Manchester City

mrbojangles

Dont know whats happened to Nastasic?

But tomorrow, I think if Pellegrini is insistent on playing Yaya, then play both Fernando and Fernandhino. That way we dont have to have the big lump trying to lumber back, having made one of his runs. Gives him some cover. Play Aguero upfront on his own. Nasri on left, Milner on right. Yaya behind Aguero.

Keep Dzeko on the bench, that way he cant give the ball away. Give him time to find his attitude again.

I you don't want to play Nastasic i'd love him at Spurs. he's an excellent young player and far better than anything we have!

I rate Nastasic. I dont understand why he is not getting games. I know he was injured, but its very difficult to find injury reports. Previously I have seen him on the injury list with 'unspecified' injury. Now I cannot find anything. He is a very good young player and should be given his chance. Thats my biggest gripe with Pellegrini. He does not give the younger lads a chance.

I think this is the answer to the Nastasic mystery. Demi is Pellegrini's old reliable and Mangala cost a bunch of money. Nastasic in purgatory.

I rate Mangala.... highly. But Nastasic wasnt getting a sniff in before we even signed Mangala.

Even Boyata is higher up the pecking order than Nastasic <deleted>!!!!!

Man City striker Sergio Aguero happy to have a reputation for fair play - because he's rubbish at diving

Sergio Aguero has revealed why he does not dive – because he is terrible at play-acting.

Unlike a certain other South American striker, the Manchester City man never tumbles looking for a penalty.

“It’s funny because many people have told me I need to go down more,” said Aguero.

“My reaction, though, is it would be an automatic yellow because I’m really bad at it!

“My character and style of play mean I will carry on and stay on my feet as much as possible. If I fall, I’ll get up again and go after the ball. That’s just the way I am.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-striker-sergio-aguero-2924393

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gif Almost as laughable as Suarez,s comments on his (not) indiscipline

Peter, where you been son?

Missed you!!!

Still looking for this stabilility stability you were harping on about with Moyescheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Worse start in 28 yrs. Crack on son!!

Manuel Pellegrini needs to shore things up and go with a five-man midfield against QPR, according to MEN readers.

The Chilean stuck to his favoured 4-4-2 against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday evening in the Champions League, with Stevan Jovetic and Sergio Aguero paired up top.

But he was forced into a change at half-time as the Blues trailed 2-1, replacing Jovetic with Fernandinho to bolster the midfield.

And supporters want to see that tactical approach from the start this time round, having voted Fernandinho into the team in the fans' XI.

The Brazilian joins James Milner, Fernando, Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri in a strong engine room, with Jesus Navas losing his place as a result.

Injuries dictate that Martin Demichelis, Eliaquim Mangala and Gael Clichy are all-but guaranteed starts, while Joe Hart and Pablo Zabaleta make up the rest of the back five.

Meanwhile, there are no surprises up front, with Sergio Aguero picked to lead the line.

FANS XI

Hart

Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy

Milner, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri

Aguero

We can't/won't hold the ball and exercise patience in attack. 100mph and one touch passes. Maddening.

Nice goal fro KUN. Offside and/or handball ?

both I think, both marginal though.

I think that goal from the Hart free-kick should be play on and counted. Hart as benefited from his own mistake, doesn't make sense.

We can't/won't hold the ball and exercise patience in attack. 100mph and one touch passes. Maddening.

I think that goal from the Hart free-kick should be play on and counted. Hart as benefited from his own mistake, doesn't make sense.

Weird rule about the ball having to leave the penalty area on the first touch. Strange that one.

Weird rule about the ball having to leave the penalty area on the first touch. Strange that one.

yeah needs updating.

Thought both goals were slightly offside.

We are getting worse every game instead of better, can't see any light at the end of this bloody long tunnel at the moment. Everybody nervous, playing badly, except for Aguero who's carrying us at the moment, Navas is giving it a go and that's it. I'd get Milner on for nasri but he won't change it will he.we just can't defend!

Thought both goals were slightly offside.

We are getting worse every game instead of better, can't see any light at the end of this bloody long tunnel at the moment. Everybody nervous, playing badly, except for Aguero who's carrying us at the moment, Navas is giving it a go and that's it. I'd get Milner on for nasri but he won't change it will he.we just can't defend!

Fernando and Mangala have yet to settle. Fernando has had some decent games but super tentative and uncomfortable at times. IMHO.

I suppose that rule prevents the keeper from wasting time by inching the ball around from one place to another. Only reason I can think of.

I'm sure the refs we had in those two CSK matches were part of the FFP punishment.

