Manchester City

mrbojangles

Obviously Utd are the exception biggrin.png

To be fair Its not about the teams who net spend the most in 1 season, its about the teams who consistently have large net spends every season thus ensuring they are at the top of the table.

Our net spend this year less than 25 million.

It doesnt have to be massive amounts every year. We have spent massively in the past, but our big signings over the past few years have been mainly successful.

Give you an example. You and I went head to head over who was the better buy. Paulinho or Fernandhino. I was right, even though Fernandhino was more money, it was money well spent.

Fernandhino and Negredo cost about the same as Paulinho and Soldado. All bought around the same time.

2 have made their mark, 2 havent. If they were sold today we would not lose money, Spurs would.

Just an average of 58m per season over the last 5 yearscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not saying anything on this one mystic laugh.png

Its been done to death already.

We had to spend big in order to catch up with the big boys. It was last chance saloon with FFP coming in.

We spent big and as a result we have won the league twice.

We are very lucky to have the Sheikh as any City fan will admit.

However in the main the money HAS been well spent.

The money you have spent has not been so and you appear to be getting further behind.

United started lagging and have now had to spend big to catch up.

You have the money but refuse to spend it..... your prerogative. But when you break the bank and your transfer record twice in a short while and buy 2 Duck eggs, then thats just bad business.

With no CSK fans allowed and getting 37,000 against Roma it makes perfect sense Bob. It's funny really as most (if not all) home games in the prem are sell outs but for the CL they struggle.

Can't say it doesn't make sense to fill the ground, just baffles me why you can't fill it. It's not as if there is a lack of support. I can't get a Liverpool ticket for love nor money.

Will be interesting to see if it is full, you'd expect enough cheap charlies to come out of the woodwork...

Anyway your net spend this season is less than 25m so when you sell Negrado next season it brings your net spend this season to about 1 or 2 million cheesy.gif you should have been an accountant bj laugh.png

alfie. It's a binding contract. Do you know what a Creditor is? Do you know what a Debtor is? If so, you wouldn't be asking daft questions like that. Did you know that there are very few clubs who pay the full transfer fee all up, in one single payment? Terms are common practise where a club will pay in stage payments of a % in year one, a further payment in year two etc and can also include caveats relating to appearances. Yet, when a player is sold they don't mention the stage payments and just say a player cost 50mil. Even though the reality could be 30mil year one, 10mil year two and the final 10mil in year three.

As a side note. Negrado was a bladdy good player whom we and Pellegrini would have liked to have kept except for:

a) having to conform to FFP restrictions placed on us including a transfer and wage cap

and

B) Negrado's injury meant that he wouldn't have been named in the CL squad. With our FFP reduction of squad size, coupled with too many johnny foreigners, it was pure business sense to sell him instead of one of the other players.

Simples innit thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

With no CSK fans allowed and getting 37,000 against Roma it makes perfect sense Bob. It's funny really as most (if not all) home games in the prem are sell outs but for the CL they struggle.

Can't say it doesn't make sense to fill the ground, just baffles me why you can't fill it. It's not as if there is a lack of support. I can't get a Liverpool ticket for love nor money.

Will be interesting to see if it is full, you'd expect enough cheap charlies to come out of the woodwork...

If I was back living in the UK now and had my season ticket, I wouldn't be buying a CL ticket either. As many of us stated even before the season started, myself and a lot of City fans want to put two fingers up to Platini this year. Reduced squad, wage cap, transfer cap etc. Well stuff em, I prefer to concentrate on the Premier League this year.

• Like 1

Anyway your net spend this season is less than 25m so when you sell Negrado next season it brings your net spend this season to about 1 or 2 million cheesy.gif you should have been an accountant bj laugh.png

alfie. It's a binding contract. Do you know what a Creditor is? Do you know what a Debtor is? If so, you wouldn't be asking daft questions like that. Did you know that there are very few clubs who pay the full transfer fee all up, in one single payment? Terms are common practise where a club will pay in stage payments of a % in year one, a further payment in year two etc and can also include caveats relating to appearances. Yet, when a player is sold they don't mention the stage payments and just say a player cost 50mil. Even though the reality could be 30mil year one, 10mil year two and the final 10mil in year three.

