Manchester City

mrbojangles

A few weeks ago I posted that Aguero has the best scoring rate EVER in the Premier, and Chicog as is his norm posted stupid comments to try to counter the facts. Having read my kids 'Match' magazine I now know that it is based on players WHO HAVE PLAYED 15 GAMES OR MORE. Some player. ..let's see if Costa you're all raving about compares.

You seem quite threatened by Costa. Maybe he will be a prem great, maybe he won't, but virtually everybody is raving about him. I think you are in a minority if you wouldn't pick him in a Chelsea/City XI, but we will see.

Threatened, no. Irritated by all the hype on here, yes. Let's see his goalscoring recotd after a season or two to see if he's as good as the proven Aguero. Happy to be in a minority.

Why irritated by the hype of a striker that has "proven" that he can score thirty-six goals for Athletico last season and is seemingly proving a similar if not better worth in the ell already?

Fair question i think...

Irritated because he could fizzle out.

Irritated for the same reason you all panned P45 when he was eulogising over LVG at the start of the season.

He scored 36 goals in 54 games in an exceptional Athletico team BUT NOT in the Premier...different league, different circumstances.

He is a purpose built striker, it's not exceptional form or a hot streak, this is what he does in the right environment and Chelsea have the perfect environment to capitalise on his talent. The only thing that could stop him is that frayed hammy.

• Like 1

Aguero and Costa. Both great strikers with a history of lighting it up. My concern with KUN is his frequent injury issues. Before he was injured early last season I thought he was one of the top 5 strikers in the world. Fingers crossed he can avoid the injury bugaboo this season.

Costa is a beast and the perfect choice by Mou to get him. Costa or Lukaku ? Never a doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

don't understand the paranoia. costa's scored 8 goals already and we're still in september. he's clearly hugely effective and exactly what chelsea needed. aguero's a superb player, city are lucky to have him. why the insecurity BB?

What paranoia, what insecurity (about what...I'm not his agent)? I just don't get why you're all wetting yourselves about a player who admittedly has had a great start - in the current form team - who's not even played 10 games in the Premier...and before anybody says it, spanish and english leagues are not the same. Im just saying lets see where he is in May before I get enthused.

I've also been saying I think Aguero is the better player, better goal scorer and the records prove that.

Maybe he'll be another Negredo...amazing start, 23 goals by January and then didn't score again.

Time will tell how good he is.

• Like 1

From the Independent "Hull City, meanwhile, risked upsetting many of their own supporters by charging £50 for admission. The announcement of the attendance 22,859, some way short of a full house was greeted by chants of 50 quid, youre having a laugh. With tickets priced at £16, Saturdays match against Crystal Palace may attract a bigger attendance to see Steve Bruces side try to get their season back on track".

It's costing me +150 quid for me, the wife and 2 boys go to the City v Spurs game...don't know how my brothers and sons can afford to be regulars home and away these days.

^ Price of success BB........Aguero, Toure, et al ain't gonna stay if they're paid peanuts!

You're probably right.

I'll be in Carlisle when they play Stevenage...if the wife would let us go which she won't (id love to go), it would cost 52 quid for the four of us to sit and watch 92nd in the leagues play at home. 150 quid top football v 52 quid bottom football...becoming a rich fan's sport.

From today's 'The Fiver':

As I spent the weekend playing the new Fifa 15 it struck me how realistic and lifelike the game has become; every time I win the league and the Cup, even though I hadnt selected him in my squad, the computer generated Plain Old John Terry would don kit and join the celebrations. Wondering if any of the other readers had found similar new features? Marin Sardelic.

I'm afraid you are in denial BB. Up yo you my friend!

I'm afraid you are starstruck Carmine. Up yo you my friend!

Just a realist. Have you noticed you seem to be rather on your own in your opinion!wink.png

Bob summed it up perfectly. But as Stevie added, whats the problem you are extremely lucky to have Aguero.

