue Moon fans would rather win the Prem than the CL if you mean "concentrate on the Prem rather than the CL - as it is so hard to do the latter with the range of well-endowed top flight clubs Europe-wide.

Given a choice - if it were just a question of which I would prefer for my team it would definitely be the CL. But maybe that's the perspective of someone who lives outside the UK and away form the day to day pressures of domestic tribal loyalties.

I understand you saying that Blue Moon fans would rather win the Prem than the CL if you mean "concentrate on the Prem rather than the CL - as it is so hard to do the latter with the range of well-endowed top flight clubs Europe-wide.

Given a choice - if it were just a question of which I would prefer for my team it would definitely be the CL. But maybe that's the perspective of someone who lives outside the UK and away form the day to day pressures of domestic tribal loyalties.

It certainly is Santi.

I'd rather win both of them!

thumbsup.gif

ENJOY!

The Glazers continue to thrive while Manchester United flounder

This summer the owners have boasted about how much they have increased ticket prices since their takeover – at the same time as Ed Woodward struggles to attract top names

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-united-flounder-ed-woodward?CMP=EMCFTBEML853

Excerpts:

Ronaldo’s £80m sale, according to investment analyst and United supporter Andy Green, was spent paying off the Glazer debt.

While United have declined dramatically since, failing even to qualify for this season’s Champions League, Ronaldo has raced on to win for Real Madrid a 10th European champions trophy. Sheikh Mansour’s Abu Dhabi multi-millions, combined with concerted professional planning and a top football chief executive, Ferran Soriano, have arrived to arm derby rivals Manchester City, while Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have strengthened their squads and operations, concluding major signings early this summer.

United, once impregnable rulers of the Premier League era, look hollowed out by contrast. Ferguson’s retirement loomed as the one big decision the Glazers faced after they captured United, yet there was no evident succession planning. Ferguson seemed to shock the Glazers when he finally announced his leaving and they then compounded the error by allowing him to anoint his own successor, the unfortunate Moyes.

Player recruitment planning looks years behind City, where the board developed a dedicated system after Mansour’s 2008 takeover, installing a director of football, now Txiki Begiristain, working with managers and directors to a stated aim of two world-class players in each position, backed by limitless cash.

http://oldtraffordfaithful.com/picture-manchester-uniteds-shocking-net-spending-over-the-past-two-years/

Manchester United’s shocking net spending over the past two years

Manchester United are often praised for their willingness to promote youth, rather than spending big on household European names. However, we’ve seen a change in football recently, whereas clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal have had to resort to spending big, just to keep up with the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea.

This graphic shows just how much Manchester United have spent over the past five transfer windows, minus outgoings received. It makes grim reading for the red half of Manchester, as the Glazers have forked out a huge £165million net, bettered only by PSG’s whopping £235million.

First and foremost, this highlights just how badly we are at selling players, and just how badly we are at negotiating fees. We’ve barely sold anyone worth anything over the past two years, hence why our net spend is so high, but if you look at the likes of Marouane Fellaini (£27.5m), and Wilfried Zaha (£15m), it shows just how poor some of our business has been.

Note: This is before Manchester United’s £16million move for Marcos Rojo.

post-19652-0-92156500-1408604686_thumb.p

Edited by Bredbury Blue

http://oldtraffordfaithful.com/picture-manchester-uniteds-shocking-net-spending-over-the-past-two-years/

Manchester United’s shocking net spending over the past two years

Manchester United are often praised for their willingness to promote youth, rather than spending big on household European names. However, we’ve seen a change in football recently, whereas clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal have had to resort to spending big, just to keep up with the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea.

This graphic shows just how much Manchester United have spent over the past five transfer windows, minus outgoings received. It makes grim reading for the red half of Manchester, as the Glazers have forked out a huge £165million net, bettered only by PSG’s whopping £235million.

First and foremost, this highlights just how badly we are at selling players, and just how badly we are at negotiating fees. We’ve barely sold anyone worth anything over the past two years, hence why our net spend is so high, but if you look at the likes of Marouane Fellaini (£27.5m), and Wilfried Zaha (£15m), it shows just how poor some of our business has been.

Note: This is before Manchester United’s £16million move for Marcos Rojo.

attachicon.gifBvZth5zIUAAEITe.png

And supposedly they're in the market for Freddy Guarin !!?? Not quite bottom feeding but not far from it.

Apart from playing the best teams in europe and not just in your own country, the CL starts as 'seeded' league format (an element of luck of the draw) and ends in a knock-out style format (an element of luck in any cup game compared to 38 game format) compared to a 38 game marathon...and yes before anyone says if you're good enough you'll win the CL but that's not always true is it, case in point, Chelsea's admirable 'park the bus' final display a few years ago when they weren't the best team but they won it.

