Manchester City

mrbojangles

BangkokBob what do you reckon to our game coming so soon in the season and 2nd game in, bit of a shame I reckon, too soon when both teams are not up to speed.

And are you looking forward to welcoming Our Mario? Talented player but needs to fulfill that potential. And it looks like you're getting him at car boot sale price, 16M quid for a player who scored 30 goals in 54 games in Serie A recently. ..not bad going that. It'll be interesting to see Super Mario back.

Yeah really would prefer to see this match when both teams are at full strength, with the likes of Markovic, Lallana and Moreno playing.

I thought your lads looked good for the first outing last week and I'd be happy enough if we get a draw. Though I'm glad we are playing it at yours first, gives us that early season chance to nick it.

I'm pretty excited about Mario, I like him. I think he is a nice lad underneath all media panto. He's a steal at that price. Brendan has the skills to nurture young colts and turn them in to thoroughbreds. We'll see though.

Heart says 2-3, head says 2-1.

• Like 2

BangkokBob what do you reckon to our game coming so soon in the season and 2nd game in, bit of a shame I reckon, too soon when both teams are not up to speed.

And are you looking forward to welcoming Our Mario? Talented player but needs to fulfill that potential. And it looks like you're getting him at car boot sale price, 16M quid for a player who scored 30 goals in 54 games in Serie A recently. ..not bad going that. It'll be interesting to see Super Mario back.

Yeah really would prefer to see this match when both teams are at full strength, with the likes of Markovic, Lallana and Moreno playing.

I thought your lads looked good for the first outing last week and I'd be happy enough if we get a draw. Though I'm glad we are playing it at yours first, gives us that early season chance to nick it.

I'm pretty excited about Mario, I like him. I think he is a nice lad underneath all media panto. He's a steal at that price. Brendan has the skills to nurture young colts and turn them in to thoroughbreds. We'll see though.

i'll take a point now mate. it's one of the three fixtures this season i go into expecting no points.

• Like 1

^Enjoy.....S'ok, Pish flaps will be back soon to wake you up and upset sweetchiqsbiggrin.png

You don't know how "blocking" works then I take it wilai. I don't see his posts unless someone replies to them, which mercifully is not very often and usually when someone is telling him to stop being a ----ing pest.

biggrin.png

Oh I know mate....only use it for irrelevences (ie Lanng Kho or whatever his name is, as in EFC) or eedgit (as my Enigma machine broke trying to decipher his English)

Pishflaps is quite fun actually....so he is just on manual ignore....read, laugh/shake head/chuck down a Jagermeister then ignore. Works for methumbsup.gif

You are getting a little bit too cocky for my liking Wilai.

You know what they say don't ya...pride before a fall at Beecher's.

^Enjoy.....S'ok, Pish flaps will be back soon to wake you up and upset sweetchiqsbiggrin.png

You don't know how "blocking" works then I take it wilai. I don't see his posts unless someone replies to them, which mercifully is not very often and usually when someone is telling him to stop being a ----ing pest.

biggrin.png

Oh I know mate....only use it for irrelevences (ie Lanng Kho or whatever his name is, as in EFC) or eedgit (as my Enigma machine broke trying to decipher his English)

Pishflaps is quite fun actually....so he is just on manual ignore....read, laugh/shake head/chuck down a Jagermeister then ignore. Works for methumbsup.gif

You are getting a little bit too cocky for my liking Wilai.

You know what they say don't ya...pride before a fall at Beecher's.

Bit early for a Jagermeister so will have to be a Leo this time!....oops, forgot the ignore bitfacepalm.gif

• Like 2

Markovic won't be in your full strength team this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to a couple of yesterdays back pages there is speculation of a move for Monaco hitman Radamel Falcao in the pipeline.

The Colombian missed the lion’s share of the 2013/14 season and the World Cup through injury but Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express believes that the former Atletico man is looking for a move to the Premier League with City his preferred destination.

“Falcao is ready to accept a pay cut to force through a move away from Monaco this summer but Manchester City still lead Liverpool and Manchester United in the race for the Colombian striker,” the story reads.

