Manchester City

mrbojangles

Most predictable result of the day. Tottenham as spineless as ever. That never seems to change, no matter who the manager is.

What utter nonsense! It takes two teams to make an enjoyable game like that and if you saw it which i doubt you would also know that Hart had an excellent game and needed to make some fine saves. If you had seen the game another thing you would have noticed was that it was very competitive until Soldado missed the penalty on sixty minutes.

Theres not a defense in the league that wouldn't have struggled with Aguero yesterday.

You should have watched it, because as i've said it was a very decent game.

• Like 1

For all you Costa lovers out there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29678081

You're sounding a bit hung up on Costa. Sounds a bit personal and it shouldn't. Posters are going to constantly draw comparisons between the best strikers in the league because thats the way it is. Its has nothing to do with Aguero being a City player or Costa a Chelsea player.

Sorry to any Spurs fans on these pages, but I can't see you making the top 6...some decent players but overall there are 6 better teams around.

Why should we ? why not talk about West Ham or Stoke finishing in the top 6 ? lowest net spenders in the league so currently punching well above our weight thumbsup.gif

It was a penalty. A soft one but a penalty nonetheless.

I think this is one of these ones where the ref should be asking himself 2 questions :

A. If the player doesn't go down is it a penalty ?

B. Was there enough contact to warrant going down ? if one of the answers is a yes then it's a penalty

Too many times in these instances the ref is making the decision on weather the plays goes down or not and not on the actual infridgement, therefore they are actually encouraging the players to go down !!!

It was a penalty. A soft one but a penalty nonetheless.

I think this is one of these ones where the ref should be asking himself 2 questions :

A. If the player doesn't go down is it a penalty ?

B. Was there enough contact to warrant going down ? if one of the answers is a yes then it's a penalty

Too many times in these instances the ref is making the decision on weather the plays goes down or not and not on the actual infridgement, therefore they are actually encouraging the players to go down !!!

All fair points mate but until the FA sits down with all the refs to discuss they will continue awarding these soft ones, often to the detriment of a good match.

Thought the ref for this game was absolutely dreadful overall.

Note to Bredbury regards our top six potential....your posts seem to range from well written, constructive to ill thought and just plain daft. this was unfortunately daft to put it mildly.

Theres thirty games to go may i remind you and if it wasn't for Aguero and a missed penalty by us there wasn't much in it but doubtless those rose tinted specs you wear tell a vastly different story to everyone else.

You're sounding a bit hung up on Costa. Sounds a bit personal and it shouldn't. Posters are going to constantly draw comparisons between the best strikers in the league because thats the way it is. Its has nothing to do with Aguero being a City player or Costa a Chelsea player.

Wrong! You need to read my earlier posts. Nothing against Costa at all, looks a good player, but unlike some of you, I don't believe he's in the same class as Aguero. Not sure why you continually oppose my posts which comment as such...which makes me wonder is that personal?

Sorry to any Spurs fans on these pages, but I can't see you making the top 6...some decent players but overall there are 6 better teams around.

Why should we ? why not talk about West Ham or Stoke finishing in the top 6 ? lowest net spenders in the league so currently punching well above our weight thumbsup.gif

Sorry but I always thought Spurs were a bigger better richer club than the likes of West Ham or Stoke but do I assume from your comment they are not?

• Like 1

Note to Bredbury regards our top six potential....your posts seem to range from well written, constructive to ill thought and just plain daft. this was unfortunately daft to put it mildly.

Theres thirty games to go may i remind you and if it wasn't for Aguero and a missed penalty by us there wasn't much in it but doubtless those rose tinted specs you wear tell a vastly different story to everyone else.

"ill thought and just plain daft" listen to you eh...sounding rather arrogant and holier than thou there.

