Manchester City

mrbojangles

City fans' wise words copied from M.E.N.comments

"We learnt, that Toure can't or won't give us 100% .

We learnt, we definitely need to either promote a kid from the academy or buy a LB

We learnt Sagna is here for the money and, is definitely no better than what we have in the academy

We learnt, we haven't got cover for Silva. In the summer we need to spend big on one maybe two world class attacking mids

We also learn that whoever we play, we cannot allow them time on the ball, and to grow into games. Yesterday we started well. But for some unknown reason QPRs first meaningful attack caused a lot of panick, which we took 30mins to recover from. Personally I thought yesterday's game was a great game, and end to end. But at the moment Id rather we just won ugly, and started reeling the chavs back in"

"Got to lose the next two matches now to ensure we don't get into the UEFA cup"

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

You think we won't finish in the top 4 of the Prem?

Playing thursday's is a big distraction for the prem. I said before the season even started that I wasn't bothered about the Champions League this year, due to reduced squad size, wage caps, salary caps and fines, so why should I want to drop into the UEFA?

"You think we won't finish in the top 4 of the Prem?"

Do you?

I definitely think we'll finish top 4. I expect us to finish in top 2. We're playing badly, weve been poor all season but despite that we're comfortably 3rd.

City seem to be overdependent on 'Saint' Aguero for their goals, after him the next top scorer has 2. If Aguero picks up an injury, will City start to look like Liverpool without Suarez?

Hey, don't knock the Europa League, the winners of this years competition get into the Champions league next year. The way things are going for City, it may be needed.

Playing thursday's is a big distraction for the prem. I said before the season even started that I wasn't bothered about the Champions League this year, due to reduced squad size, wage caps, salary caps and fines, so why should I want to drop into the UEFA?

Do you?

I definitely think we'll finish top 4. I expect us to finish in top 2. We're playing badly, weve been poor all season but despite that we're comfortably 3rd.

City seem to be overdependent on 'Saint' Aguero for their goals, after him the next top scorer has 2. If Aguero picks up an injury, will City start to look like Liverpool without Suarez?

they have a ageing team no youth coming through and cannot spend like before and as you say rely on aguero,s goals and without silva pulling the strings at times look lost, we are going through change and I can see city having to do the same.

Do you?

they have a ageing team no youth coming through and cannot spend like before and as you say rely on aguero,s goals and without silva pulling the strings at times look lost, we are going through change and I can see city having to do the same.

For someone who I understand is a manu fan, I'm very impressed with your in depth knowledge of all things City, including our youth situation, but sadly it's all way off the mark.

All teams are aging, I believe City has the oldest average team or squad age, but take out that 3rd choice Richard Wright, shortterm buys or frees Sagna and Demi, theresonly Yaya who's the wrong side of 30 and he's beginning to show it.

Not sure on what basis you're judging our youth? If its by comparing the number of youth team players in our team compared to your team think youll find you've had no choice but to bang em in to the 1st team due to the scarcity of talent in your 1st team.

Yes we are reliant on Agueros goals I give you that. We City fans are always banging on about how good Silva is so obviously we miss him.

There's currently no reason to think that City will follow Manus lead down the pan.

Do you?

For someone who I understand is a manu fan, I'm very impressed with your in depth knowledge of all things City, including our youth situation, but sadly it's all way off the mark.

All teams are aging, I believe City has the oldest average team or squad age, but take out that 3rd choice Richard Wright, shortterm buys or frees Sagna and Demi, theresonly Yaya who's the wrong side of 30 and he's beginning to show it.

Not sure on what basis you're judging our youth? If its by comparing the number of youth team players in our team compared to your team think youll find you've had no choice but to bang em in to the 1st team due to the scarcity of talent in your 1st team.

Yes we are reliant on Agueros goals I give you that. We City fans are always banging on about how good Silva is so obviously we miss him.

There's currently no reason to think that City will follow Manus lead down the pan.

you don't come across as a city fan using the game Manu, are you really from Bredbury ? you really need to strengthen as Chelsea are pulling away and you are going backwards, we are rebuilding and slowly getting things right, as for playing youth Lvg has always said if they are good enough no matter what age and that's good to see.

maybe city will start playing some of the young talent you have, be nice to see.

Do you?

you don't come across as a city fan using the game Manu, are you really from Bredbury ? you really need to strengthen as Chelsea are pulling away and you are going backwards, we are rebuilding and slowly getting things right, as for playing youth Lvg has always said if they are good enough no matter what age and that's good to see.

maybe city will start playing some of the young talent you have, be nice to see.

I was being pleasant using the name Manu ;-)

All teams need to strenghten, even Chelsea. City fans know where need to strengthen - LB, a young RB, top-class player like Fabregas to augment Silva, a better wingman than Navas, a top-class forward to replace Tevez/Negredo. Some players like Managala, Nando, Dinho, Jovetic, and others need to show their worth or be shipped out.

