Manchester City

mrbojangles

Mike Summerbee's superstars, in 4-4-2 formation, are:

Bert Trautmann;

Tony Book, Vincent Kompany, Dave Watson, Gael Clichy;

Dennis Tueart, Colin Bell, David Silva, Peter Doherty;

Francis Lee, Denis Law.

Yes...that Gael Clichy (and not Willie Donachie)...and no Aguero but Law and Lee...my 84 yr old Dad reckons Denis Law in his 1st spell at City was the most complete player he's ever seen, tackling back in his penalty box one minute scoring in the other moments later.

Typical laboured FA Cup tie. Shef Wed played really well and credit for playing with 2 strikers. They certainly didn't come to defend and could have caused an upset.

The game totally changed when we brought on Silva and Nasri. Milner then moved forward as Jovetic was taken off. Good brace from Milner

Read Kolorov had another stinker 3/10 and Boyota was our best defender. ..correct?

Kolorov didn't have his best game but he wasn't that bad. Yeah Boyata was probably our best defender by a smidgin but he was also one of those at fault for their goal. To be honest, not many City players had a performance they would be proud of. Milner obviously had a good one and as I said earlier, the introduction of Merlin and Nasri changed the game.

Rumour mill flying about Bony being signed from Swansea for £30m. w00t.gif I know we have a striker situation but this is way too much money, smacks of desperation and we haven't done too bad without a striker. Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea coming up but I'd hope Aguero and Dzecko are fit by then. When they are all fit, you can't keep 4 strikers happy, so someone will have to leave.

• Like 1

Rumour mill flying about Bony being signed from Swansea for £30m. w00t.gif I know we have a striker situation but this is way too much money, smacks of desperation and we haven't done too bad without a striker. Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea coming up but I'd hope Aguero and Dzecko are fit by then. When they are all fit, you can't keep 4 strikers happy, so someone will have to leave.

In complete agreement MrB ! Its not as though Aguero and Dzeko will be out forever and while Bony is not bad $30mil is too much. Milner has been OK as well.

I say we piggybank that money as part of our Messi fund.biggrin.png

• Like 1

And I just realised that he'll probably be off to the Africa Cup of Nations and therefore missing for a month or so. So what is the bladdy point!!!

I forgot about that ! Exactly, what is the point of throwing $30mil away for a striker that we may not need !? Seems a desperation buy when the situation really isn't a desperate one. Only if there were indications that Aguero and Dzeko weren't going to be healthy would I see this making sense.

... or Dzeko. Plenty of clubs looking for a proven Prem striker. Worth how much? Just interested in views - I would have thought about 15 mill+/-3. Arsenal are not in need at this position, unless Giroud or Wellbeck take up smoking: Liverpool are in need and I don't think selling him down the M62 would hurt your prospects!

I thought they would of gone for Sterling....he would fit into that team nicely,or even get Sturridge back cos he is world class now and you know what they say about a sinking ship.

Gerrard looks like he is going to LA Galaxy ...he mustn't of fancied City then! tongue.png

I say we piggybank that money as part of our Messi fund.biggrin.png

That is exactly what I was thinking

City don't need a "Messi fund", Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan to Manchester. FFP, what FFP?