“Reports earlier this week suggested that Juventus could trump the Premier League trio in the race for Falcao.

“But fresh reports in Italy suggest that it is in fact City that are leading the race for the former Atletico man, with Real Madrid a close second.

“Liverpool and United find themselves further down the list of the player's preferred destinations along with Inter Milan.”

Probably a load of tosh.

that's a lot of exclamation marks alfie. Why do you think that?

• Like 1

According to a couple of yesterdays back pages there is speculation of a move for Monaco hitman Radamel Falcao in the pipeline.

The Colombian missed the lion’s share of the 2013/14 season and the World Cup through injury but Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express believes that the former Atletico man is looking for a move to the Premier League with City his preferred destination.

“Falcao is ready to accept a pay cut to force through a move away from Monaco this summer but Manchester City still lead Liverpool and Manchester United in the race for the Colombian striker,” the story reads.

“Reports earlier this week suggested that Juventus could trump the Premier League trio in the race for Falcao.

“But fresh reports in Italy suggest that it is in fact City that are leading the race for the former Atletico man, with Real Madrid a close second.

“Liverpool and United find themselves further down the list of the player's preferred destinations along with Inter Milan.”

Probably a load of tosh.

Probably rubbish but who knows ? Its been reported in a few different places. It would require some sleight of hand financing/accounting I imagine, but it would be great news. What a great game Falcao has when he's healthy. He can score goals any which way and with flair.

Thing you are doing yourself down there Bob as Liverpool have been the better team in the past 4 - 6 games though City somehow have gotten the result (end of last season being an exception). I'm expecting you lot to give us a very hard game and HOPEFULLY we'll get the result but i won't be too surprised if it goes the other way.

Yep. Bit of a bstrd that the City-Liverpool game is coming too soon.

Wenger was moaning about the same thing last weekend.

Fact is though, start date for the Prem was known a year ago, so any manager who hasn't got his team ready is a manager who hasn't got his team ready.

Ask Mourinho.

Some team news according to a few sites:-

"Balotelli will not feature against his old side as his transfer was not finalised before the weekend, but Liverpool’s fans could get their first glimpses of new signings Lazar Markovic and Alberto Moreno.

Adam Lallana, another new recruit, is not yet ready to return as he pursues his rehabilitation following a knee problem, while left-back Jose Enrique is a doubt due to injury.

Daniel Agger, Jon Flanagan and Oussama Assaidi are all definitely out.

City’s latest signing, centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, is unlikely to play as he is short of fitness following his £32 million switch from Porto.

Striker Alvaro Negredo remains sidelined by a foot injury, but Sergio Aguero could start after coming off the bench to score in injury time at Newcastle last weekend.

Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard may also make his debut for the club, having been left out for the trip to St James’ Park."

Personally, I don't think he'll start Aguero and keep with Dzecko and probably Jovetic but I hope I'm wrong. Dzecko just signed a new contract this week and although I like the lads attitude, I really think he's short on the quality front.

• Like 1

that's a lot of exclamation marks alfie. Why do you think that?

Yes my finger got stuck, lol

1. You already have Sterling, Countinho, Lallana plus Sturridge (if you buy a forward) who are attacking midfielders !

2. In case you failed to notice, young kids coming from abroad usually have the tendancy to take time to settle.

Perhaps best to discuss this further at the end of the season.

What do some of y'all figure my options are as far as finding a place to watch City tonight in CM ? I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake or wake up for it, but I'm not sure what's open at that hour.

What do some of y'all figure my options are as far as finding a place to watch City tonight in CM ? I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake or wake up for it, but I'm not sure what's open at that hour.

http://www.unirishpub.com/

I don't know...sorry...but give this place a call and ask if they or the other bars in the street will be open. .showing. we watched the Whu game there on holiday...ah good memories

I am back in patters now, so no worries for me tonight/tomorrow morning. However, my 5 year old bundle of joy will make having a lay in impossible

My old vcr broke last season. ..can't find anywhere in bkk a dvr (anyone any ideas where I could buy one?)...so until I find a way to record cth its early rising or watch the rerun knowing the score...not ideal.

