Manchester City

mrbojangles

How was nasri not booked? Ref been very inconsistent. We deserve nothing. Moscow been yhe better team.

Should have been a straight red for Nasri.

What an ugly meltdown. Best to forget this mess and focus on the EPL. Not that we're going to have any choice !

I'm sure the refs we had in those two CSK matches were part of the FFP punishment.

63% possession, 15 shots to their 7 but 2 sloppy defensive errors and a series of poor individual performances cost us. Oh and going down to 9 men didn't help either. Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup

I'm sure the refs we had in those two CSK matches were part of the FFP punishment.

63% possession, 15 shots to their 7 but 2 sloppy defensive errors and a series of poor individual performances cost us. Oh and going down to 9 men didn't help either. Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup

Shouldn't have a problem with that one tongue.png but anyway why wouldn't you want to win it ? if you aren't in it that only leaves you one chance of silverware ! and besides perhaps you could double the amount of European trophies you've won !

Edited by alfieconn

"Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup"

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

There were absolutely no positives from that game. Moscow were by far the better team. I got out of bed 10 minutes before kickoff and I think so to did the players. Not one player merited 6 out of 10. Clichy in the 1st half was awful but improved in the 2nd. Demi was unusually nervous. We created barely anthing. Aguero was hardly seen until right at the end. I kept waiting for us to srart playing and we never did. After Fernandinho sending off, the ref failibg to send off their player (he booked the wrong player) you could see the players seething with injustice...nasri should have got a card or off but the ref missed that one then yaya lost his head.

What is going wrong out there. Playing without silva doesn't help but im sure pelles constant 442 means every team turns up knowing we wont surprise them.

Its hard to see us turning this around as we have rarely played well for 90 minutes this season.

"Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup"

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

You think we won't finish in the top 4 of the Prem?

Playing thursday's is a big distraction for the prem. I said before the season even started that I wasn't bothered about the Champions League this year, due to reduced squad size, wage caps, salary caps and fines, so why should I want to drop into the UEFA?

Shouldn't have a problem with that one tongue.png but anyway why wouldn't you want to win it ? if you aren't in it that only leaves you one chance of silverware ! and besides perhaps you could double the amount of European trophies you've won !

Only one chance of silverware? Yeah we have hit a bad patch but we are only 6 points behind Chelsea. There's still a long way to go in the prem yet and Chelsea will have some slip ups along the way.

Agreed - the Europa League having a CL entry coupon (is it even a straight entry or just into the last qualifier?) makes it an entirely different proposition. Doubt that Man City need that card, but Arsenal yet might*!

Commiserations - it's a poor CL season for the Prem this year (absent Chelsea) due to losses of form and bad decision making. Scudamore and non-tribal UK football fans are disappointed.

*I put our entry into the Europa as a 10% 'risk' only though - it needs Borussia deciding to stick the knife in deep, having beaten us at the Emirates on 26th November (60% likely) and then allowing Anderlecht to beat them at Westfalonstadion (50%); that combined with us not getting a point at Galatasary on the last night (30%).

There were absolutely no positives from that game. Moscow were by far the better team. I got out of bed 10 minutes before kickoff and I think so to did the players. Not one player merited 6 out of 10. Clichy in the 1st half was awful but improved in the 2nd. Demi was unusually nervous. We created barely anthing. Aguero was hardly seen until right at the end. I kept waiting for us to srart playing and we never did. After Fernandinho sending off, the ref failibg to send off their player (he booked the wrong player) you could see the players seething with injustice...nasri should have got a card or off but the ref missed that one then yaya lost his head.

What is going wrong out there. Playing without silva doesn't help but im sure pelles constant 442 means every team turns up knowing we wont surprise them.

Its hard to see us turning this around as we have rarely played well for 90 minutes this season.

I agree with the fact that I dont recall a single 90 minutes where we have played exceptionally well.

I dont blame 442. It doesnt matter what formation or what tactics you adhere to, if the players arent playing with their heart on their sleeve, its irrelevant.

Last night there were far to many players ambling around without putting their soul into it. Too many.

Yes the referee was poor, but you cannot use that as an excuse.

Something is wrong at the club. I dont know what it is.

Maybe the fact that our players are now being over pampered. State of the art training facilities, ridiculous wages. Comfort zone reached. I just dont see the fight in City and it could be that there is a cancerous influence in that dressing room. I dont know. But this is not the same City that I have followed all my life.