As a side note. Negrado was a bladdy good player whom we and Pellegrini would have liked to have kept except for:

a) having to conform to FFP restrictions placed on us including a transfer and wage cap

and

cool.png Negrado's injury meant that he wouldn't have been named in the CL squad. With our FFP reduction of squad size, coupled with too many johnny foreigners, it was pure business sense to sell him instead of one of the other players.

Simples innit thumbsup.gif

I know all that but the whole point is that he hasn't been sold has he ? so why are you giving me all that which applies to a transfer facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Even though he's on loan, it's a cast iron transfer with monies due in the summer

So there's no transfer fee included this years transfers, but if you want to include it be my guest, and while your at it why don't you include any purchases from next season, I'm sure mystic will be able to look into his crystal ball and tell you who they are biggrin.png

Just for your info

Season 14/15 Bacary Sagna Free Costel Pantilimon Free Fernando £12,000,000 Joleon Lescott Free Willy Caballero £6,000,000 Alex Henshall Free Bruno Zuculini £1,500,000 Gareth Barry £2,000,000 Eliaquim Mangala £32,000,000 Alex nimely Released Jack Rodwell £10,000,000 Javia Garcia £13,000,000 Emyr Huws £2,500,000 Reece Wabara Released Thomas Agyiri Released Kieran Kennedy Released George Swan Released PTS POS £51,500,000 £27,500,000 £24,000,000 Season 13/14

Edited by alfieconn

You guys need to support a club whose net spend has been zero for 20 years.

We just concentrate on the football laugh.png

No thanks Ups. I have had enough of that for nearly all my life supporting City. I much prefer the current situation. It's like winning the pools (is the pools still around nowadays?)and then saying I preferred it when I was skint. tongue.png

Aguero starting in cold Moscow. A bit of a gamble with those muscle woes.

It's a wonderful 2 degrees, lovely autumn eve for snapping cold elastic

I think the only time KUN stretches is when he yawns before getting out of bed.sad.png

• Like 1

whistling.gif

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

No pics of Wooney! :D

Half ass performance in the second period. Now to develop a strategy to avoid the Europa League.facepalm.gif

After such a good first half....lethargic second half....lack of desire??

Maybe, and they looked a little bushed as well. Either way just not acceptable.

I hope we're not playing Thursdays in Upper <deleted> Mongolia.facepalm.gif

Half ass performance in the second period. Now to develop a strategy to avoid the Europa League.facepalm.gif

I hope we're not playing Thursdays in Upper Mongolia.facepalm.gif

New flavour of pie for you lot.....;)

New flavour of pie for you lot.....wink.png

Turd meringue.bah.gif

• Like 1

New flavour of pie for you lot.....wink.png

Turd meringue.bah.gif

That was nearly as bad as drawing with the Baggies smile.png

Strange one smokes. Don't know whether the empty stadium played a part or not, it even felt weird watching it on telly. But the penalty was an absolute joke. I just hope now if we go into the Europa we play the academy lads and don't risk our first team

Strange one smokes. Don't know whether the empty stadium played a part or not, it even felt weird watching it on telly. But the penalty was an absolute joke. I just hope now if we go into the Europa we play the academy lads and don't risk our first team

I would have thought that they were use to it biggrin.png

• Like 2

Deserved lead for WHU. yet again most of the City team haven't turned up. If that same team come out with the same attitude for the 2nd half we'll lose. Dzeko and Fernando off for me (wouldnt mind Demoi on for Mangala but he wont) and Milner and Fernandinho on with a 451. Just don't think we'll do it today.