I am back in patters now, so no worries for me tonight/tomorrow morning. However, my 5 year old bundle of joy will make having a lay in impossible

My old vcr broke last season. ..can't find anywhere in bkk a dvr (anyone any ideas where I could buy one?)...so until I find a way to record cth its early rising or watch the rerun knowing the score...not ideal.

You could record it onto your laptop. I.E. if you have Windows you could use this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/record-tv-media-center#1TC=windows-7

Or get yourself a media player (best option). Some don't record from the TV so make sure you get one that has internal storage and can record. They're cheap as chips nowadays.

You could record it onto your laptop. I.E. if you have Windows you could use this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/record-tv-media-center#1TC=windows-7

Or get yourself a media player (best option). Some don't record from the TV so make sure you get one that has internal storage and can record. They're cheap as chips nowadays.

If I could sort this out soon I'll be a very happy man.

1. I had a go at setting up through windows 7 media player but could not find a Live TV option to click in my version/settings so gave up.

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then clickWindows Media Center.On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to TV, and then click Live TV.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by buying a media player...such as (example)? I'll then have another go buying here or back in Manchester in October.

If I could sort this out soon I'll be a very happy man.

1. I had a go at setting up through windows 7 media player but could not find a Live TV option to click in my version/settings so gave up.

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then clickWindows Media Center.On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to TV, and then click Live TV.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by buying a media player...such as (example)? I'll then have another go buying here or back in Manchester in October.

If you click on the link I posted it gives the instructions. You have to obviously connect your TV aerial to your laptop/comp via HDMI cable for instance,

A media player is just an external box that you plug into your TV. If you haven't got a smart TV, some have WIFI capability that let you stream through your TV and surf the internet etc. Some just play any media you want through a USB stick or some have internal storage. Mine has 1TB of storage, so I fill it up with all my movies etc and watch them on TV through that. Not all have a recording function, so just make sure the one you buy has it.

Go to any of the computer / TV outlets like TucCom in Patters and you'll find one. Simply ask for a Media Player with hard drive storage that records TV.

Don't CTH offer a decoder with PVR capabilities? That surprises me.

Don't think they do...though if you're familiar with their website you'll know its very poor.

Many satellite companies now have that function in the actual set top (decoder) box. Get your instructions out for the set top box and see if it has the recording function. I presume all their boxes were brand new last year, so you should be in luck. But then again, this is LoS.

Don't CTH offer a decoder with PVR capabilities? That surprises me.

Don't think they do...though if you're familiar with their website you'll know its very poor.

Many satellite companies now have that function in the actual set top (decoder) box. Get your instructions out for the set top box and see if it has the recording function. I presume all their boxes were brand new last year, so you should be in luck. But then again, this is LoS.

Sure there's no record function on their box or remote...

Just had a look at CTH website and found no reference to record/pvr. But i was trying to find out on their schedule when the City game will be recorded (i've a meeting first thing so will have to watch rerun)...their schedule function by channel doesn't work...very poor!

Anybody see Sunderland V Utd last night. Utd were very much 2nd best. One chance, one goal (excellent work by Valencia). RVP and Rooney were not in the game at all...Rooney didn't look interested and i've never seen him less involved. Stan Laurel was their best player. Think LVG maybe trying to impose a system (3 at the back) on Utd that they don't have the players currently who can adopt to it.

Anybody see Sunderland V Utd last night. Utd were very much 2nd best. One chance, one goal (excellent work by Valencia). RVP and Rooney were not in the game at all...Rooney didn't look interested and i've never seen him less involved. Stan Laurel was their best player. Think LVG maybe trying to impose a system (3 at the back) on Utd that they don't have the players currently who can adopt to it.

yeah watched it. louis van gaal is some genius if he thinks he can turn ashley young into a wingback. bizarre management.

• Like 1

yeah watched it. louis van gaal is some genius if he thinks he can turn ashley young into a wingback. bizarre management.

If LVG can convince everybody that wasn't a dive by Young then maybe he can turn him into a wingback.laugh.png