Manchester City

mrbojangles

And without sounding a bitter loser, how does the referee NOT book Robben for a ridiculous dive and then NOT see the clear penalty on Silva. It was right in front of him... no excuses. P!ss weak reffing.

Yeah it was bladdy ridiculous that.

Thought we played ok last night and deserved a draw. Just hope we get through to the knockout stage cos I don't want to drop into the UEFA Cup

I had forgotten about that possibility. Now there is some incentive to be sure.wink.png

• Joe Hart made some excellent saves and got the luck all goalies need. No chance with that big deflection.

• We really missed Zaba’s defending and link play going forward.

Sagna looks no improvement on Micah…similar players in lots of ways. Sagna seems to take longer to control the ball, decide what to do, than all other players. He was very hesitant last night.

Clichy was again very good, one of the better players in the early part of the season.

Navas also contributed well and gave them something to think about.

Fernandinho was every where and played the game for 2 – Yaya, where were you.

Nasri seems to freeze in the big games.

Nearly a terrible start…lucky not to be a goal down after 45 seconds.

The substitution of Milner was a good one as we were under the hammer at that stage and he helped us back in to the game and even created a few things down the right. Milner went central, Silva went from the hole to left side instead of Nasri, and Yaya went in the hole. When that didn’t work fully – Silva went out of the game on the very busy leftside having to defend, and Yaya was never in the game - we should have brought on Kolorav leftside to counter Robben who’d just come on, took off Yaya not Navas and put Silva back in the hole to link with Aguero – think we got the 1st substitution right but the others wrong.

Def pen on Silva…we don’t seem to be getting them do we.

Thought we were well worth a point, rode our luck at time, did well playing with 10 men (who’s that Yaya imposter), and was our best 90 minute performance to date against Bayern.

Hoepfully Fernando will be fit for the Chelsea game to play alongside Fernandinho as Yaya doesn’t look interested.

I know you fellas will probably think this is a wind up, but I thought you were lucky to not be 3 down at half time. Unlucky in the end to lose, but no more than you deserved tongue.png

I don't think you're winding us up. Not sure about 3 down but they started really well - don't they always - and should have been 1v0 up in the first few minutes. Interesting that you thought we deserved to lose...i didn't think so but i was totally wrapped up in the flow of the game...maybe you're right, maybe not, but they are an outstanding team, i thought we matched them for long periods and other times we seem content to sit back and try to counter...I very impressed with Alaba. Good game though, yeah.

I know you fellas will probably think this is a wind up, but I thought you were lucky to not be 3 down at half time. Unlucky in the end to lose, but no more than you deserved tongue.png

I don't think you're winding us up. Not sure about 3 down but they started really well - don't they always - and should have been 1v0 up in the first few minutes. Interesting that you thought we deserved to lose...i didn't think so but i was totally wrapped up in the flow of the game...maybe you're right, maybe not, but they are an outstanding team, i thought we matched them for long periods and other times we seem content to sit back and try to counter...I very impressed with Alaba. Good game though, yeah.

It was a good tussle, but I thought if they had have taken those chances then it might have been a different match. From a Munich point of view they would feel justified with the late goal.

Definitely looking forward to the return match at the Etihad. City do look like one of the big boys in Europe now though. Get through this group and I'd put a few bob on you.

It was a good tussle, but I thought if they had have taken those chances then it might have been a different match. From a Munich point of view they would feel justified with the late goal.

Definitely looking forward to the return match at the Etihad. City do look like one of the big boys in Europe now though. Get through this group and I'd put a few bob on you.

Henry Winter in the Telegraph agrees with your assessment that we deserved to lose, Daniel what'shisface in the Guardian less so.

The big question. Do City look good enough to win the CL? On that showing i would say no. We still look a little in awe of decent teams like Bayern and we are carrying a few passengers who aren't good enough at this level, one of which might surprise a few but i reckon Nasri has the ability but not the bottle. If we get through the Group stage and get the luck of the knockout rounds who knows, but apart from playing Liverpool as a team we haven't turned up yet this season and if we don't get it together soon Chelsea will be out of sight in the Premier.

The Guardian has a very good article today by Jamie Jackson worth a read on Yaya failing to turn up.

Henry Winter in the Telegraph agrees with your assessment that we deserved to lose, Daniel what'shisface in the Guardian less so.

The big question. Do City look good enough to win the CL? On that showing i would say no. We still look a little in awe of decent teams like Bayern and we are carrying a few passengers who aren't good enough at this level, one of which might surprise a few but i reckon Nasri has the ability but not the bottle. If we get through the Group stage and get the luck of the knockout rounds who knows, but apart from playing Liverpool as a team we haven't turned up yet this season and if we don't get it together soon Chelsea will be out of sight in the Premier.

The Guardian has a very good article today by Jamie Jackson worth a read on Yaya failing to turn up.

I'll have a read of that a bit later.

