Manchester City

mrbojangles

Why don't you loan someone smile.png

Greedy feckers....they can have Adebore back....that'll teach 'em!

You've already had him for longer than we did thumbsup.gif

Just take him down Moss Side and shoot him please.

Surely you have rougher places darn sarf. I know petrol has gone a lot cheaper but it would still be a waste of money spending it on driving him up to Manchester tongue.png

I say we piggybank that money as part of our Messi fund.biggrin.png

That is exactly what I was thinking

City don't need a "Messi fund", Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan to Manchester. FFP, what FFP?

Keep up will ya...City don't have any loan players, Lampard is on a short term deal.

As for FFP, while you might think it has no affect on City, it does/has. We're limited in our spending, we're players lighter than all other teams in the Champions league (part of the reason Negredo moved on)...we only have 3 forwards...etc...so yes it's having a big affect on us just as intended by the football authorities...but we're getting on with it and still competing in the Premier and Champions League.

City don't need a "Messi fund", Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan to Manchester. FFP, what FFP?

Keep up will ya...City don't have any loan players, Lampard is on a short term deal.

As for FFP, while you might think it has no affect on City, it does/has. We're limited in our spending, we're players lighter than all other teams in the Champions league (part of the reason Negredo moved on)...we only have 3 forwards...etc...so yes it's having a big affect on us just as intended by the football authorities...but we're getting on with it and still competing in the Premier and Champions League.

Think you are about to spend another 30m on Bony!

Sorry to disagree with fellow Blues, but we need to buy another forward, and the sooner the better.

We've never effectively replaced Tevez, and only Aguero is as good or better. Negredo looked good for half a season, he's moved on and yet to be replaced. We need a 4th striker asap as the injuries to all 3 strikers has proved. We've done well in the short term to play without the 3 strikers but we need to make sure we don't need to play debut 18 yr olds or midfielders as false 9s again.

My opinion is Dzeko and Jovetic are not frontline strikers...ok to come off the bench or lead the line occasionally but we have all our eggs in Agueros basket.

Dzeko is hit and miss, he was decent when it mattered end of last season, but this season he's back to being bobbins. ..result of the new contract perhaps. Jovetic has a lot to prove, he doesn't look anymore than a 2nd striker, he's always very busy and trying to make things happen but his execution and decision making are too often off.

Bony looks a decent player, he can finish, he can hold up and link play, worth a go. We have apparently 24m coming in from Negredo, we're going to cash in on Sinclair, Guidetti and Nastasic, and we have 20M in the kitty FFP will allow us to spend.

GET SOMEONE IN NOW CITY IF WE"RE GOING TO COMPETE TO WIN SOMETHING THIS SEASON.

Ah I can fix that for you "City don't need a "Messi fund", Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan a short term deal to Manchester. FFP, what FFP?"

O.K. Now?

• Like 1

biggrin.png See Mr Bo it isn't only me that noticed tongue.png .....and how you got away with now saying it wasn't a loan deal but a short term deal is unbelievable....dodgy at the least but hey ho FFP and the big wigs that give you the fine in the first place are made to look idiots.Makes a mockery of it doesn't it if you can just go and buy a club in another continent to get around the rules.

FFP cheesy.gif

What about Rochdale or even Leicester or Palace can they buy a club in another continent and do the same? No ....so where is the financial FAIR play in all that.

Sorry but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth,and i am not a bitter wink.png

Ah I can fix that for you "City don't need a "Messi fund", Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan a short term deal to Manchester. FFP, what FFP?"

O.K. Now?

1. Lampard, who you are trying hard to relate this to, was out of contract and City picked him up free on a short term deal. He does not have a contract with NYC and seems never to have had a contract with NYC.

2. "OK now?" That would be more than ok fpr us Blues if "Barcelona sell him to Melbourne or New York and then a season long loan to Manchester".

If you can't at the very least compete to win silverware with your current squad (less Bony) then serious questions need to be asked to your manager!!

I think our squad is adequate if we remain free of injuries but the facts are this season we are suffering lots of injuries to key players/1st choicers not squad players, and to all 3 strikers at one time for several weeks. Take a second to think whether Chelsea would be doing as well if the likes of Terry..Fabregas..Matic..and Costa, Drogba and Remy were all out at the same time. If they were joint top with such problems then I'd be well impressed, just as I have been by misfiring and too-many-injured City.

