Manchester City

mrbojangles

I think it would be a coup if we could land him.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has made an official enquiry over the availability of Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus, the Express reports.

Reus was one of the most in-demand players during the summer transfer window, with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and Liverpool all keen on signing the attacking midfielder.

However the German is looking for a new lucrative contract, which Dortmund have yet to offer to the 25-year-old.

The former Borussia Mönchengladbach ace is contracted until 2017, but with a £20million release clause activating next summer, Reus could easily be persuaded to leave the Westfalenstadion.

Maybe 1 year too late?tongue.png

UEFA have confirmed that the champions of top 7 European leagues will go into Champions League pot one next season, along with holders

Maybe, maybe not Wilai. Still early in the season. But whether we win the league or not, the new seeding is much more logical now

Flattering words from Pochettino about Aguero

Mauricio Pochettino hopes Premier League’s Mozart hits a wrong note

• Pochettino: ‘Agüero is the best striker in the world’

“When he plays it is like classical music in my head,” Pochettino said. It is unbelievable. I think he is the best striker in the world. For me, he is – I love Agüero.”

Ah, but like which composer? Without hesitation, he added: “It’s like Mozart. Seriously. It is positive. Beethoven is too crazy.”

Pochettino, who played with Hernan Crespo and Gabriel Batistuta for Argentina between 1999 and 2002, did not go into comparisons with that pair, which was a shame, but he denied being biased, on the grounds of nationality, in his view of Agüero. Given what he said, he would clearly place Agüero above both.

“For me Agüero is the best. Messi is not a striker striker, Cristiano Ronaldo is not a striker striker, but Agüero is a pure, out-and-out striker. For me he is the best. Everything you have to have as a striker he has.”

Full story:- http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/17/mauricio-pochettino-premier-league

• Like 1

Flattering words from Pochettino about Aguero

Mauricio Pochettino hopes Premier League’s Mozart hits a wrong note

• Pochettino: ‘Agüero is the best striker in the world’

“When he plays it is like classical music in my head,” Pochettino said. It is unbelievable. I think he is the best striker in the world. For me, he is – I love Agüero.”

Ah, but like which composer? Without hesitation, he added: “It’s like Mozart. Seriously. It is positive. Beethoven is too crazy.”

Pochettino, who played with Hernan Crespo and Gabriel Batistuta for Argentina between 1999 and 2002, did not go into comparisons with that pair, which was a shame, but he denied being biased, on the grounds of nationality, in his view of Agüero. Given what he said, he would clearly place Agüero above both.

“For me Agüero is the best. Messi is not a striker striker, Cristiano Ronaldo is not a striker striker, but Agüero is a pure, out-and-out striker. For me he is the best. Everything you have to have as a striker he has.”

Full story:- http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/17/mauricio-pochettino-premier-league

Looks like KUN heard him !

Not a bad effort from Spurs I thought but too much Aguero. Some super saves from Joe. Fernandinho looks like the best DM in the EPL.

If KUN can avoid the niggling injuries I'd think City can certainly compete with Chelsea for the title.

Not a bad effort from Spurs I thought but too much Aguero. Some super saves from Joe. Fernandinho looks like the best DM in the EPL.

If KUN can avoid the niggling injuries I'd think City can certainly compete with Chelsea for the title.

I'm glad Spurs came and tried to play instead of doing a Chelsea and parking the bus. Quite an enjoyable game, with some twitchy moments. Happy with the three points out of that.

Agree about Aguero. He's a sublime player and we need to keep him fit.

Just back from the game...we've made a 1 game pilgrimage in each of the past 3 seasons [2 seasons ago City 3v2 Soton, last season 4v0 Newcastle, and 4v1 Spurs today...my boys have yet to experience the bitter taste of defeat.

154 quid for the 4 of us...so expensive.

Great game for tv...both sides had plenty of chances and for 50 odd minutes or so could have gone any way.

City weren't great (like most of this season...we seem to be missing something)...but we're 2nd while not performing at our best.

Aguro was up for it, had loads of chances and was named Man of thed Match but really it was Joe Hart who had an excellent game and made some big saves.

Fernando was well of the pace, was a liability with the ball and gifted their goal.

Sagna average...we missed Zaba.

Lampard was probably best player until he was carried off very distressed...looked like thigh injury.

Navas was useful.

Milner had an excellent game and like Zaba is very popular.

My hero Silva didn't have a great game but as usual never gave up buzzing. Spurs gave his ankles a kicking.

Decent amount of Spurs fans at the game.

The 3rd tier extension behind the goal is coming along well.

Great day out!

I was a long way from our 1st penalty and I haven't seen a replay yet but it looked very iffy.

Maybe a soft penalty but I thought Lamela got enough of Lampard to justify it. An awkward challenge and he paid for it.

"Rotting Corpse" ?

To RottingCopse

"Replays showed Soldado had been marginally outside the area when Martín Demichelis tripped him but, equally, the visitors were aggrieved with the first of Citys penalties, when Frank Lampard went down under the slightest of touches from the accident-prone Erik Lamela" - Guardian