Chelsea will be reigned in when they have no fit strikers.

was thinking about this yesterday and the best i could come up with is that city are still struggling with the notion that they are a big club. they always seem nervous in europe and that comes through from the fans in the stadium at CL matches as well. they're not yet adjusted to the idea that they are a big club - so they're not comfortable with the expectations that go with that. united and liverpool have had it forever, chelsea seemed to buy it or acquire it through mourinho's arrogance. city have won 2 of the last 3 league titles but still don't seem at home with the image.

• Like 2

Cruel cruel football. Thought we were good for a point there, took a vicious deflection to beat Hart who was excellent. Damn!

If it hadn't been deflected it was past him before he got near it.

Where was the full back? What's his name again?

whistling.gif

Cruel cruel football. Thought we were good for a point there, took a vicious deflection to beat Hart who was excellent. Damn!

Where was the full back? What's his name again?

whistling.gif

Don't agree with the comment about the deflection but i'll get my trigonometry book out later to check the angle of flight.

Assume by fullback you are referring to Clichy. Sorry no idea where he was but the ball had long been in play from the corner so it's not logical that a player on the near post for the corner (Clichy or anybody else) would necessarily still be there. Definitely no blame on any City player for their goal...it bounces nicely, he hit it nicely, it deflected of their player's back on the way past Hart.

I was thinking more the right back, since it was that side of the box from which the shot arrived.

If Clichy had been there, he would have been out of position.

biggrin.png

Ah, he fell over. Then stood up and watched. Must have thought he would have been in an offside position if he came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxUhrrN3_E

Used to stand and watch for us a lot as well.

wink.png

This sums it up for me.

I will always back every City player when he pulls the shirt on IF he puts the effort in.

For me Yaya is not trying.

I dont forgive him for the pre season nonsense. If I were Pelegrinni I would not play him for a few games. See if his attitude changes.

Had Yaya played well last night, City would have got a draw at least.

As it was we got beaten by a last minute goal with effectively 10 men.

was thinking about this yesterday and the best i could come up with is that city are still struggling with the notion that they are a big club. they always seem nervous in europe and that comes through from the fans in the stadium at CL matches as well. they're not yet adjusted to the idea that they are a big club - so they're not comfortable with the expectations that go with that. united and liverpool have had it forever, chelsea seemed to buy it or acquire it through mourinho's arrogance. city have won 2 of the last 3 league titles but still don't seem at home with the image.

I think when it comes to the fans your comments are correct about the CL but not the Premier - i will admit i'm still starey-eyed playing the likes of Bayern, but in the Premier i now expect us to win.

I think when it comes to the players your comments maybe correct, some of them might be in awe of the likes of Bayern but for most of them, being internationals and having played for top teams most of their careers, they should not be in awe (but some probably are).

I was thinking more the right back, since it was that side of the box from which the shot arrived.

If Clichy had been there, he would have been out of position.

biggrin.png

Ah, he fell over. Then stood up and watched. Must have thought he would have been in an offside position if he came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxUhrrN3_E

Used to stand and watch for us a lot as well.

wink.png

Eh? Since when did a rightback have to occupy rightside of the box? Supposedly Sagna is good in the air, and without the replay to check, i bet he was man marking somebody therefore not necessarily "side of the box from which the shot arrived".

I would agree with you though if your post is supposed to mean Sagna wasn't much good last night (although the Guardian or Telegraph report i read said he was a good standin for Zaba...).

This sums it up for me.

I will always back every City player when he pulls the shirt on IF he puts the effort in.

I dont forgive him for the pre season nonsense. If I were Pelegrinni I would not play him for a few games. See if his attitude changes.

Family arguement here. Younger brother worships Yaya (his cat is called Yaya). I worship Merlin...best City player ever (or maybe it's King Colin). I reckon Yaya is a lazy lump - a luxury player - and only plays against lesser teams, and when he feels like it. I would bench him for a while. Its hard to believe that he was ever played at the back by Barca as he can't/won't tackle and can't/won't head a ball. Currently either he's not interested or carrying an injury (doubt it) or tired or age is catching up with those heavy bones. And playing him in the hole is/was a good ploy when we're chasing the game in the last 10 minutes, not the whole of the 2nd half.

This sums it up for me.

Family arguement here. Younger brother worships Yaya (his cat is called Yaya). I worship Merlin...best City player ever (or maybe it's King Colin). I reckon Yaya is a lazy lump - a luxury player - and only plays against lesser teams, and when he feels like it. I would bench him for a while. Its hard to believe that he was ever played at the back by Barca as he can't/won't tackle and can't/won't head a ball. Currently either he's not interested or carrying an injury (doubt it) or tired or age is catching up with those heavy bones. And playing him in the hole is/was a good ploy when we're chasing the game in the last 10 minutes, not the whole of the 2nd half.

I would agree with you.

Even before the <deleted> of pre season.

He is undoubtedly a gifted player. Scored a huge amount of goals for us last year, but also cost us a fair few by not chasing back. When he goes on his marauding runs, he is anything BUT slow, yet when it comes to chasing back even Steve Howey (remember him?rolleyes.gif ) could outpace him.