The other fact is we are one striker short and need to fix that problem out asap.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Sorry to disagree with fellow Blues, but we need to buy another forward, and the sooner the better.

We've never effectively replaced Tevez, and only Aguero is as good or better. Negredo looked good for half a season, he's moved on and yet to be replaced. We need a 4th striker asap as the injuries to all 3 strikers has proved. We've done well in the short term to play without the 3 strikers but we need to make sure we don't need to play debut 18 yr olds or midfielders as false 9s again.

My opinion is Dzeko and Jovetic are not frontline strikers...ok to come off the bench or lead the line occasionally but we have all our eggs in Agueros basket.

Dzeko is hit and miss, he was decent when it mattered end of last season, but this season he's back to being bobbins. ..result of the new contract perhaps. Jovetic has a lot to prove, he doesn't look anymore than a 2nd striker, he's always very busy and trying to make things happen but his execution and decision making are too often off.

Bony looks a decent player, he can finish, he can hold up and link play, worth a go. We have apparently 24m coming in from Negredo, we're going to cash in on Sinclair, Guidetti and Nastasic, and we have 20M in the kitty FFP will allow us to spend.

A decent counterpoint made by BB.

I agree that Dzeko and Jovetic are not tearing it up. I don't think Dzeko ever will. Jovetic I'd like to give more time and see if his decision making improves. If Bony arrives I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them go. I'd prefer Dzeko go as Jovetic can play a bit behind strikers and Dzeko can't. Actually Jovetic's game is very similar to the game Tevez plays, but unfortunately Jovetic ain't Tevez.

• Like 1

A decent counterpoint made by BB.

I agree that Dzeko and Jovetic are not tearing it up. I don't think Dzeko ever will. Jovetic I'd like to give more time and see if his decision making improves. If Bony arrives I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them go. I'd prefer Dzeko go as Jovetic can play a bit behind strikers and Dzeko can't. Actually Jovetic's game is very similar to the game Tevez plays, but unfortunately Jovetic ain't Tevez.

Totally in agreement with all your points. Dzeko is limited but seems capable of learning (looks like Pelles taught how to control a ball instead of it always running away from him). Jovetic reminds me of Tevez without the aggression and leadership...he reminds me of a school yard kid always playing at a 100miles...he needs to simplify his game and cut out the flicks (think how rarely Silva flicks...he plays the ball carefully to retain possession for the team)...im glad we kept him in the summer but after a 1.5 seasons he needs to become one of the key team players...he looks like he has that potential.

biggrin.png See Mr Bo it isn't only me that noticed tongue.png .....and how you got away with now saying it wasn't a loan deal but a short term deal is unbelievable....dodgy at the least but hey ho FFP and the big wigs that give you the fine in the first place are made to look idiots.Makes a mockery of it doesn't it if you can just go and buy a club in another continent to get around the rules.

FFP cheesy.gif

What about Rochdale or even Leicester or Palace can they buy a club in another continent and do the same? No ....so where is the financial FAIR play in all that.

Sorry but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth,and i am not a bitter wink.png

Come on Red get with it will you. Everybody thought Lampard was on a loan from NYC but the fact that has emerged is that he was out of contract and signed for City on a free...a short term deal. Khawyai mai? No reason then for you to have a bad taste in the mouth.

While you're on, what's this we've been reading from Old Trafford that ManU are title challengers...what! I won't comment on Manu compared to City as I'm a bit too blue, but come on, there's no way Manu are as good as this current Chelsea team. Interested in your opinion/your forecast for your end of season position.

See the FFP lovers are on here again. While I know there's a forum for FFP, as all the none Blues love to raise it here, thought a bit of FFP reading might be of interest. Try this one:

http://www.oxera.com/Latest-Thinking/Agenda/2014/Financial-fair-play-or-an-oligopoleague-of-foo.aspx

Financial fair play or an oligopoleague

I particularly found this part interesting "The FFPR is therefore promoting the emergence of an oligopoleague of big, wealthy clubs within the UEFA competitions.[9] These clubs will continue to enjoy a strong position in the upstream input market for the purchase of players which, in turn, is likely to lead to a cascade of anticompetitive effects on downstream secondary markets such as those for football tickets, subscriptions, merchandising, sponsoring, TV rights, mobile telephony rights, and Internet rights."