So taking this supposed example, why is it daft? Yes Spurs tried to go toe to toe with City playing on the counter and looked quite tidy at times playing in and around Fernando who had a mare, but defensively very shabby. Think i also already said MoM was Joe Hart not Aguero for making vital saves. But all in all I don't see a top 6 side. You with your rose tinted specs apparently do.

I gave you my opinion, so what's your opinion of Spurs finishing position then?

I do hope you read the very interesting article?

Sorry but I always thought Spurs were a bigger better richer club than the likes of West Ham or Stoke but do I assume from your comment they are not?

Bigger doesn't come into it as if that was the case then you'd be half way down the league !

Anyway you seem to have trouble reading and as you should well know it's all about who net spends the most laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Bigger doesn't come into it as if that was the case then you'd be half way down the league !

Anyway you seem to have trouble reading and as you should well know it's all about who net spends the most laugh.png

Ho Hum, looks like Alfie is back to writing <deleted> on the City thread.clap2.gif

The scousers had your rounders down, no use coming running on here for cover.laugh.png

• Like 1

Ho Hum, looks like Alfie is back to writing <deleted> on the City thread.clap2.gif

The scousers had your rounders down, no use coming running on here for cover.laugh.png

What part of my comment then Mystic ?

Try all of it.rolleyes.gif

If it was all about who spent the most net spend this year then United would be top and Southampton bottom.

Its not about the amount of money spent, its how you spend it. Its very easy to spend on cr@p, which your lot found when you managed to mismanage the 'Bale Fund'tongue.png

• Like 1

If it was all about who spent the most net spend this year then United would be top and Southampton bottom.

Its not about the amount of money spent, its how you spend it. Its very easy to spend on cr@p, which your lot found when you managed to mismanage the 'Bale Fund'tongue.png

Obviously Utd are the exception biggrin.png

To be fair Its not about the teams who net spend the most in 1 season, its about the teams who consistently have large net spends every season thus ensuring they are at the top of the table.

To be fair Its not about the teams who net spend the most in 1 season, its about the teams who consistently have large net spends every season thus ensuring they are at the top of the table.

Our net spend this year less than 25 million.

It doesnt have to be massive amounts every year. We have spent massively in the past, but our big signings over the past few years have been mainly successful.

Give you an example. You and I went head to head over who was the better buy. Paulinho or Fernandhino. I was right, even though Fernandhino was more money, it was money well spent.

Fernandhino and Negredo cost about the same as Paulinho and Soldado. All bought around the same time.

2 have made their mark, 2 havent. If they were sold today we would not lose money, Spurs would.

It doesnt have to be massive amounts every year. We have spent massively in the past, but our big signings over the past few years have been mainly successful.

Give you an example. You and I went head to head over who was the better buy. Paulinho or Fernandhino. I was right, even though Fernandhino was more money, it was money well spent.

Fernandhino and Negredo cost about the same as Paulinho and Soldado. All bought around the same time.

2 have made their mark, 2 havent. If they were sold today we would not lose money, Spurs would.

Just an average of 58m per season over the last 5 yearscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"ill thought and just plain daft" listen to you eh...sounding rather arrogant and holier than thou there.

So taking this supposed example, why is it daft? Yes Spurs tried to go toe to toe with City playing on the counter and looked quite tidy at times playing in and around Fernando who had a mare, but defensively very shabby. Think i also already said MoM was Joe Hart not Aguero for making vital saves. But all in all I don't see a top 6 side. You with your rose tinted specs apparently do.

How on earth would i know where we'll finish. Its october &lt;deleted&gt;!!

Wrong! You need to read my earlier posts. Nothing against Costa at all, looks a good player, but unlike some of you, I don't believe he's in the same class as Aguero. Not sure why you continually oppose my posts which comment as such...which makes me wonder is that personal?

How on earth can it be personal when we've never met? Don't be childish.

Fact is, when you come out with rubbish about us not being good enough to finish in the top six, and its still only mid october and we've just gone up to one of the title contenders in a game where your keeper was one of the best players i think i and anyone else is entitled to think you are a bit of a trolling idiot.