For me, considering his high wages and his childish behaviour this summer, he owes the fans big time. If his performances dont improve by Christmas, I would happily let him be sold to Madrid.

A bit early to be sticking a fork in Yaya I would think. Definitely not up to par to this point, but I would rather hope he improves than be over eager to affix a price tag to him.

My point JD is that his behaviour was not what I would accept as a City player.The birthday cake, the contract wranglings, photos and shirts being sold without his name on them and so it goes on. Now I dont have to like the man as long as he produces on the field. This season, more than any other he owed the City fans big time. He has not turned up in any game yet!!

I appreciate what he does for City on the field, though I would put at least 4 or 5 in front of him in terms of importance to the team.

I think he is gifted but lazy and has an attitude problem. He is 31. I hope I am wrong, but I dont think we will see the Yaya of old any time soon. His attitude stinks for me.

A bit early to be sticking a fork in Yaya I would think. Definitely not up to par to this point, but I would rather hope he improves than be over eager to affix a price tag to him.

My point JD is that his behaviour was not what I would accept as a City player.The birthday cake, the contract wranglings, photos and shirts being sold without his name on them and so it goes on. Now I dont have to like the man as long as he produces on the field. This season, more than any other he owed the City fans big time. He has not turned up in any game yet!!

I appreciate what he does for City on the field, though I would put at least 4 or 5 in front of him in terms of importance to the team.

I think he is gifted but lazy and has an attitude problem. He is 31. I hope I am wrong, but I dont think we will see the Yaya of old any time soon. His attitude stinks for me.

I got it J&D and I understand. Yaya was a huge reason why City won the league last season and I'm hoping he'll burn out of his funk. If not, that will be a great pity for both Yaya and City.

What annoys me is that even last season when Yaya was tremendous all it would take was one off performance and the Yaya negativity would begin. I've often had the feeling that some fans and media were more than eager for him to fail so they could have a go at him. That's not directed at you or anybody in particular, just my sense of things.

So, I'm hoping that he ups his game, helps City win another title, and we can all be happy.post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

I got it J&D and I understand. Yaya was a huge reason why City won the league last season and I'm hoping he'll burn out of his funk. If not, that will be a great pity for both Yaya and City.

What annoys me is that even last season when Yaya was tremendous all it would take was one off performance and the Yaya negativity would begin. I've often had the feeling that some fans and media were more than eager for him to fail so they could have a go at him. That's not directed at you or anybody in particular, just my sense of things.

So, I'm hoping that he ups his game, helps City win another title, and we can all be happy.post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

I will be honest. I have never been a huge fan of his. Even last year, I saw him cost us goals through his laziness. The fact he scored so many goals, for me, covered this up. I think the reason the negativity comes out, is that when a player shows disloyalty to the club, as he has ( on several occasions I hasten to add), then they have to play lights out every game in order to nullify the effect the disloyalty has on the fans.

I look at Aguero, Silva, Kompany. Great players. Try every game. Not primadonnas with this attitude. They have never tarnished the image of the club, like Yaya has.

Compare it with Tevez. He was wrong with what he did, but most of the City fans forgave him because when he went on the pitch he gave 100% EVERY time.

• Like 1

I will be honest. I have never been a huge fan of his. Even last year, I saw him cost us goals through his laziness. The fact he scored so many goals, for me, covered this up. I think the reason the negativity comes out, is that when a player shows disloyalty to the club, as he has ( on several occasions I hasten to add), then they have to play lights out every game in order to nullify the effect the disloyalty has on the fans.

I look at Aguero, Silva, Kompany. Great players. Try every game. Not primadonnas with this attitude. They have never tarnished the image of the club, like Yaya has.

Compare it with Tevez. He was wrong with what he did, but most of the City fans forgave him because when he went on the pitch he gave 100% EVERY time.

I still get it J&D, but I hope he ups his game and stays. If City put Yaya on the market he'd have suitors galore. With all his faults I'd rather have him stay than help another club. If he proves that he's not going to be helpful then send him packing. For me its too early to come to that conclusion.

whistling.gif

Seems Joe Hart doesn't agree with you either:

"It was the deflection more than anything. Either I would have got it or it would have gone wide had it not hit the guy, but that's football".

whistling.gif

"It was the deflection more than anything. Either I would have got it or it would have gone wide had it not hit the guy, but that's football".

But he would say that wouldn't he?

"I wuz robbed".

:)

Edited by Chicog

whistling.gif

But he would say that wouldn't he?

"I wuz robbed".

:)

And you would say that, wouldn't you.

I still get it J&D, but I hope he ups his game and stays. If City put Yaya on the market he'd have suitors galore. With all his faults I'd rather have him stay than help another club. If he proves that he's not going to be helpful then send him packing. For me its too early to come to that conclusion.

jelly, after all the verbal bollacks he dished out over the summer which imo were 100% aimed at testing out the transfer market the only reason he aint transfered already is cos no one can afford or wants to up his wages including yourself and ide speculate that his 'lapse' in form has more than a touch to do with his ego not being significantly fanned . game changing footballer? yeah, balanced and intellgent? very doubtful.