The outcome of Dupont's court cases in 2015 should be interesting.

I don't think we are in disagreement Bred. I agree that we do need another striker. However, due to us having too many foreignersand our reduction of squad size for Champs League, it'll mean Dzecko or Jovetic will have to go. The positives about Bony is that we know he can score in the prem and from all over the place, with his head and feet. But I'm not sure he's a 30mil player and I'm not happy that we need the striker now, whereas he'll be buggering for a month to the African Cup when we need him most. The Prem could be won or lost by the time he returns.

I don't think we are in disagreement Bred. I agree that we do need another striker. However, due to us having too many foreignersand our reduction of squad size for Champs League, it'll mean Dzecko or Jovetic will have to go. The positives about Bony is that we know he can score in the prem and from all over the place, with his head and feet. But I'm not sure he's a 30mil player and I'm not happy that we need the striker now, whereas he'll be buggering for a month to the African Cup when we need him most. The Prem could be won or lost by the time he returns.

I am in the Bony camp.

From what I have read, the price is nearer 25 mill with 5 mil add ons.

We are likely to be selling Nastasic, Guidetti and Sinclair, which is likely to bring in almost 20 mill, which allows us to buy Bony for a net spend of less than 10 mill, which is within our budget for FFP.

Our next CL game is middle of Feb, which means Bony will be back from African cup. I believe he is a vast upgrade on either Dzeko or Jovetic.

I accept he is not going to help us over the next month or so, but I think, having seen him play several times this year and last, that his style of play will suit City. If you compare him to Dzeko, I think his touch is better than Dzeko, he is a lot stronger than Dzeko, a million times faster than Dzeko and his scoring record is comparable, above all else, his movement is a huge upgrade on Dzeko. I just think his style of play and movement will suit Silvas link up play in a big way.

So it seems that subterfuge may have been at work :-

From the (formerly Manchester) Guardian

"Don Garber, the Major League Soccer commissioner, has accused Manchester City of an “error in judgment” in the handling of Frank Lampard’s failed move to New York City though denied the American franchise is merely a farm club for the English champions.

City and NYCFC are both owned by Sheikh Mansour, through his parent company, the City Football Group (CFG). Lampard had seemingly moved to City on loan last summer after signing a contract with NYCFC before it emerged last week the midfielder had never agreed any terms with the American franchise.

While it is now thought Lampard actually signed a deal with CFG, the 36-year-old was widely quoted at the time as having joined NYCFC and had an official unveiling for the club in New York.

This led to NYCFC supporters buying season tickets and The Third Rail, an independent supporters group, claiming “outrage” at the decision taken on New Year’s Eve to extend Lampard’s spell at City until the end of the season."

Will NYC FC be stillborn?

Full Article Here

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

"Don Garber, the Major League Soccer commissioner, has accused Manchester City of an error in judgment in the handling of Frank Lampards failed move to New York City though denied the American franchise is merely a farm club for the English champions.

City and NYCFC are both owned by Sheikh Mansour, through his parent company, the City Football Group (CFG). Lampard had seemingly moved to City on loan last summer after signing a contract with NYCFC before it emerged last week the midfielder had never agreed any terms with the American franchise.

While it is now thought Lampard actually signed a deal with CFG, the 36-year-old was widely quoted at the time as having joined NYCFC and had an official unveiling for the club in New York.

This led to NYCFC supporters buying season tickets and The Third Rail, an independent supporters group, claiming outrage at the decision taken on New Years Eve to extend Lampards spell at City until the end of the season."

Full Article Here

Any supporters of NYCfc should be entitled to a refund on season tickets if they bought because of lampard signing.

Thanks PREM Why would you have an official unveiling for a club that you have never been signed by ?? cheesy.gif

Jokers you lot ....he also has been pictured training with NYC and signing on at the press unveiling ....what was he doing then?.... signing his autograph biggrin.png DODGY DEALING BY THE BLUES ..no way around it however you try.

