Manchester City

mrbojangles

it the three IMO most important players, ie match winners/turners , aguarro, silva injured i know , and ya ya for one reason or the other arn't quite firing on all cylinders ie scoring a few get one or two of them right and performing and they will, the rest more or less IMO will fall into place. oh and the best season dzeko had was when he had competition, loaning negrado out you've taken away the comp and the result? the ref was truly shocking, if he'd booked the right player and sent him off as he would have on his second yellow, down to 10 men,100% that game would have had a different resolution.

"the ref was truly shocking,..."

Yes he missed the 'nailed on' red card he should have given to Nasri. Interesting that Aguero was booked for diving, having the 'extra' ref behind the goal assisted the 'real' ref in that decision, .I am not a big fan of the extra refs but if they can stop diving, fine. In a Premier league game, Aguero would have got a penalty under the same circumstances, perhaps there is a case for the extra refs after all.

Awww bless, the anti City vitriol from you comes out yet again! Is this something to do with the 70s?

Anyway the point was that the ref was shocking. Of all the bad decisions he made, you pick up on one. He did see the Nasri incident.... it was right in front of him.

and Aguero does not dive. It was a penalty, there was contact.

Agree with all that JD but regards Aguero, you are rather charitable. Wonderful player and no, he's not a serial diver but he goes down far too easy. Frankly, against United last weekend if he'd made the slightest effort to stay on his feet he probably would have been awarded a justified penalty.

glad you picked up on his diving he was known in Spain for being a diver, he goes down to easily and as you say a cracking player who has this tendency to go down easy.

Edited by nev

I thought this was the joke forum when I read Kunny ballorks doesn't dive hahaha good form.

I just read that the bitters grassed up 80 Moscow fans in the ground ......small club no class.

<deleted> in europe

Edited by DrRed
  • Like 1

I thought this was the joke forum when I read Kunny ballorks doesn't dive hahaha good form.

I just read that the bitters grassed up 80 Moscow fans in the ground ......small club no class.

<deleted> in europe

Re your comment "I just read that the bitters grassed up 80 Moscow fans in the ground". Think you're looking at the City Stewards actions from a fans point of view and not from a club's point of view. If City as a club had taken no action against the 'banned from attending the game" Moscow fans, who apparently had made themselves known by celebrating their 2nd goal, no doubt City might be in trouble with EUFA. At the game in Moscow, some City fans got in to the game and it was City's backroom staff that "grassed up" (to use your term) those City fans who were ejected. As a club i don't think City had a choice in ejecting the Moscow fans - i understand the police couldn't do anything about it as the Moscow fans hadn't broken any laws - the Moscow fans left when asked to.

As for "small club no class" whistling.gif Pathetic!

it the three IMO most important players, ie match winners/turners , aguarro, silva injured i know , and ya ya for one reason or the other arn't quite firing on all cylinders ie scoring a few get one or two of them right and performing and they will, the rest more or less IMO will fall into place. oh and the best season dzeko had was when he had competition, loaning negrado out you've taken away the comp and the result? the ref was truly shocking, if he'd booked the right player and sent him off as he would have on his second yellow, down to 10 men,100% that game would have had a different resolution.

"the ref was truly shocking,..."

Yes he missed the 'nailed on' red card he should have given to Nasri. Interesting that Aguero was booked for diving, having the 'extra' ref behind the goal assisted the 'real' ref in that decision, .I am not a big fan of the extra refs but if they can stop diving, fine. In a Premier league game, Aguero would have got a penalty under the same circumstances, perhaps there is a case for the extra refs after all.

Awww bless, the anti City vitriol from you comes out yet again! Is this something to do with the 70s?

Anyway the point was that the ref was shocking. Of all the bad decisions he made, you pick up on one. He did see the Nasri incident.... it was right in front of him.

and Aguero does not dive. It was a penalty, there was contact.

Agree with all that JD but regards Aguero, you are rather charitable. Wonderful player and no, he's not a serial diver but he goes down far too easy. Frankly, against United last weekend if he'd made the slightest effort to stay on his feet he probably would have been awarded a justified penalty.

I assume you're not talking about the one where he was hacked from behind by Fellaini but denied a clear penalty.

I'm talking about the one when he went down like a crack whore mate.

Please don't say he doesn't hit the deck easy because he very obviously does. Thing is, with his exceptional ability he'd probably be better off on many an occasion staying up and continuing his run and taking a shot.

• Like 1

Please don't say he doesn't hit the deck easy because he very obviously does. Thing is, with his exceptional ability he'd probably be better off on many an occasion staying up and continuing his run and taking a shot.

Like a "crack whore"...what the hell does that mean?

He doesn't hit the deck easy.

Sorry Carms but your 100% wrong on this one matey. Don't know how many City matches you have watched but we are always yelling at the telly for him to go down because he always tries to stay up. The third penalty shout the other day he rode 2 or 3 tackles in the box that most players would have gone for, it was only when he got took out that he eventually went down. I think part of the problem with "diving" is down to the inconsistency of the refs. Honest players must be fed up of trying to stay on their feet and not getting awarded anything, then they see blatant dives getting penalties. No wonder many start to go down easily and theatrically.