I def don't see we are going backwards - Chelsea are getting away for us, fair play to them (they seem to be unbeatable at the moment...but having seen them against QPR and Liverpool they are getting a bit of rub of the green currently) - and if we are its way to soonto come to that conclusion unless you've got a crystal ball. I feel we are in a blip. We might not catch-up Chelsea this season but i don't feel the wheels have fallen off - like Manu last season.

Not quite sure why you're comparing manu to City...you've a long way to go to get back to the great days of Fergie from what we've seen since he retired and left you with a crap midfield and this season no defence. And what evidence is there manu are getting it right (what, compared to City? Cheeky!) - a draw against Chelsea, defeat against City and a win against Place? Sorry, currently you are behind us as a team.

"as for playing youth Lvg has always said if they are good enough no matter what age and that's good to see". Bloody hell, THE LVG that told people like you he would get it right in 3 months (arrogant) - which you lot unbelievably seemed to believe - and 3 months in he's now telling you that it will take 3 years! Unbelievable.

If City's youth players are good enough they will play - Lopes and Pozo are knocking on the door and have featured in cup games - until they are, the more experienced players will play. Simple.

Asked to respond to Allardyces assertion, made after West Hams 2-1 victory over City last month, that their £32m centre-back Eliaquim Mangala is being left exposed by his team-mates, Pellegrini said: When you are a manager and win you have all the solutions. The same manager, we last year scored 14 goals [against in four games] and he didnt have the solution. Ouch. Don't mess with a pissed-off Pellegrini.

At the same stage last season City had two fewer points than they do now, 19 compared with 21. It's hard to see Chelsea cracking.

Speaking of Chelsea, where's the resident Chelsea fan - don't think I've seen him on here since early October. ..did you lot piss him off about something?

Nev, here's some of City's youth. Like Chelsea's policy, we ship them out on loan to learn their trade, if good enough they'll get in the 1st team but if not they'll be sold on to bring in funds:

Karim Rekik provided a moment of class amid a 90th-minte scrap in the box to score and ensure PSV beat Heracles 2-1.

Jordy Hiwula also got a winner for his loan club, helping Yeovil to beat Crawley Town 1-0 in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Devante Cole's strike was slightly less important for Barnsley, but he will have enjoyed it just as much.The 19-year-old notched just four minutes after coming on as a substitute for the Tykes, guiding the ball home with his right to secure a 5-0 win against Burton.

There was more joy for City duo Jason Denayer and John Guidetti, who look to be loving their time at Celtic.Both played for 90 minutes as Ronny Deila's men defeated Aberdeen 2-1 away from home courtesy of a last-minute winner to go top of the Scottish Premiership.

Marcos Lopes remains injured and so didn't feature for Lille this week.

And closer to home, both Adam Drury (St Mirren) and Greg Leigh (Crewe) played 90 minutes for their clubs over the weekend.But there was little to shout about as Drury suffered a 1-0 defeat to Partick Thistle, while Leigh featured in a 0-0 draw with Sheffield United.

• Like 1

Asked to respond to Allardyces assertion, made after West Hams 2-1 victory over City last month, that their £32m centre-back Eliaquim Mangala is being left exposed by his team-mates, Pellegrini said: When you are a manager and win you have all the solutions. The same manager, we last year scored 14 goals [against in four games] and he didnt have the solution. Ouch. Don't mess with a pissed-off Pellegrini.

At the same stage last season City had two fewer points than they do now, 19 compared with 21. It's hard to see Chelsea cracking.

Speaking of Chelsea, where's the resident Chelsea fan - don't think I've seen him on here since early October. ..did you lot piss him off about something?

He has been silenced due to a popular uprising.

Wherefore art MrB these past two days ? Always interested in his latest take on things.

• Like 2

Wherefore art MrB these past two days ? Always interested in his latest take on things.

he's under a self Imposed banning order due to his bringing up and mentioning United in every thread.

Dzeko reportely out for three weeks with a calf injury. Looks like these calf injuries are catching.

I wonder if we will soon see David Villa arriving in Manchester, he has just left Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) after their 5-2 defeat in the Melbourne derby. Villa is 'signed' by New York City but, as far as I know, this club does not really exist yet and so he will be 'kicking his heels' until next year. With Man City depending solely on Aguero for goals surely bringing in Villa from one of the other 'franchises' would make sense. An injury to Aguero would surely see City struggle to reach the top four this season.

Dzeko reportely out for three weeks with a calf injury. Looks like these calf injuries are catching.

I wonder if we will soon see David Villa arriving in Manchester, he has just left Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) after their 5-2 defeat in the Melbourne derby. Villa is 'signed' by New York City but, as far as I know, this club does not really exist yet and so he will be 'kicking his heels' until next year. With Man City depending solely on Aguero for goals surely bringing in Villa from one of the other 'franchises' would make sense. An injury to Aguero would surely see City struggle to reach the top four this season.

No it wouldn't. World class and in form he might be but theres quality back up.

he's under a self Imposed banning order due to his bringing up and mentioning United in every thread.

the whole Louis van Gaal obsession thing was very unsettling. Just not right. Thats restraining order stuff.

No it wouldn't. World class and in form he might be but theres quality back up.

"...but theres quality back up."