63% possession, 15 shots to their 7 but 2 sloppy defensive errors and a series of poor individual performances cost us. Oh and going down to 9 men didn't help either. Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup

"Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup"

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

You think we won't finish in the top 4 of the Prem?

Playing thursday's is a big distraction for the prem. I said before the season even started that I wasn't bothered about the Champions League this year, due to reduced squad size, wage caps, salary caps and fines, so why should I want to drop into the UEFA?

"You think we won't finish in the top 4 of the Prem?"

Do you?

I'm sure the refs we had in those two CSK matches were part of the FFP punishment.

63% possession, 15 shots to their 7 but 2 sloppy defensive errors and a series of poor individual performances cost us. Oh and going down to 9 men didn't help either. Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

Playing thursday's is a big distraction for the prem. I said before the season even started that I wasn't bothered about the Champions League this year, due to reduced squad size, wage caps, salary caps and fines, so why should I want to drop into the UEFA?

Do you?

I definitely think we'll finish top 4. I expect us to finish in top 2. We're playing badly, weve been poor all season but despite that we're comfortably 3rd.

I suppose that rule prevents the keeper from wasting time by inching the ball around from one place to another. Only reason I can think of.

Not sure what all comments are about. The rules are what they are. Ref was very quick to spot it and take action. Move on.

I know conditions were bad last night (FOR BOTH TEAMS) but too many players couldn't do the basics of control it and nicely pass to a teammate...too many misplaced passes, hesitation, 2nd to the ball.

Think we've all been waiting to see a midfield of Nando...Dinho...Yaya...but how bad were they, especially Dinho who's half the player he was last season.

Mangala has totally lost confidence in just a few games. We've got poor leftbacks. Sagna is WORSE than Micah...at least with Micah you get commitment.

Last night showed that it's not 442 or 451 or 433 that the problem, it is the players...too many off form.

Needs a back to basics spproach after the break. Assumming Merlin, Vinny and Kolorov are back, Pelle needs to pick the players who'll give us a game first and foremost, and then fill the gaps with those who have something to offer.

1st choicers:

Aguero - up top on his own

Merlin - behind Aguero

Milner - anywhere across midfield plus 3 others

Zaba...Kompany...Demi...Clichy/Kolorov

Hart

There's the problem shown simply, CENTRAL MIDFIELD doesnot pick itself!

Do you?

You're going to finish second in the league. Any talk of you not finishing in the top four is insane. With your squad you can't fail to no matter how fallible the manager is looking.

I know conditions were bad last night (FOR BOTH TEAMS) but too many players couldn't do the basics of control it and nicely pass to a teammate...too many misplaced passes, hesitation, 2nd to the ball.

Think we've all been waiting to see a midfield of Nando...Dinho...Yaya...but how bad were they, especially Dinho who's half the player he was last season.

Mangala has totally lost confidence in just a few games. We've got poor leftbacks. Sagna is WORSE than Micah...at least with Micah you get commitment.

Last night showed that it's not 442 or 451 or 433 that the problem, it is the players...too many off form.

Needs a back to basics spproach after the break. Assumming Merlin, Vinny and Kolorov are back, Pelle needs to pick the players who'll give us a game first and foremost, and then fill the gaps with those who have something to offer.

1st choicers:

Aguero - up top on his own

Merlin - behind Aguero

Milner - anywhere across midfield plus 3 others

Zaba...Kompany...Demi...Clichy/Kolorov

Hart

There's the problem shown simply, CENTRAL MIDFIELD doesnot pick itself!

I would agree with all of that.

Letting Micah go, was a big mistake. Sagna doesnt cut it as far as I am concerned..

I have been a big fan of Mangala but last night he was appalling. Remember Mangala and Fernando both Pellegrinis signings, both were terrible last night.

We seem quick to let some of our lads go. Guidetti is another one. Knocking them in for fun for Celtic. Never been given a chance in Premiership.

I look at our performances this last couple of weeks and compare them with last seasons performance against Hull away. Thats the difference.

Not sure what all comments are about. The rules are what they are. Ref was very quick to spot it and take action. Move on.

we are having fair discussion about the rule not the decision if you are not interested then move on as you say, rude <deleted>

we are having fair discussion about the rule not the decision if you are not interested then move on as you say, rude <deleted>

Not rude at all. Just can't understand the point of discussing it as the ref simply applied the rules, no more.

Not rude at all. Just can't understand the point of discussing it as the ref simply applied the rules, no more.

I think the brief conversation about the rule was that it was so unusual. Nothing really provocative about it. I still think my interpretation of why the rule exists makes the most sense. But then I would.biggrin.pngw00t.gif