Manchester City

mrbojangles

Theres lots of theories as to why City have dipped in form, and Im sure youve seem most of them, if not all.

1) Since many key players signed new extended contracts theyve gone into the comfort zone

2) Since they moved to the new training complex, their routine has been compromised

3) The 4-4-2 system

4) Not having a plan B

5) Various individuals [insert name here] not being good enough

6) Play Milner more, when he plays we win

7) Drop Yaya Toure, hes not interested anymore, hes the problem

8) The players that have been brought in by Pellegrini (under his tenure) have taken the club backwards

9) City have been worked out by the opposition

10) Too many defensive changes made from match to match (Shaun Goater)

11) UEFA (FFP)

12) Eliaquim Mangala

13) A lack of pace, playing predictable crab like football14) Everyone is against us

Thats just a few of the theories that have been put forward, Im sure there are many more. Maybe theres truth in some/all/none of the above, but one thing that a couple of set backs illustrates to me is the different way that we all look at the game.Some see the job of a fan as wearing blue tinted spectacles, constantly suggesting that theres nothing wrong and that the club will win every remaining game, overhaul whatever gap, and jump over every obstacle. Others think a couple of defeats are the end of the world and everyone should be sacked, dropped and everything should be changed.

Older City fans are only too aware that winning is not a right no matter how big your stadium, how well paid your players are and how much the media hype or vilify the team.

See more at: http://www.mcfcforum.com/latest-news/4800-ian-cheeseman-blogs-what-s-going-or-gone-wrong#sthash.LvlQqG8q.dpuf

Interesting fact (from the Mirror):

progress in the Champions League can require patience.United played 19 games in their first three Champions League seasons - they won eight, lost seven and drew four.City played 20 games in their first three Champions League seasons - they won eight, lost eight, drew four.

Also from a Mirror article:

There ARE issues Manuel Pellegrini has to tackle.Elaquim Mangala looks no more than Micah Richards with an exotic name and exotic price tag, Yaya Toure is ambling, Fernandinho looks like an imposter compared to the imposing character of the last campaign.

But Pellegrini still has the best squad in English football, City still play a vibrant, attractive style of football, averaging over two goals a game in the Premier League.They were careless in Moscow, unlucky at Upton Park, mediocre against Newcastle.

But even if they fail to win, there should be no panic.There wont be from seasoned City supporters.Those who watched them through thin and thin at Maine Road know what a crisis is and this isn't one.

There ARE issues Manuel Pellegrini has to tackle.Elaquim Mangala looks no more than Micah Richards with an exotic name and exotic price tag, Yaya Toure is ambling, Fernandinho looks like an imposter compared to the imposing character of the last campaign.

But Pellegrini still has the best squad in English football, City still play a vibrant, attractive style of football, averaging over two goals a game in the Premier League.They were careless in Moscow, unlucky at Upton Park, mediocre against Newcastle.

But even if they fail to win, there should be no panic.There wont be from seasoned City supporters.Those who watched them through thin and thin at Maine Road know what a crisis is and this isn't one.

Who's the clown at the Mirror that thinks City have a better squad than Chelsea?

Who's the clown at the Mirror that thinks City have a better squad than Chelsea?

Andy Dunn http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-arent-crisis---4548065 . I take it you don't agree. So which club in your opinion has the best squad then?

Red card to the referee, Mr. Bobbins, who bottled key decisions and failed to give City 2 penalties. Luckily for him City did it without fair referring decisions anyhow, to save his embarrasment.

Thought Pelles substitutions nearly gave it away there...they got stronger from our subs than we did. Milner, unless he was injured should never have come off, his energy and the way he links up is vital to us and I thought he and Clichy were excellent. Nasri needed to come on that is clear but it should have been for Jovetic...we would have still controlled midfield while having fresh legs in Nasri. Dzeko sub was terrible...made us weaker...he did nothing...jogged around.

Seen as Clichy came in with Kolorovs injury in earm up I thought Clichy was excellent. Joe saved us a few times (as he did vs Spurs)...are you watching Willy.

We deserved that win. 4 wins on the run!

Red card to the referee, Mr. Bobbins, who bottled key decisions and failed to give City 2 penalties. Luckily for him City did it without fair referring decisions anyhow, to save his embarrasment.

Thought Pelles substitutions nearly gave it away there...they got stronger from our subs than we did. Milner, unless he was injured should never have come off, his energy and the way he links up is vital to us and I thought he and Clichy were excellent. Nasri needed to come on that is clear but it should have been for Jovetic...we would have still controlled midfield while having fresh legs in Nasri. Dzeko sub was terrible...made us weaker...he did nothing...jogged around.

Seen as Clichy came in with Kolorovs injury in earm up I thought Clichy was excellent. Joe saved us a few times (as he did vs Spurs)...are you watching Willy.

We deserved that win. 4 wins on the run!

Thanks for the update as I was unable to see the game. Seems Dzeko is reverting to his frustrating form from two seasons ago.

As I say I didn't see the game, but at times it seems that Pellegrini underestimates the need to hold the ball and maintain possession late in matches when City is ahead. That is my main complaint about his substitutions.

Ref was terrible. Lets be kind and say he missed 2 clear pens.

My biggest disappointment was Navas. Someone needs to tell him what the purpose of a 'winger' is. He took his man on exactly once and created a goal scoring opportunity.

City should have killed this game off and it was worrying that they so nearly gave it away.

Andy Dunn http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-arent-crisis---4548065 . I take it you don't agree. So which club in your opinion has the best squad then?

Chelsea has the best squad easily...probably with the exception of their strikers...an area they seem light.

Chelsea has the best squad easily...probably with the exception of their strikers...an area they seem light.

Intersting. So why do you think Chelsea's squad is easily the best and better than City's?

No jack, lets not be kind. That muppet didn't give at least 4 clear, stone wall penalties. Even United fans I was sat with admitted that. He should be accompanying Clattenburg at the next Ed Sheeron gig. Cos he has no place in reffing a football match, especially a big game like a derby.

No jack, lets not be kind. That muppet didn't give at least 4 clear, stone wall penalties. Even United fans I was sat with admitted that. He should be accompanying Clattenburg at the next Ed Sheeron gig. Cos he has no place in reffing a football match, especially a big game like a derby.

I thought the ref was bobbins but lets get some perspective on this and ask a red for their opinion on the ref and the pens. Maybe Nev will drop by.

on

I thought the ref was bobbins but lets get some perspective on this and ask a red for their opinion on the ref and the pens. Maybe Nev will drop by.

on

As I said BB, the reds I were sat with even agreed

on

Just saw some highlights. I don't think the challenge on Yaya was a red, but the trip on KUN a definite.

Looks like Rojo separated a shoulder ? No Rojo for a while if so and no Smalling either.

Intersting. So why do you think Chelsea's squad is easily the best and better than City's?

They are beating or holding everyone without breaking a sweat. Injury to their key strikers has not stopped their momentum. There is flexibility and options in the squad. They can adapt to any team that is put in front of them and win. They are showing no signs of letting up. They have not lost a match in all competitions.

Edited by BangrakBob

on

Just saw some highlights. I don't think the challenge on Yaya was a red, but the trip on KUN a definite.

Looks like Rojo separated a shoulder ? No Rojo for a while if so and no Smalling either.

I think the Fellani on Kun was, Rojo on Yaya was a pen and sending off, but the Carrick trip on Kun might have been harsh.

Chelsea and Burnley.