I just find the other regular City posters are generally far more objective and tend to think before they post.

Have a lovely day.

How on earth would i know where we'll finish. Its october <deleted>!!

So we conclude that you have no opinion on where your team Spurs will finish this season. Doh!

How on earth can it be personal when we've never met? Don't be childish.

Fact is, when you come out with rubbish about us not being good enough to finish in the top six, and its still only mid october and we've just gone up to one of the title contenders in a game where your keeper was one of the best players i think i and anyone else is entitled to think you are a bit of a trolling idiot.

I just find the other regular City posters are generally far more objective and tend to think before they post.

Have a lovely day.

You seem to like stating that I am being personal (why would i have a personal problem with Costa? Now that WAS a rubbish comment from you) when I give an opinion but when you do...never mind. You also dont like when I state my opinion (spurs wont finish in the top 6 from what ive seen of your and the other teams) and call that rubbish. Why? I've been watching football for long enough to know a bit about it and form an opinion....you apparently have no opinion on where you'll finish. Have a lovely day...seriously.

whistling.gif
7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

With no CSK fans allowed and getting 37,000 against Roma it makes perfect sense Bob. It's funny really as most (if not all) home games in the prem are sell outs but for the CL they struggle.

Don't forget Negrado Jack. Even though he's on loan, it's a cast iron transfer with monies due in the summer. So in reality our net spend is about 1 or 2 million.

So even though he hasn't set the world alight your going to get more for him than you paid, that Mystic jack thing is catching !

Anyway your net spend this season is less than 25m so when you sell Negrado next season it brings your net spend this season to about 1 or 2 million cheesy.gif you should have been an accountant bj laugh.png

Perhaps you need to look into the future with Jack and add in other transfer dealings from next season cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't forget Negrado Jack. Even though he's on loan, it's a cast iron transfer with monies due in the summer. So in reality our net spend is about 1 or 2 million.

So even though he hasn't set the world alight your going to get more for him than you paid, that Mystic jack thing is catching !

Alfie, you really are the gift that keeps on giving. No wonder you keep getting it from the Liverpool boys!!cheesy.gif

If you are going to have a pop, at least do a LITTLE bit of research.rolleyes.gif

We bought Negredo for about 16 million. The deal with Valencia has a 'must buy' clause for the end of the season for 21 million.

So it means we make a profit of about 5 million.

Nextrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Alfie, you really are the gift that keeps on giving. No wonder you keep getting it from the Liverpool boys!!cheesy.gif

If you are going to have a pop, at least do a LITTLE bit of research.rolleyes.gif

We bought Negredo for about 16 million. The deal with Valencia has a 'must buy' clause for the end of the season for 21 million.

Nextrolleyes.gif

About 16m whistling.gif

Fernandinho £30,000,000 Carlos Tevez £12,000,000 Álvaro Negredo £20,600,000

Edited by alfieconn

Just an average of 58m per season over the last 5 yearscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not saying anything on this one mystic laugh.png

Nextrolleyes.gif

About 16m whistling.gif

16.4 actually. Add ons would take it to 20.6M.

Now I would have thought any reasonably intelligent person would think the ad ons would be minimal as he was there for less than a season and he was also injured. We are getting back 21 million, so we are making a profit!!

Thats the point I was making. So how much profit do you think you would make on Soldudo??cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nextfacepalm.gif

Nextrolleyes.gif

About 16m whistling.gif

16.4 actually. Add ons would take it to 20.6M.

Now I would have thought any reasonably intelligent person would think the ad ons would be minimal as he was there for less than a season and he was also injured. We are getting back 21 million, so we are making a profit!!

Thats the point I was making. So how much profit do you think you would make on Soldudo??cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nextfacepalm.gif

So the website I use has it wrong, it still doesn't mean you can add it into this years figs !

Big loss on Soldado if he was sold at the moment !