• Like 1

Sorry Carms but your 100% wrong on this one matey. Don't know how many City matches you have watched but we are always yelling at the telly for him to go down because he always tries to stay up. The third penalty shout the other day he rode 2 or 3 tackles in the box that most players would have gone for, it was only when he got took out that he eventually went down. I think part of the problem with "diving" is down to the inconsistency of the refs. Honest players must be fed up of trying to stay on their feet and not getting awarded anything, then they see blatant dives getting penalties. No wonder many start to go down easily and theatrically.

The most famous one being V QPR when we won the league. Could have gone down, but kept on and scored the goal!!!clap2.gif

I have seen every minute of every City game this season. Aguero is not a diver.

Nev, you clownlaugh.png . Whats this about Aguero being known as a serial diver in Spain???blink.png . You United fans are absolutely hilarious!!

• Like 2

Apparently Kompany joins Silva and Kolarov in sick bay.facepalm.gif I suppose this means another Mangala episode. Nastasic ?????????????

Dont know whats happened to Nastasic?

But tomorrow, I think if Pellegrini is insistent on playing Yaya, then play both Fernando and Fernandhino. That way we dont have to have the big lump trying to lumber back, having made one of his runs. Gives him some cover. Play Aguero upfront on his own. Nasri on left, Milner on right. Yaya behind Aguero.

Keep Dzeko on the bench, that way he cant give the ball away. Give him time to find his attitude again.

• Like 2

Apparently Kompany joins Silva and Kolarov in sick bay.facepalm.gif I suppose this means another Mangala episode. Nastasic ?????????????

But tomorrow, I think if Pellegrini is insistent on playing Yaya, then play both Fernando and Fernandhino. That way we dont have to have the big lump trying to lumber back, having made one of his runs. Gives him some cover. Play Aguero upfront on his own. Nasri on left, Milner on right. Yaya behind Aguero.

Keep Dzeko on the bench, that way he cant give the ball away. Give him time to find his attitude again.

I you don't want to play Nastasic i'd love him at Spurs. he's an excellent young player and far better than anything we have!

I you don't want to play Nastasic i'd love him at Spurs. he's an excellent young player and far better than anything we have!

I rate Nastasic. I dont understand why he is not getting games. I know he was injured, but its very difficult to find injury reports. Previously I have seen him on the injury list with 'unspecified' injury. Now I cannot find anything. He is a very good young player and should be given his chance. Thats my biggest gripe with Pellegrini. He does not give the younger lads a chance.

• Like 1

I rate Nastasic. I dont understand why he is not getting games. I know he was injured, but its very difficult to find injury reports. Previously I have seen him on the injury list with 'unspecified' injury. Now I cannot find anything. He is a very good young player and should be given his chance. Thats my biggest gripe with Pellegrini. He does not give the younger lads a chance.

I think this is the answer to the Nastasic mystery. Demi is Pellegrini's old reliable and Mangala cost a bunch of money. Nastasic in purgatory.

Silva is missing and, while he's out, you will struggle. When he and David Villa were about to leave Valencia, the clamour was to sign Villa but I was praying that Chelsea would come in for Silva. He was a very good then but he's even better now.

Silva is missing and, while he's out, you will struggle. When he and David Villa were about to leave Valencia, the clamour was to sign Villa but I was praying that Chelsea would come in for Silva. He was a very good then but he's even better now.

I doubt you'd find a City fan who would disagree, but I'm befuddled about City looking that mediocre without him.

I doubt you'd find a City fan who would disagree, but I'm befuddled about City looking that mediocre without him.

Thats right. The loss of one player shouldn't make such a difference especially with the talent in that squad.

Theres something else needs correcting.

The most famous one being V QPR when we won the league. Could have gone down, but kept on and scored the goal!!!clap2.gif

I have seen every minute of every City game this season. Aguero is not a diver.

Nev, you clownlaugh.png . Whats this about Aguero being known as a serial diver in Spain???blink.png . You United fans are absolutely hilarious!!

he did many but his most famous one was against Valencia and Cesar the keeper said he wanted to kill him because of his grin and wink after getting the penalty that resulted in ath Madrid getting champions league over Valencia.

Absolutely right there Nev.

Some players do clean up their act in terms of diving. Kinsman is a prime example. Whilst i'm certainly not comparing Aguero to Klinsman in his earlier days i am simply not having this whiter than white opinion that City fans choose to adopt. We all concede he's a truly world class player, the best in the league on his day as far as i'm concerned.

Maybe he has improved and though i have never considered him a bad offender he has his moments just like every other striker.

• Like 1

Some players do clean up their act in terms of diving. Kinsman is a prime example. Whilst i'm certainly not comparing Aguero to Klinsman in his earlier days i am simply not having this whiter than white opinion that City fans choose to adopt. We all concede he's a truly world class player, the best in the league on his day as far as i'm concerned.