The statistics do not seem to back up your confidence in 'quality back up'.

Sergio Agüero 12 goals

Edin Dzeko 2 goals

Frank Lampard 2 goals

Stevan Jovetic 2 goals

David Silva 2 goals

Y Touré 1 goal

Martín Demichelis 1 goal

Edited by PREM-R

We're definitely short up front with only aguero dzeko and jovetic. Aguero is a class up from the other 2 so we miss him dearly when he's out. Don't know if we're able to recall guidetti from celtic but don't think Pelle fancies him much. So yeah due to FFP not allowing the Sheikh to spend the money he wants to spend on his team, we're short in certain departments and FFP has achieved it's aim of neutering the new school.

Would love to see Villa roll up at the Etihad on loan...be worth it just to hear wenger and the likes moans.

We're definitely short up front with only aguero dzeko and jovetic. Aguero is a class up from the other 2 so we miss him dearly when he's out. Don't know if we're able to recall guidetti from celtic but don't think Pelle fancies him much. So yeah due to FFP not allowing the Sheikh to spend the money he wants to spend on his team, we're short in certain departments and FFP has achieved it's aim of neutering the new school.

Would love to see Villa roll up at the Etihad on loan...be worth it just to hear wenger and the likes moans.

Indeed, our depth at striker is worrisome at the moment. Dzeko out now and he has not been lighting it up as he did near the end of last season. Jovetic has proved to be full of energy but green, loses possession needlessly and launches too many shots with no chance. Negredo gone.

One more injury, especially to Aguero, and I could see Villa getting a telegram.

Or maybe position Yaya down low and ask him to turn into Didier Drogba.smile.png

Why not get the sheikh to set up a new League in Saudi that starts its season when the Prem finishes and ends when the Prem starts. Can then have a perfect reserve team lined up.

I'm sure you guys would be aplauding if the Russsian and Jose had thought of it firstlaugh.png

Why not get the sheikh to set up a new League in Saudi that starts its season when the Prem finishes and ends when the Prem starts. Can then have a perfect reserve team lined up.

I'm sure you guys would be aplauding if the Russsian and Jose had thought of it firstlaugh.png

Why would the Sheikh want to do that? Think he gets more enjoyment messing up the heads of you lot.giggle.gif

Why would the Sheikh want to do that? Think he gets more enjoyment messing up the heads of you lot.giggle.gif

PS. Why did you refer to "a new League in Saudi"...the Sheikh is from Aba Dhabi Doo

While in Manchester last month I picked up a copy of Paul Lake's excellent book 'I"m not really here". Great book, really enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to any fan...doesn't matter if you're not a blue. For the 1st 200 pages its an amusing and entertaining story, but then his very disturbing and bleak injury story starts and it becomes a real insight in to what it must feel like to be a long term injured player. Brilliant book from Colin Bell's heir to the throne...truly sad how two great players final days trod the same path.

While in Manchester last month I picked up a copy of Paul Lake's excellent book 'I"m not really here". Great book, really enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to any fan...doesn't matter if you're not a blue. For the 1st 200 pages its an amusing and entertaining story, but then his very disturbing and bleak injury story starts and it becomes a real insight in to what it must feel like to be a long term injured player. Brilliant book from Colin Bell's heir to the throne...truly sad how two great players final days trod the same path.

Read it about 3 yrs ago. Agree, its a very good read.

Denton boy, like me.smile.png

Went to the same Primary school, though years apartlaugh.png .

Swales comes out of it in a bad light. And he is spot on about the 'new' scoreboard at the North Stand.laugh.png

It also shows the massive difference between then and now.

• Like 1

PS. Why did you refer to "a new League in Saudi"...the Sheikh is from Aba Dhabi Doo

everyone would die of heat stroke..ludicrous idea Santi, next thing you'll be saying they should hold a World Cup in the Middle East

• Like 1

Read it about 3 yrs ago. Agree, its a very good read.

Denton boy, like me.smile.png

Went to the same Primary school, though years apartlaugh.png .

Swales comes out of it in a bad light. And he is spot on about the 'new' scoreboard at the North Stand.laugh.png

It also shows the massive difference between then and now.

Paul Lake...Jimmy Armfield...Geoff Hurst...Fletchers Arms...and you...all products of Denton (we'll forgive you Fergies redheaded simply red singer)...and 12 minutes from my place...we're nearly neighbours.

You're right about Swales...he gets another pounding in the David Conn book I'm halfway through...treated Lakey and the club very badly.

I've seen a report today that City are offering Nastasic to some EPL clubs for the cut rate price of $5mil. I'm convinced now that either something has happened off the pitch to sour things at City or Nastasic is carrying an undisclosed health issue of some sort. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense. Plus, if you are going to give him away give him to a non EPL club ! Bizarre !blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Been reading the same Nastasic reports. Firstly he should be retained, he's a talent, but if we are going to sell him he's definitely worth a minimum 15m quid to all who'll be queuing round the block to buy him. Can't help thinking this will be another bad decision to let him go...like prematurely letting Garry Barry go.