I'd much rather win the PL any time!

Given a choice, yeah course I'd love to win the CL. But we aren't given the luxury of choosing. Therefore, we have to be realistic.

Realistically, we have already won the Prem and with minimum injuries and fixture congestion in other comps, we have a good chance of winning it again.

Carrying on in the realism vein, I don't think we are good enough to win the CL. Therefore, I would sooner us try in the CL but not at the expense of the prem battle.

The fact that you have no idea what if feels like win European's prize honour may also contribute to your apathy, and that is seems so incredibly difficult to win, it is easier to just pass it off tongue.png

That kind of intolerable insight is not wanted on this thread Bob. Be off with you now.biggrin.png

The fact that you have no idea what if feels like win European's prize honour may also contribute to your apathy, and that is seems so incredibly difficult to win, it is easier to just pass it off tongue.png

That kind of intolerable insight is not wanted on this thread Bob. Be off with you now.biggrin.png

biggrin.png bring on Batshit crazy Balotelli, apparently his agent has arrived in England

biggrin.png bring on Batshit crazy Balotelli, apparently his agent has arrived in England

I hope you sign him up and the diving monstrosity ruins your chemistry ! A pox on the lot of you !tongue.png

Ebola these days.

It was only a few years ago that we had no idea what it felt like to win anything BB. So we are used to waiting until the time is right and that time will come. No apathy about it, just patient.

• Like 1

It was only a few years ago that we had no idea what it felt like to win anything BB. So we are used to waiting until the time is right and that time will come. No apathy about it, just patient.

My best mate is a City fan, I do understand. I used to cheer City on back in the days of the Goat. I even sat in the cold piss rain on a Monday night in that corner stand that had no cover on it watching City play Wednesday. Things went a bit sour once you became a contender biggrin.png

My best mate is a City fan, I do understand. I used to cheer City on back in the days of the Goat. I even sat in the cold piss rain on a Monday night in that corner stand that had no cover on it watching City play Wednesday. Things went a bit sour once you became a contender biggrin.png

Ha, ha, yeah. That was called the Gene Kelly stand cos they were always Singing In The Rain laugh.png

• Like 1

And conversely, perhaps never having won the Premier League explains why you lot are forever dragging up your Cup wins as if they are currently somehow relevant, instead of discussing Gerrard going buttock over breast and throwing away probably the only decent chance you'll have at winning the league until you finish fifth or below again.

wink.png

Jesus! Good job they don't have an emoticon for 'flying a kite' (if you are conversant in the local lingo!). Get real will ya Bob, and climb down off that perch...oops forgot, Fergie knocked you lot off it whistling.gif

And conversely, perhaps never having won the Premier League explains why you lot are forever dragging up your Cup wins as if they are currently somehow relevant, instead of discussing Gerrard going buttock over breast and throwing away probably the only decent chance you'll have at winning the league until you finish fifth or below again.

wink.png

Here's a first, i find myself agreeing with you Chicog...now must go lie down

• Like 1

^Enjoy.....S'ok, Pish flaps will be back soon to wake you up and upset sweetchiqsbiggrin.png

You don't know how "blocking" works then I take it wilai. I don't see his posts unless someone replies to them, which mercifully is not very often and usually when someone is telling him to stop being a ----ing pest.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Jesus! Good job they don't have an emoticon for 'flying a kite' (if you are conversant in the local lingo!). Get real will ya Bob, and climb down off that perch...oops forgot, Fergie knocked you lot off it whistling.gif

No that was Souness, the other sweaty bastardo whistling.gif

wink.png

haha yes well it makes perfect sense you'd reply, seeing as you can empathise with Citeh's apathy towards the holy grail. wink.png

^Enjoy.....S'ok, Pish flaps will be back soon to wake you up and upset sweetchiqsbiggrin.png

You don't know how "blocking" works then I take it wilai. I don't see his posts unless someone replies to them, which mercifully is not very often and usually when someone is telling him to stop being a ----ing pest.

biggrin.png

Oh I know mate....only use it for irrelevences (ie Lanng Kho or whatever his name is, as in EFC) or eedgit (as my Enigma machine broke trying to decipher his English)

Pishflaps is quite fun actually....so he is just on manual ignore....read, laugh/shake head/chuck down a Jagermeister then ignore. Works for methumbsup.gif

BangkokBob what do you reckon to our game coming so soon in the season and 2nd game in, bit of a shame I reckon, too soon when both teams are not up to speed.

And are you looking forward to welcoming Our Mario? Talented player but needs to fulfill that potential. And it looks like you're getting him at car boot sale price, 16M quid for a player who scored 30 goals in 54 games in Serie A recently. ..not bad going that. It'll be interesting to see Super Mario back.