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

Yes it was worst than poor,pampered yes ,overpaid ? they all are only consolation if any is that

1 Liverpool put up the white flag to RM. No matter what spin Rodgers puts on it.

2 Arsenal threw away a 3 goal lead to Anderlecht

3 Chelsea drew with Slovenia's Maribor who would struggle to win the Championship.

Not a great week for English football. If the highest sought trophy in world club football isn't seriously worth,as a player or manager, giving 100% too..there is a big problem.

I agree with the fact that I dont recall a single 90 minutes where we have played exceptionally well.

I dont blame 442. It doesnt matter what formation or what tactics you adhere to, if the players arent playing with their heart on their sleeve, its irrelevant.

Last night there were far to many players ambling around without putting their soul into it. Too many.

Maybe the fact that our players are now being over pampered. State of the art training facilities, ridiculous wages. Comfort zone reached. I just dont see the fight in City and it could be that there is a cancerous influence in that dressing room. I dont know. But this is not the same City that I have followed all my life.

I don't know what the problem is either, but a "player's manager" sometimes ends up with players without enough discipline and drive. Maybe Pellegrini needs to apply a "hairdryer" to the problem.coffee1.gif

I don't know what the problem is either, but a "player's manager" sometimes ends up with players without enough discipline and drive. Maybe Pellegrini needs to apply a "hairdryer" to the problem.coffee1.gif

Yes Pellegrini is starting to look weak and needs to address this one. He looked more nervous than his players in the second half against United

it the three IMO most important players, ie match winners/turners , aguarro, silva injured i know , and ya ya for one reason or the other arn't quite firing on all cylinders ie scoring a few get one or two of them right and performing and they will, the rest more or less IMO will fall into place. oh and the best season dzeko had was when he had competition, loaning negrado out you've taken away the comp and the result? the ref was truly shocking, if he'd booked the right player and sent him off as he would have on his second yellow, down to 10 men,100% that game would have had a different resolution.

• Like 1

it the three IMO most important players, ie match winners/turners , aguarro, silva injured i know , and ya ya for one reason or the other arn't quite firing on all cylinders ie scoring a few get one or two of them right and performing and they will, the rest more or less IMO will fall into place. oh and the best season dzeko had was when he had competition, loaning negrado out you've taken away the comp and the result? the ref was truly shocking, if he'd booked the right player and sent him off as he would have on his second yellow, down to 10 men,100% that game would have had a different resolution.

"the ref was truly shocking,..."

Yes he missed the 'nailed on' red card he should have given to Nasri. Interesting that Aguero was booked for diving, having the 'extra' ref behind the goal assisted the 'real' ref in that decision, .I am not a big fan of the extra refs but if they can stop diving, fine. In a Premier league game, Aguero would have got a penalty under the same circumstances, perhaps there is a case for the extra refs after all.

Edited by PREM-R

Yes he missed the 'nailed on' red card he should have given to Nasri. Interesting that Aguero was booked for diving, having the 'extra' ref behind the goal assisted the 'real' ref in that decision, .I am not a big fan of the extra refs but if they can stop diving, fine. In a Premier league game, Aguero would have got a penalty under the same circumstances, perhaps there is a case for the extra refs after all.

Awww bless, the anti City vitriol from you comes out yet again! Is this something to do with the 70s?

Anyway the point was that the ref was shocking. Of all the bad decisions he made, you pick up on one. He did see the Nasri incident.... it was right in front of him.

and Aguero does not dive. It was a penalty, there was contact.

Awww bless, the anti City vitriol from you comes out yet again! Is this something to do with the 70s?

Anyway the point was that the ref was shocking. Of all the bad decisions he made, you pick up on one. He did see the Nasri incident.... it was right in front of him.

Didn't see the whole match, just caught the last 15-20 minutes when I got in yesterday afternoon. Score was already 2-1 to CSKA. Did see YaYa raise his hands to the CSKA player, straight red card correctly given, did see Nasri kick the legs from under the CSKA player, should have been a straight red card, nothing given. Surprised at the booing at the end of the match, perhaps City fans have had too much success, too quickly.

• Like 1

Bit surprised by some of Pelles comments recently regarding the players lack of confidence...he might think it but shouldn't speak it. You can sense that the media is stirring this up and want Pelles head...great story for them. His team selection, formation and tactics have got to be spot on this weekend and he needs the players to be up for a battle right from kickoff. ..they need to compete and match QPRs workrate and effort. He needs to pick players who are going battle...not sure the likes of dzeko jovetic nasri and others fancy that. Should be interesting.

Agree with all that JD but regards Aguero, you are rather charitable. Wonderful player and no, he's not a serial diver but he goes down far too easy. Frankly, against United last weekend if he'd made the slightest effort to stay on his feet he probably would have been awarded a justified penalty.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2