Maybe he has improved and though i have never considered him a bad offender he has his moments just like every other striker.

Think this is one we will have agree to disagree on. Mr BJ stated very nicely city fans opinion of Aguero.

• Like 1

Thats right. The loss of one player shouldn't make such a difference especially with the talent in that squad.

Silva is the creative spark that drives City. Who do they have to replace him ? Nasri isn't fit to lace his boots. The only one in midfield that has half his passing ability is Toure. That pass to dissect the United defence, leading up to Aguerro's goal was inch perfect.

Man City striker Sergio Aguero happy to have a reputation for fair play - because he's rubbish at diving

Sergio Aguero has revealed why he does not dive – because he is terrible at play-acting.

Unlike a certain other South American striker, the Manchester City man never tumbles looking for a penalty.

“It’s funny because many people have told me I need to go down more,” said Aguero.

“My reaction, though, is it would be an automatic yellow because I’m really bad at it!

“My character and style of play mean I will carry on and stay on my feet as much as possible. If I fall, I’ll get up again and go after the ball. That’s just the way I am.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-striker-sergio-aguero-2924393

• Like 1

Take out Messi from Barca. Ditto Suarez from Liverpool, Bale from Spurs, etc, and the team is deiously weakened. So it is with Merlin and City. All city fans are with you that it needs correcting and Nssri was bought with that in mind but he isn't as good as Silva. We should have picked up Fabregas...way better than Nasri will ever be. Di Maria would also have been useful but FFP stopped that. Its definitely something the club need to put right. Just love Silva, love that man, great player, great team player.

Man City striker Sergio Aguero happy to have a reputation for fair play - because he's rubbish at diving

Sergio Aguero has revealed why he does not dive – because he is terrible at play-acting.

Unlike a certain other South American striker, the Manchester City man never tumbles looking for a penalty.

“It’s funny because many people have told me I need to go down more,” said Aguero.

“My reaction, though, is it would be an automatic yellow because I’m really bad at it!

“My character and style of play mean I will carry on and stay on my feet as much as possible. If I fall, I’ll get up again and go after the ball. That’s just the way I am.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-striker-sergio-aguero-2924393

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gif Almost as laughable as Suarez,s comments on his (not) indiscipline

• Like 1

Think this is one we will have agree to disagree on. Mr BJ stated very nicely city fans opinion of Aguero.

We'll never agree on everything. Regardless he's a terrific player.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gif Almost as laughable as Suarez,s comments on his (not) indiscipline

I'm so glad that you have finally found something to laugh about cos your worst start for 28 years and 4 straight derby defeats must have had you suicidal.

Tell you what. Find me an article that states Aguero is a diver. You RAGS are so desperate to deflect attention from your own team, that you are trying to resort to labelling one of the most honest players in the prem a diver.

Sergio Aguero has revealed why he does not dive because he is terrible at play-acting.

Its funny because many people have told me I need to go down more, said Aguero.

My reaction, though, is it would be an automatic yellow because Im really bad at it!

My character and style of play mean I will carry on and stay on my feet as much as possible. If I fall, Ill get up again and go after the ball. Thats just the way I am.

I'm so glad that you have finally found something to laugh about cos your worst start for 28 years and 4 straight derby defeats must have had you suicidal.

Tell you what. Find me an article that states Aguero is a diver. You RAGS are so desperate to deflect attention from your own team, that you are trying to resort to labelling one of the most honest players in the prem a diver.

We are all saying he is a fantastic player, but the say he never dives come on lads he did it again on Wednesday night and his first of one against United he went down like he had been shot after a tap on the ankle.

Some good posts there Jack.

This disappearance of Nastasic is a real strange one. He's 21 very talented cool as they come and if he can beef up a bit like Kompany has done then he has every chance of being a very decent player. I just checked and the last time he featured was alongside Boyota at Wembley vs Arse in the Community, since then he hasn't even made the bench. He's not reported as injured so all I can think of is he's told Pelle to get a decent haircut or something. Boyota over Nastasic, go figure!

Spot on Jack.

Reckon he'll go with Hart...he's kept us in several games recently and deserves to start.

Zaba, who hasn't been as good as his usual impeccable self, should start but I wouldn't be surprised if Pelle picked average Sagna as he seems to like to chop n change.

Clichy will play as we have no left back options...great vs Manure, awful vs Moscow.

Demi and Mangala probably.

I'd go with five in midfield when defending (Milner..Dinho...Nando...Yaya...Nasri) and Aguero up top supported by Milner and Nasri right and left with Yaya in the hole when attacking. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts with Dzeko up front for his usual amble around.

If Fat Frank is available I'd use him at Navas as 2nd half impact subs.

We need to compete, be energised from the off and take our chances.

It's about time Pelle picked and stayed with a 1st 11 and used the rest around them. When we've been good in the past seasons you knew who'd be playing but these days Pelle is becoming the tinkerman.

Get through this game and after the break hopefully Silva and Nasri will be back and we can kick on in the Premier.