I'm afraid you are in denial BB. Up yo you my friend!

I'm afraid you are starstruck Carmine. Up yo you my friend!

Just a realist. Have you noticed you seem to be rather on your own in your opinion!wink.png

Bob summed it up perfectly. But as Stevie added, whats the problem you are extremely lucky to have Aguero.

Nothing wromg with having an opinion that differs to the masses otherwise we might still believe the earth is flat as the masses thought!

Remember that this all arises from a discussion on is Aguero as good as Costa, I haven't said Costa isn't a decent player, I have just said I don't think he's as good as Aguero and he still has to prove himself in the Premier over a decent timespan - not less than 10 games- then we'll KNOW if he is really decent.

And there is no problem, just been stating my opinion, what's your problem with that?

And yes we are bloody lucky to have Aguero who has been sensational since his first game for us...55 goals in 91 Premier games I think it is now!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Aguero and Costa are both fantastic strikers.

Costa has still yet tp prove it long term in the Prem, but I'm bldy glad we've got him instead of Lukaku.

Soldado who was great in Spain is finding it difficult in the Prem.

Negredo was unbelievable up til Christmas. Then faded. Mystery to me because Negredo is a little bit like Costa. Built for the Prem I would have thought.

Any physical restriction on Costa will reduce him to ordinary because he relies on speed and strength.

Personally I'm well happy we've got players like Aguero, Costa and Falcao in the Prem.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Aguero and Costa are both fantastic strikers.

Costa has still yet tp prove it long term in the Prem, but I'm bldy glad we've got him instead of Lukaku.

Negredo was unbelievable up til Christmas. Then faded. Mystery to me because Negredo is a little bit like Costa. Built for the Prem I would have thought.

Any physical restriction on Costa will reduce him to ordinary because he relies on speed and strength.

Personally I'm well happy we've got players like Aguero, Costa and Falcao in the Prem.

With you on that. Think also that Fabregas will prove to be the buy of the summer.

With you on that. Think also that Fabregas will prove to be the buy of the summer.

Looks useful.

I've suggested on the Chelsea thread we could see Cesc play the best football he has ever played anywhere.

Assisting like crazy atm.

Could see Frank Lampard up against Ashley Cole tonight.

smile.png

Good luck. Roma doing well atm in the Pizza League.

I'm looking for a BPL win.

^ Alleged hammy Bob...Alleged! Don't start trolling the FPL lads:thumbsup:

Jose admits he is taking a big risk overplaying Costa tonight. That pretty much confirms his health or robustness is dodgy in some respect (unless you believe he is bluffing!)

Galatasaray shouldn't be too much of a test though for Arsenal tomorrow.smile.png

I fancy Monaco to beat AVB's lot.

To be fair, I'd fancy my Khmer Rovers to beat AVB's lot.

wink.png

Basel -Liverpool could be tricky. Basel were very good against our lot last season.

Edited by P45Mustang

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has challenged striker Sergio Aguero, 26, to prove he is the best footballer in the world and win the Ballon d'Or trophy. (The Sun - subscription required)

So why should Manuel want to do that?

Maybe he's been reading up about Aguero, Falcao, Costa history at Atletico Madrid.

The driven one, imho, is likely to be Costa. Certainly in the Prem.

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has challenged striker Sergio Aguero, 26, to prove he is the best footballer in the world and win the Ballon d'Or trophy. (The Sun - subscription required)

So why should Manuel want to do that?

Maybe he's been reading up about Aguero, Falcao, Costa history at Atletico Madrid.

The driven one, imho, is likely to be Costa. Certainly in the Prem.

class equalizer by totti

As a goal scorer , theres an arguement for costa, but as a footballer kon's on a different planet to Costa

Edited by rijit

Like having a toothache that won't go away. Sloppy and a step slow on defense from the get go. Not good enough in the final third.

I found myself thinking that Nasri would have been some help. That's an indication of something.