42494_50046.jpg

If it is true what the Gaurdian journo is saying in the above article it is even more damning and underhand.

• Like 1

Frank at the official unveiling and signing on ......but of what?? clap2.gif

Or do they all look so miserable because they know that is is just a publicity stunt and the shit will hit the fan like it has done?

Tell me boys why oh why would he "put pen to paper in New York" and have these photos if he never signed for the club?

The club that is owned by Manchester City.

Frank-Lampard-in-New-York.jpg

"Don Garber, the Major League Soccer commissioner, has accused Manchester City of an error in judgment in the handling of Frank Lampards failed move to New York City though denied the American franchise is merely a farm club for the English champions.

This led to NYCFC supporters buying season tickets and The Third Rail, an independent supporters group, claiming outrage at the decision taken on New Years Eve to extend Lampards spell at City until the end of the season."

Full Article Here

What, stillborn because Frank doesn't join them in March (according to The Commissioner joining in July isn't unusual)? Come on...straws...clutching.

Most fans would be overjoyed to have forwards such as yourselves. Exactly how many forwards do you want? facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Full Article Here

Any supporters of NYCfc should be entitled to a refund on season tickets if they bought because of lampard signing.

I'm with you on that. I'm sure the Sheik has the money ready to pay up if they protest/claim a refund. Of course if they only bought a season ticket because of Frank Lampard then NYC are probably better off without such fans in a long-term view, bit like Utd would be better off without the prawn sandwich brigade eh.

From the official MLS website:-

Welcome to New York City: Frank Lampard

Lampard, whose signing was officially announced at a community event in Brooklyn Bridge Park this morning, brings with him the highest level of football ability and a wealth of experience to the new franchise which makes its debut in March 2015.

Lampard joins David Villa, Jeb Brovsky and Josh Saunders on the roster at the Club and has signed a two-year contract which starts August 1st. He will wear the number 8 jersey, the number he has worn throughout his decorated career in European football.

I am really excited about joining New York City FC and helping to play a real part in building something special in one of the sporting capitals of the world,” said Lampard. “The passion of the nation’s fans at the World Cup was second to none and I am looking forward to meeting New Yorkers and tapping into their love of the game. It is a privilege to be able to help make history here in New York City - I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it.”

Full Story Here

Edited by PREM-R

Thanks PREM Why would you have an official unveiling for a club that you have never been signed by ?? cheesy.gif

Jokers you lot ....he also has been pictured training with NYC and signing on at the press unveiling ....what was he doing then?.... signing his autograph biggrin.png DODGY DEALING BY THE BLUES ..no way around it however you try.

42494_50046.jpg

If it is true what the Gaurdian journo is saying in the above article it is even more damning and underhand.

I suspect that we can all read around the clues here. City/NYC want to sign up Frank last summer for the new season in USA starting 9 months later in March 2015. He obviously doesn't have a contract with NYC (probably both parties wouldn't want to commit 9 months in advance for obvious reasons)...so maybe/probably he has a pre-contract agreement with NYC hence the unveiling. City take him on as he's out of contract and on a free until seasons end in May with a break-clause of 31.12.14 which required the parties to agree to nullify the break clause if he was to stay 01.01.15 onwards which they've now done. He's staying until the summer with City unless the Parties agree he can leave earlier. He is expected after he leaves City in the Summer to join up with NYC. Simple is it. What wasn't clear in all of this was whether Frank was on a loan from NYC (he wasn't) or a contract with City (he was/is)...but why should they tell you or even City fans such details if they consider it unnecessary to do so for whatever reason.

Frank at the official unveiling and signing on ......but of what?? clap2.gif

Or do they all look so miserable because they know that is is just a publicity stunt and the shit will hit the fan like it has done?

Tell me boys why oh why would he "put pen to paper in New York" and have these photos if he never signed for the club?

The club that is owned by Manchester City.

Frank-Lampard-in-New-York.jpg

What "shit will hit the fan like it has done"? A few NYC fans complaining...big deal...and you should be used to this more than most with the Glazers.

Keep it coming boys because this is all about of a non story isn't it.

Most fans would be overjoyed to have forwards such as yourselves. Exactly how many forwards do you want? facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Four (4)...good ones.